• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello and Peace to all

Freedomelf

I thank you for the opportunity to share my views on religion, and to learn and grow, spiritually, by learning about yours. As a Calyr Elf, I believe that diversity and freedom of faith is to be encouraged. There are many paths to heaven, and I welcome learning about yours. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Freedomelf said:
I thank you for the opportunity to share my views on religion, and to learn and grow, spiritually, by learning about yours. As a Calyr Elf, I believe that diversity and freedom of faith is to be encouraged. There are many paths to heaven, and I welcome learning about yours. :)

Hi FreedomElf,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

I have never heard of "Calyr Elf" until today, and now I see from:-http://www.calyr.org/calyr_lit.htm
A true genius, Sayer Fairhurst Worth was fascinated by the history of Faerland, and the entire world of the 5th, 7th and 9th dimensions. He became a very popular professor at Faerland University, and he and his family enjoyed happy years there. After the death of his wife, he grew more interested in the Calyr faith. In 1494 AD, he took a sabbatical in the Wizard Forest and discovered Elven scrolls hidden away in an ancient maussoleum. After 2 years of extensive research, Sayer published a Book of Elven Love Prayers gleaned from scrolls he had found. The Elven Love Prayers gave Sayer a notoriety that he had always shunned. He returned to head the Faerland University and tried, as best as he could, to live quietly and continue his research.

From which I think your faith sounds as if it would fit into "Neo Pagan and revival", as it sounds as if it is that; I'd like you to put me right if I am wrong though !

I suggest that you look at our article for new members (from which there is a link to the Forum rules with which you ought to acquaint yourself)

I hope you enjoy your time with us, and look forward to reading your posts. :)

Freedomelf

Thanks so much, everyone! I really appreciate it.

I will check out the rules, Michel, and hopefully I won't make too many mistakes. :)

Thanks again.

Freedomelf

And yes, I'd say "Neo-Pagan" fits about the best, but I guess I am sort of a little bit of everything. I spent my youth in the Catholic tradition, and spent about 6 months as a postulant studying to become a nun. Later in life I switched to Episcopalian, and was a Christian Ed director for quite a few years. Still later I studied Hindu, and loved the universal nature of their religion. But nothing ever fit. Being a Calyr Elf is simply embracing the fact that I don't KNOW which path is the absolute best. There are so many that I believe lead to heaven. So I seek goodness and kindness, rather than certainty, and believe that God will lead me in the right direction. Yep....Neo-Pagan is about the size of it! :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello and namaste! (Sorry for the lateness in my reply- I'm not always the quickest at these things. *embarrased blush*)

I'm looking forward to learning more about your individual path!