• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heimish Party 2020

Tumah

Veteran Member
That was cute. It took a couple minutes to get moving, and he messed up the accent on a bunch of words, but I was laughing.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That was cute. It took a couple minutes to get moving, and he messed up the accent on a bunch of words, but I was laughing.
I heard him on an interview he had pretty recently explain that the Yiddish comes from his grandparents, but he's aware it's significantly different from yeshivish or chassidishe, Ultra-Orthodox Yiddish. And of course, it takes a real chassidishe person messing up English to know how to mess up English like a chassidishe person.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I heard him on an interview he had pretty recently explain that the Yiddish comes from his grandparents, but he's aware it's significantly different from yeshivish or chassidishe, Ultra-Orthodox Yiddish. And of course, it takes a real chassidishe person messing up English to know how to mess up English like a chassidishe person.

I don't think he meant the accent. I don't think it's likely his grandparents had an American Yiddish accent, since they were probably from Europe. He's copying American Yiddish, but he's just not keeping the accent consistent. For example, it's either shmitzig and kigel or shmutzig and kugel, but he used shmitzig and kugel.