• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell on Earth

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
why would a person need to go to a physical hell somewhere else; if they were already being demonized, bullied, antagonized, terrorized, oppressed on earth?
No, those go straight to Heaven

The bullies on the other hand will be bullied
If I were God

why would a person need to go to a physical hell somewhere else; if they were already being demonized, bullied, antagonized, terrorized, oppressed on earth?

In Bible the hell (=Gehenna) is a place where soul and body are destroyed. So, probably people are sent to there to be destroyed. I think that is the difference.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
What if it's all hell and all heaven simultaneously? What we make it rings a bell, but is rarely an easy effort. Hell connotes both the grave, and hardship, which is pretty much what we have in life.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In Bible the hell (=Gehenna) is a place where soul and body are destroyed. So, probably people are sent to there to be destroyed. I think that is the difference.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28
a soul, person, personality is tied to a body.

a spirit isn't. a spirit has to do with mind that doesn't have a form. like angels don't have earthly bodies

This thread isn't about the founding fathers and what they did/didn't think about christianity.

FYI christianity isn't an exclusively american idea. Hell isn't an exclusively christian concept either

also moral people don't go around trying to control others with their beliefs. that tends to be a criminal thing; especially when it becomes life threatening.

people who try to control another with their beliefs, are practicing hypocrisy. it flies in the face of the golden rule.

Welcome to RF
Your ignotance of the founders

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your ignotance of the founders
this isn't a thread about the constitution. it's about the belief/idea of hell. if you want to discuss freedom of religion vs a christian theocracy, please consider creating a thread.

christians are in the majority and the world is going to hell in a handbasket. why would you think it's the fault of some other?

Fool, isn't that someone who can not ser what is in front of their face. Ra h and every founder demanded subservience to the ETERNAL GOD. NONE were deists. I could give you 1-2 quotes, but the founders gave 357 references on Christianity/BIBLE. This nation was designed as a THEOCRACY, as the last 4 words of the last verse of the unofficial national anthem 1835-1935 state, " .....GREAT GOD, OUR KING.".

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To teach 'em to know when they're well off, perhaps?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fool, isn't that someone who can not ser what is in front of their face. Ra h and every founder demanded subservience to the ETERNAL GOD. NONE were deists. I could give you 1-2 quotes, but the founders gave 357 references on Christianity/BIBLE. This nation was designed as a THEOCRACY, as the last 4 words of the last verse of the unofficial national anthem 1835-1935 state, " .....GREAT GOD, OUR KING.".
The authors of the Constitution are generally taken to be Deists with the humanist values of the Enlightenment. At a political level, however, the rule about no established religion was the result of pressure from the various Christian sects, each of whom was aghast at and terrified by the prospect of some version of Christianity other than their own being established (as in England and other European countries).