• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello all

JasAnMa

I'm new to the site and to debate in general. I wanted to participate in discussions of all kinds but mainly religion. I have my views and you have yours. I find that if I remain open to the truth during discussion I glean so much more than trying to win an argument. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject. If we could fight the urge, or ego, to hold onto an idea out of stubbornness or fear of being wrong I feel like we will learn more from each other. Let me know if you agree and if so how to enter into a dialogue with some one with different points of view with the purpose of finding truth. Thanks all.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm new to the site and to debate in general. I wanted to participate in discussions of all kinds but mainly religion. I have my views and you have yours. I find that if I remain open to the truth during discussion I glean so much more than trying to win an argument. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject. If we could fight the urge, or ego, to hold onto an idea out of stubbornness or fear of being wrong I feel like we will learn more from each other. Let me know if you agree and if so how to enter into a dialogue with some one with different points of view with the purpose of finding truth. Thanks all.
Hi. Welcome to the RF forums.

This particular section on "Science & Religion" is a debate section, which means you may disagree with what someone else says and try to correct them. Conversation gets heated here. Its not the section where you will find people just listening to one another's views; but there are sections like that. Most sections aren't marked debate and will be more in line with the spirit of your post which is to listen to other people. There are also restricted areas marked with 'Dir', and they specify at the top which groups are permitted to post.

Perhaps you will be interested in the Science and Technology section. People just post what information they have. Science and Technology

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thanks to join this forum, everybody is friendly here.
To have an open mind is a good thing. Now tell us one thing about one's religion that one likes most.

Regards

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Welcome to RF.

I like your attitude. If you come here to learn, you will learn. If you come here to win arguments and debates you won't learn as much. I tend to start threads in the open debate sections such as these to allow for open discussion. Most participants tend to be respectful and reasonable.

Now here's a question. What do you want to find the truth about?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Well written intro.... you will do well here.

sign0016.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi, welcome to the madhouse, oops, forum, sit back and enjoy

While you are wading through and getting your bearings before the staff canteen opens please enjoy a petite gateaux or two.

guide_perigord_fr_complet_150dpi_050_3.png

danieldemol

Premium Member
Welcome to RF :)
You will fit in well here

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
I'm catching up with all the new posters' threads I missed.
Join us for the free (staff paid for) breakfast....
th