• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello everyone. Glad to be here.

MansFriend

Let's champion the rights of all individuals!
I'm new here and am looking forward to having meaningful and respectful discussion about end-times prophecy.
I have received some paradigm shifting keys of interpretation of Biblical prophecy I hope to share and get constructive as well as respectfully critical feedback on.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Hi MansFriend, welcome to RF.
balloons.gif

Can you begin by defining your religion please? What exactly is an LDS Restitutionist? How are you different from other LDS believers?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Good gravy its turning into an LDS forum but not for long. There are others coming behind you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome, MansFriend. I kind of expected a Humanist, when I saw your moniker.

So which end time prophesies are you interested in discussing? There's certainly no shortage of them.

MansFriend

Hi MansFriend, welcome to RF.
balloons.gif

Can you begin by defining your religion please? What exactly is an LDS Restitutionist? How are you different from other LDS believers?
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm pretty much a mainstream LDS member but who is multi-generational and knows the full extent of our history and who is aware that the current state of things is very unfavorable. For example, people from my background will know we are still in a state of condemnation and that Zion has yet to be redeemed. I am knowledgeable about the earlier history and things like the United Order economic system, Celestial Plural Marriage, the literal Kingdom of God in terms of a form of civic governance over a religiously pluralistic society and other things recently new converts to the LDS Church won't know or ever come to know unless they search it out on their own.

My position is that in a future time, hopefully soon, there will be a cleansing and setting in order that will be like a resurrection of the earlier doctrines, laws and practices so that things can get back on track with what they were originally intended to be if the Saints would have loved the truths they were being given instead of reverting back to the traditions of the father and precepts of men, etc.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm new here and am looking forward to having meaningful and respectful discussion about end-times prophecy.
I have received some paradigm shifting keys of interpretation of Biblical prophecy I hope to share and get constructive as well as respectfully critical feedback on.
Google seems not to know what
Religion:
LDS Restitutionist means. Do you?

MansFriend

Welcome, MansFriend. I kind of expected a Humanist, when I saw your moniker.

So which end time prophesies are you interested in discussing? There's certainly no shortage of them.
I am particularly interested in the narratives that talk about Michael the archangel coming in the end times.
It also is of interest to explore how the prophecies of the end-times also cover a new beginning as well.
So, I like to introduce in how the end times prophecies are a parallel to the Adam and Eve narrative as well.
Because the ending is the beginning and the beginning is the ending, this puts Michael-Adam and Son of Man in focus.

MansFriend

Good gravy its turning into an LDS forum but not for long. There are others coming behind you.
I see that you are a staff member?
If I'm not welcome here I'll go ahead and leave. I don't want to make any kind of an imposition on things.
Just let me know as I'd rather not invest time and effort developing a train of thought with people just to be cut off.

MansFriend

I'll also add, I think I participated in this forum some years ago for a while.
As I recall, there are some really interesting people here but I think I eventually got too wary of being heckled.
Hopefully this time around there will be less heckling going on as it takes away from what I hope to enjoy.
While its nice to get appreciative feedback and agreement, I also enjoy substantive criticism that is respectful.
This is because I very much also hope to learn and grow and understand the perspectives of others better.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If I'm not welcome here I'll go ahead and leave. I don't want to make any kind of an imposition on things.
Just let me know as I'd rather not invest time and effort developing a train of thought with people just to be cut off.
I think that you are welcome here. @Brickjectivity is our resident philosopher and so, you may ignore him, if you will.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean it in a nice way. I think several regular visitors are LDS practitioners.