• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell Houses

Riders

I'm wondering if we will still have Hell Houses in Tx I imagine so. Are there any protests against Helll Houses how popular are they still?

Riders

Its Christians version of Haunted house except instead of scaring people with halloween they chose what its like to go to hell. They show people sinning drinking listening to rock music and then being in hell. At the end of the show many Hell Houses have been sued for forcing people to sign papers over saying they accept Jesus into their heart. Some have been known to kidnap people.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its Christians version of Haunted house except instead of scaring people with halloween they chose what its like to go to hell. They show people sinning drinking listening to rock music and then being in hell. At the end of the show many Hell Houses have been sued for forcing people to sign papers over saying they accept Jesus into their heart. Some have been known to kidnap people.
Going to hell for listening to rock&roll and drinking a beer? How 1950's. Or perhaps how Islamist of them given what Salafi Muslims think of drinking and music.

Riders

Going to hell for listening to rock&roll and drinking a beer? How 1950's. Or perhaps how Islamist of them given what Salafi Muslims think of drinking and music.
LMAO! But you have to remember these are Evangelical conservative Southern Baptist type churches,some Non Denominational some Community Some Full Gospel but they are stricter.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
They kidnap people? Is that not a sin in Christianity?

Riders

The article says one of the scenes has a girl who met a hot guy from Brasil on one of the social networks and she goes to hell for that. I guess that means I'm about to go to hell for meeting my good looking guy friend from the UU church in Facebook. But were just friends maybe God will let me off the hook, probably not...........I'm going to hell........

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Yeah, what are hell houses. I want to go to one.
Possibly, you don't. It's not horror like an amusement park & monster movies. These often depict various "sins" in deliberately exaggerated, over the top gross-out ways. You can search something like "hell house church news report" on YouTube to find some examples.

This is from a sitcom but doesn't exaggerate how twisted these exhibits get:

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I'd visit one for the lolz.

Of course, I'd sneak in my flask and sip while I huff vape fumes into their faces. If they're going to have a party so am I.

JJ50

I have never heard that term, hell house, before. It is only sick in the head Christian extremists who would go to those lengths, not decent moderate Christians.:eek: