• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heavy Metal Sermons

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I can't think of another way to put this... but there's some truly mental people in America (although since it's a lucrative gig...maybe not so mental)...

danieldemol

Premium Member
Came across this guy the other day...

He takes (unedited) clips from sermons / speeches and then composes a metal riff under it.
I love it! :D

He does it really well also...
Personally I think his talent is wasted on Kenneth Copeland and the like, but its a creative way to get famous i suppose, so good luck to him.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Personally I think his talent is wasted on Kenneth Copeland and the like, but its a creative way to get famous i suppose, so good luck to him.
I'm sure he does other things as well. :)
Or at least, I'ld hope so :)

However, knowing the state of the music industry these days, especially for musicians, I wouldn't be surprised if making clips such as these actually pays his bills, while his genuine records are just being pirated or he gets like 50 bucks for a million runs on spotify or whatever.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Nah. Them's lullabies :p

no its noise pollution. in the movie mad max its used to ramp up the fervor for war and violence.

there is nothing peaceful about heavy metal. it also says a lot about the psyche of the listener

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
nothing peaceful about heavy metal. it also says a lot about the psyche of the listener

Heavy metal isn't supposed to be peaceful, where do you get that idea from? You might as well say there's nothing rowdy about ambient music.

What does it say about the psyche of the listener? I'm interested in psychology.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Heavy metal isn't supposed to be peaceful, where do you get that idea from? You might as well say there's nothing rowdy about ambient music.

What does it say about the psyche of the listener? I'm interested in psychology.
its noisy. the poster, you, claimed it was a lullabye. it isn't

its noisy, loud, raucous.

it's angry

Extreme Metal Music and Anger Processing

Heart rate increased during the anger induction and was sustained (not increased) in the music condition, and decreased in the silence condition. PANAS active and inspired ratings increased during music listening, an effect that was not seen in controls. The findings indicate that extreme music did not make angry participants angrier; rather, it appeared to match their physiological arousal and result in an increase in positive emotions. Listening to extreme music may represent a healthy way of processing anger for these listeners.

i use music to process emotion myself but it says something about the listener who listens to heavy metal the majority of the time. They are angry and the music is a reflection of that.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It was a joke. I don't actually think they are lullabies.

I used to listen to metal a lot. According to my partner, one rather unsettling and unnatural thing about me is that I hardly ever "do anger." Perhaps I'm repressed. :D
if you read the article, it shows the person processes the emotion through the music. so the music is a reflection of the psyche

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
if you read the article, it shows the person processes the emotion through the music. so the music is a reflection of the psyche
It doesn't explain what "anger induction" involves - making them angry?
As I said, I only speak for myself - I don't/didn't listen to metal because of anger; so do not/did not "process" something that was not there.