• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hell in anabaptism

hello, I am attempting to find out if there are any anabaptist denominations, especially mennonite, and any confessions, especially, showing the view expressed by paul that those uncontacted by the gospel can enter into heaven,

romans 2:11-16 and revelation 5:7

if they follow the dictates of the law unwittingly?

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
hello, I am attempting to find out if there are any anabaptist denominations, especially mennonite, and any confessions, especially, showing the view expressed by paul that those uncontacted by the gospel can enter into heaven,

romans 2:11-16 and revelation 5:7

if they follow the dictates of the law unwittingly?

by what do you mean in Rev 5:7 and He(the lamb of God) went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated at the throne.

ErikErik

There are many Mennonites who do not believe in universal salvation. They believe that we are accountable for what we know.

What Paul is saying in Romans 2 is that when someone perishes who never heard of the Law of Moses, it is not because they never heard that Law. Not hearing the Law of Moses will not condemn anyone. And hearing it will not save anyone. At the judgment, the question will not be: How much did you hear and know? In view of how little or how much you possessed, how did you live? How did you respond in your heart and your action. Paul is saying that we all have the moral law of God in our hearts. Therefore, we are without excuse.

Protester

There are many Mennonites who do not believe in universal salvation. They believe that we are accountable for what we know.

What Paul is saying in Romans 2 is that when someone perishes who never heard of the Law of Moses, it is not because they never heard that Law. Not hearing the Law of Moses will not condemn anyone. And hearing it will not save anyone. At the judgment, the question will not be: How much did you hear and know? In view of how little or how much you possessed, how did you live? How did you respond in your heart and your action. Paul is saying that we all have the moral law of God in our hearts. Therefore, we are without excuse.

No, Is universalism / universal salvation biblical? as this short monograph points out.

Acts 4:10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
11 "He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the chief corner stone.
12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
---Scripture Quotations Taken from the NASB

What does “Many are called but few are chosen” in Matthew 22:14 mean?

One should look over the The Anabaptist Story however, not all Anabaptists are Arminian or pacifists for that matter, but that gives a good history of the movement.

ErikErik

Many are called, few believe. The chosen are those who believe. They are few because we are responsible for answering the call.

Universal salvation is unscriputual.

Protester

Many are called, few believe. The chosen are those who believe. They are few because we are responsible for answering the call.

Universal salvation is unscriputual.

Ah, ErikErik, many Anabaptists, ...what do Baptists believe? Mennonites are Arminian, but being of the Amyraldism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia school of thought, I Monergism vs. synergism – which view is correct? I would support the monergism point of view.

But I think you're quite right about Is universalism / universal salvation Biblical? not being Biblical

Of course I can add, What does “Many are called but few are chosen” in Matthew 22:14 mean?

Last edited: