• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell a Place of Suffering

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if hell is a place of suffering, can that suffering be alleviated through self knowledge, awareness of what creates suffering and how to remedy it?

gospel of thomas saying #70
70. Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you.

Alienistic

Anti-conformity
if hell is a place of suffering, can that suffering be alleviated through self knowledge, awareness of what creates suffering and how to remedy it?

70. Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you.

Earth seems to fit all of the criteria for being Hell. (With enough other impressions to make it subtle and seem as if it is not.)

For even if one has been strengthened, developed self awareness, knowledge, knowings, have learned how to cope and/or lead a life with as minimal as suffering as possible- suffering still remains all around one and happening to almost everything. Even if one has practiced release on all other beings, can handle all forms of suffering themselves- still doesn’t change the suffering seen all around one.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Earth seems to fit all of the criteria for being Hell. (With enough other impressions to make it subtle and seem as if it is not.)
I agree, as I believe that life in this world is a storehouse of suffering and that suffering is certainly not evenly distributed.
However, I believe we can be in Hell in this world and in the next world.
For even if one has been strengthened, developed self awareness, knowledge, knowings, have learned how to cope and/or lead a life with as minimal as suffering as possible- suffering still remains all around one and happening to almost everything. Even if one has practiced release on all other beings, can handle all forms of suffering themselves- still doesn’t change the suffering seen all around one.
That is true, some people believe that they have overcome suffering but unless they have walked in the moccasins of another they cannot ever know what they would do if they were in another persons moccasins.

Also,some people do not seem to care if there is suffering all around them as long as they are not suffering...
Also, some religious people will say that suffering is good for people because it helps people grow spiritually. I am not one of those religious people who believes that suffering is good for people across the board. I believe that suffering can be beneficial but I don't believe that all suffering is beneficial because that is an extreme view and a faith-based belief.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes.

Are you tired of my verbose and long-winded responses yet?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
no
would you like to share a long winded response as to why?

Not really, because it will likely be lost on most.

But I might be persuaded with some peanut butter cookies. Real peanut butter. No HFCS.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

But I might be persuaded with some peanut butter cookies. Real peanut butter. No HFCS.
you live to far away for me to actually bring you real peanut butter cookies. now i'm wanting some too

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

ya figure these would be any good?

upload_2021-9-19_21-52-47.png

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
you live to far away for me to actually bring you real peanut butter cookies. now i'm wanting some too
Uh oh -- I just had some really good peanut butter. I like that, although I suffered because I think I ate too much of a good thing.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see that reflects perfectly that hell is our own lower selves, so yes we can overcome that state of being by becoming closer to God in Purpose.

Regards Tony