• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello, I'm new here!

Island Fisher

My Christianity as a child was early in life, since my Dad was an Elder at our church. I never really got to know Christ by my own choice until I woke up one morning at the age of 16 years old. I felt the need to be Baptized and told my Dad, He had tears in his eyes and was so happy, he said everyone makes a choice in their own time and this was my time to truly let Jesus in my heart.

I was baptized by our Pastor and for the first time I actually loved to hear his sermons. I don't understand why I went from an obligation to my Dad to go to church and of course always believing in Christ but to loving every minute I was there in fellowship and truly listening to God's word spoke through our Pastor. It was almost like waking up and things changed, I changed.

I was offended by the lord's name said in vain with profanities, I actually stopped a few friendships with schoolmates because they didn't respect my beliefs and mocked me for being different.

As I grew to be a stronger Christian, I actually became the Sunday school teacher at our church and loved to tell the children about God's word in a childlike innocence that they could relate too, They enjoyed hearing stories and passages from the bible because I made it fun with rewards given to them. As simple as a colorful sticker was enough to show them that Sunday school doesn't need to be a place they felt forced to attend because of their parents but a pleasant time to grow their faith and that God accepts us at any age, we just have to ask.

When our Pastor left the church the new interim pastor wasn't reaching me the way our former Pastor did, I found myself trying to seek for a new church . My Dad left as well along with many of the congregation. It was almost as if the church became empty in the spirit and Jesus was knocking to come into the church bu no one was at home. I searched for years, with and without my Dad, finding temporary fellowship but not for long term.

I married at a very young age regrefully I was put through many hardships in life but still stayed firm and strong in my faith. I was a young Mother and struggled to raise her in the Christian faith but as she grew up she didn't make the same choices in her faith as I did. When my daughter was old enough to not be damaged by a dissalusion of marriage to my husband as there was personal trauma and and a severed relationship with her and her Dad that will never be repaired, I seeked to be the best Mom I could.

It's true God works in mysterious ways, I wasn't seeking but found my true soulmate in life and my void in life with so much pain was filled. 21 years of happiness but as the Lord givith the Lord taketh away. My wonderful soul mate, much to young to be taken but as we know God only knows the time that we all are to be with the Lord in Heaven . He was taken by Cancer but the curcumstances of a suscessful operation that went wrong by other peoples errors has been extremely hard for me to accept.

The one thing my loss has done is being me even closer to God, I did feel anger and don't understand his will but we don't know God's plan for us. The days now with Covid taking so many lives needlessly, it's hard to undersand the outcome of it all. I just grieve the loss of my husband, I once feared death but after loosing a soulmate there is no fear, there is endless pain of course with the loss that I have never experienced before but I have put my life in God's hands and know when it's in his time to take me to his paradise I will see my soulmate again and that is what I live for everyday now, without fear, just acceptance that Jesus died for our sins and through him we will all have everlasting life in his kingdom.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My Christianity as a child was early in life, since my Dad was an Elder at our church. I never really got to know Christ by my own choice until I woke up one morning at the age of 16 years old. I felt the need to be Baptized and told my Dad, He had tears in his eyes and was so happy, he said everyone makes a choice in their own time and this was my time to truly let Jesus in my heart.

I was baptized by our Pastor and for the first time I actually loved to hear his sermons. I don't understand why I went from an obligation to my Dad to go to church and of course always believing in Christ but to loving every minute I was there in fellowship and truly listening to God's word spoke through our Pastor. It was almost like waking up and things changed, I changed.

I was offended by the lord's name said in vain with profanities, I actually stopped a few friendships with schoolmates because they didn't respect my beliefs and mocked me for being different.

As I grew to be a stronger Christian, I actually became the Sunday school teacher at our church and loved to tell the children about God's word in a childlike innocence that they could relate too, They enjoyed hearing stories and passages from the bible because I made it fun with rewards given to them. As simple as a colorful sticker was enough to show them that Sunday school doesn't need to be a place they felt forced to attend because of their parents but a pleasant time to grow their faith and that God accepts us at any age, we just have to ask.

When our Pastor left the church the new interim pastor wasn't reaching me the way our former Pastor did, I found myself trying to seek for a new church . My Dad left as well along with many of the congregation. It was almost as if the church became empty in the spirit and Jesus was knocking to come into the church bu no one was at home. I searched for years, with and without my Dad, finding temporary fellowship but not for long term.

I married at a very young age regrefully I was put through many hardships in life but still stayed firm and strong in my faith. I was a young Mother and struggled to raise her in the Christian faith but as she grew up she didn't make the same choices in her faith as I did. When my daughter was old enough to not be damaged by a dissalusion of marriage to my husband as there was personal trauma and and a severed relationship with her and her Dad that will never be repaired, I seeked to be the best Mom I could.

It's true God works in mysterious ways, I wasn't seeking but found my true soulmate in life and my void in life with so much pain was filled. 21 years of happiness but as the Lord givith the Lord taketh away. My wonderful soul mate, much to young to be taken but as we know God only knows the time that we all are to be with the Lord in Heaven . He was taken by Cancer but the curcumstances of a suscessful operation that went wrong by other peoples errors has been extremely hard for me to accept.

The one thing my loss has done is being me even closer to God, I did feel anger and don't understand his will but we don't know God's plan for us. The days now with Covid taking so many lives needlessly, it's hard to undersand the outcome of it all. I just grieve the loss of my husband, I once feared death but after loosing a soulmate there is no fear, there is endless pain of course with the loss that I have never experienced before but I have put my life in God's hands and know when it's in his time to take me to his paradise I will see my soulmate again and that is what I live for everyday now, without fear, just acceptance that Jesus died for our sins and through him we will all have everlasting life in his kingdom.
Hi, and welcome to the forum:)
You seem to be a very soft and gentle soul.

Hold

Model Member
Premium Member
Welcome, Island Fisher..... I'm sorry for you loss. Being One with your faith is a real blessing. There is a large diversity among members, many different denominations, completely different religions and to the other end of the scale,Atheists. Many different flavors can be a learning experience and an enjoyable journey. Post at your own pace and I think you will find the staff at RF to be friendly and a real asset..:blacksunrays:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Welcome!
I'm sorry for your loss, the future Resurrection will be a tremendous blessing for all mankind! Acts of the Apostles 24:15

Island Fisher

Welcome, Island Fisher..... I'm sorry for you loss. Being One with your faith is a real blessing. There is a large diversity among members, many different denominations, completely different religions and to the other end of the scale,Atheists. Many different flavors can be a learning experience and an enjoyable journey. Post at your own pace and I think you will find the staff at RF to be friendly and a real asset..:blacksunrays:

Thank you so much.

SA Huguenot

Nice to meet you.
Yes, death is all around us.
And we all will die, and will replace this tempory body with one that is immortal, without sickness and sorrow.
according to the recipy Jesus gave.
Believe in Him, and you will gain eternal life.
You are a wonderful example of someone that takes lifes' hardships as God's direction.
Just immagine what glory and peace you will find with Him!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Welcome to the forum and my heartfelt and prayerful support during this time of your loss. We are comforted in the knowledge that we will see and be with our loved ones forever and ever.

Although we never know everything, the why's of life" we ultimately trust the words of Jesus when He said, "it is thief that comes not but to kill, still and destroy but I have come to give life and that more abundantly". We know that it was the thief that came against you to rob your joy, kill your faith and attempt to destroy your future.

May God reveal His will for your life on this earth for while we are on this earth, He gives us purpose and destiny as we praise Him for the gift of life through Jesus Christ.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Lunch (free) will soon be served in the staff cafeteria.
Join us for the daily special....turkey stuffed with haggis.
OIP.-eCjKF1mMAeZLxrP27W8mgHaDF