• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heavenly Humour

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you're all well!

I also hope this is the right part of the forum for such a post - I guess I could have posted it to the jokes section ...

When it comes to near-death experiences, God — and His/Her/Its many representatives — often display a terrific sense of humor. This is one of the most important characteristics of the Divine — and also one of the most overlooked and/or downplayed.

On NHNE’s NDE Stories website, several NDErs mention God’s sense of humor, and also comment on related topics, such as the need to lighten up and not take life so seriously. Amy Call and Andy Petro are good examples. Even Howard Storm, who is famous for beginning his NDE in hell, describes some funny encounters with Jesus. The Near-Death Experience Research Foundation website also contains many accounts of humorous encounters with the Divine.

Here are a few examples…

To read the full article & examples, please click below -

Heavenly Humor - The Formula for Creating Heaven on Earth

Enjoy your day!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That was a *wonderful* reminder. And the jokes at the end were great as well. Thanks!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Our humor-duo is Yamaraj - the Lord of Death, the generally accurate accountant who keeps the records of deeds of all beings - Chitragupta. But some times, Chitragupta makes a mistake or the messengers of Yama make a mistake and bring a wrong soul to his court. After all, with the rise in population, they are over-worked these days. Then Yama blasts them with unprintable language.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A few years ago my father was mugged, his skull broken in three places as he was battered to the ground with a half brick.

He was left in a coma for more than a month. According to the eeg he died 3 times, brain activity completly ceased for a few moments, Each death was proceeded by a few seconds of intense brain activity.

When he woke from the coma he was told that he had died and is very fortunate to be alive.

His reply, "yes i know i died, the only reason i am here now is because god is a lousy poker player"

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A few years ago my father was mugged, his skull broken in three places as he was battered to the ground with a half brick.

He was left in a coma for more than a month. According to the eeg he died 3 times, brain activity completly ceased for a few moments, Each death was proceeded by a few seconds of intense brain activity.

When he woke from the coma he was told that he had died and is very fortunate to be alive.

His reply, "yes i know i died, the only reason i am here now is because god is a lousy poker player"

Yes - it remains a mystery - I have never had an NDE or know of anyonee who has - except on the internet but once had a dream that I died & left my body and was going into a bright light then I woke up and had to deal with "normal" reality again. It happened on a psych ward too - so maybe it was my faulty brian creating a lovely fantasy. Who knows - I guess eventually we will all find out for ourselves :)

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That was a *wonderful* reminder. And the jokes at the end were great as well. Thanks!

Glad to be of service.

It is a huge site - would take me weeks to click on all the various menus etc!

Pity most religious thought doesn't emphasise God's sense of humour - sometimes I think it is a twisted/eccentric sense of humour :)

Anyone who could invent human sexuality must have a funny side!

Enjoy your day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
mindless-consumerism.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes - it remains a mystery - I have never had an NDE or know of anyonee who has - except on the internet but once had a dream that I died & left my body and was going into a bright light then I woke up and had to deal with "normal" reality again. It happened on a psych ward too - so maybe it was my faulty brian creating a lovely fantasy. Who knows - I guess eventually we will all find out for ourselves :)

All the best!

The increased brain activity prior to him dying was the NDE. At brain death all brain activity ceases.