• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven's Form of Governing

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
was Jesus promoting meritocracy in the parable of the talents?

matthew 25:14-30

Last edited:

MNoBody

or in other words, consciousness could be thought of as a man who set out on a journey....before he went he entrusted his 3 aspects with a portion of his one gold coin, piece of eight, which was divided up into 3 lots and apportioned to each of these principalities, each to their measure of ability.
who were tasked to attend to his mortal substance and grow............
as another way to look at this story

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Setting up a meritocracy is then setting up judges and kings to rule the masses.

Meritocracy sounds medieval. The promise of freedom and prosperity at their own hands is what oppressed people go for.

Why go backwards and repeat that old story?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Sorry, but if you want to convince me of a form of government, you'll have to do a lot better than, "Its what Jesus did". Jesus never successfully lead more than a dozen or so men in His lifetime.

When Jesus proves He can successfully lead a government of millions of people then I'll be interested.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sorry, but if you want to convince me of a form of government, you'll have to do a lot better than, "Its what Jesus did". Jesus never successfully lead more than a dozen or so men in His lifetime.

When Jesus proves He can successfully lead a government of millions of people then I'll be interested.
Look at the Catholics and Rome. Not a kind of government Id like to be subservient to.