• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven...

chinu

chinu
I suppose everyone has their own thoughts about the nature of Heaven. Years back someone said that it is Love 24/7. I have felt pure love and it is pure ecstasy. Sex comes nowhere close to it.:heartribbon:
Term "Felt" is used for something that is OVER.
Term "Ecstasy" is used for something that is EVERLASTING.

Hence, how's this possible ? your'e lying :)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Pleasure on earth has many forms. But, pleasure in heaven has only one form. :)
Comments made by all hu-man living inside of the body of the Heaven.

Above us is only sky, where reactive heavens is. We live in the saved heaven, as water/oxygen is a known scientific wisdom for saving...as based on scientific principles.

Thinker, human. Consciousness and word usage, human. Belief self. Concepts said by self. How self feels as a question to answer, self conditions.

No one else is speaking on behalf of anything else accept self...and when that status is self accepted then no argument would exist.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Term "Felt" is used for something that is OVER.
Term "Ecstasy" is used for something that is EVERLASTING.

Hence, how's this possible ? your'e lying :)

The first time I felt pure Love was in a dream as a teenager.:)
The second time was during a lover's early morning kiss on the neck, somewhere between sleep and waking.:)

If I could package that feeling and share it with the world, our problems here would be over.

chinu

chinu
The first time I felt pure Love was in a dream as a teenager.:)
The second time was during a lover's early morning kiss on the neck, somewhere between sleep and waking.:)

If I could package that feeling and share it with the world, our problems here would be over.
No need to pack and send. I understand what you mean.

My point is.. something that lasts, or ends — is NOT love. It’s just a false attachment.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
My point is.. something that lasts, or ends — is NOT love. It’s just a false attachment.
Dude, if I could package that feeling, our problems here would be over. If heaven is indeed Love 24/7, it would be a great way to spend eternity. No drug can imitate it.

shivsomashekhar

“As far as I can tell from studying the scriptures, all you do in heaven is pretty much just sit around all day and praise the Lord. I don’t know about you, but I think that after the first, oh, I don’t know, 50,000,000 years of that I’d start to get a little bored.”
— Rick Reynolds

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If Heaven is Everlasting Life, what might we be doing there for all eternity? Also, if Heaven is Everlasting Life, what is Life as we know it now?
Heaven is when there is nothing but God, 24/7 ... meaning "pure Divine Bliss"; no earthly experience comes anywhere near this

Earthly Life gives the opportunity to experience, here and now, this "pure Divine Bliss" (Heaven)

ajay0

If Heaven is Everlasting Life, what might we be doing there for all eternity?

Just enjoying being.

But if one craves for the latest mobile, car, perfume or fashion trend, it will be difficult to enjoy being in the present. One would be in the past or future psychologically speaking and will not enjoy present moment awareness.

Also, if Heaven is Everlasting Life, what is Life as we know it now?

View attachment 44081
Photo by Adam Kontor from Pexels

Life as we know it is full of objectives and goals, cravings for this and that, and consequently we are restless and tense.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
If Heaven is Everlasting Life, what might we be doing there for all eternity? Also, if Heaven is Everlasting Life, what is Life as we know it now?

View attachment 44081
Photo by Adam Kontor from Pexels

Eternal Life.

Not Everlasting Life.
Everlasting means lasting forever, eternity is the absence of time.

To understand the distinction, think of a job at Amazon. You get there before the sun rises and the windows are all shut. The get you to leave your watch outside because it might be potential merchandise (ditto for cellphones and such). So you only have the Telxon to inform you of the time. It's a 10 hour shift with a short lunch break, plus you have to get to the place to login in and out of the timeclocks. But the time always seems weird there. Like you can't tell if it's really been 10 hours or they made you work 12 hours by folding time space. If you are having fun that day, the shift may feel like 6 hours. But if you're not, then it's torturous slowness.

Your stay in Heaven is a bit like checking into a motel with unlimited cash. You could stay a billion years. Or you could be like "Nope nope I don't know how to enjoy myself, let's reincarnate back in the 12th century."

Etritonakin

"I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness."

First... "heaven" is not actually our reward. Initially, it is the Earth (the meek shall inherit...) -but then beyond! We will be given access to "the heavens" and all therein -by being given an improved body which is not bound to Earth and which will allow extreme creative power -similar to that which allowed the Word to create all things in the first place.

Phil 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

1,Rom 8:8For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of [f]corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

Essentially... we will go "out there" -and create as we will -with power over even cosmic events -but while obeying the law of love so as to avoid conflict -lest the universe become as Earth has been.
We are bound to this rock until we are made ready for all else.

Then it will just be awesome, fun and beautiful. There is no point to anything otherwise. Ironically, we had to experience the opposite first -and "master it".

When Christ returns, he will begin to make Earth a "paradise" (into which the thief on the cross -now as asleep -will eventually be resurrected. Christ said he would be with him in "paradise" -not heaven -that day. Christ did not even leave Earth that day -but the thief will not have known the passage of time after his death -so it will be as the same day to him, just as we fall asleep and wake without experiencing the passage of time). Some will have been made immortal -and given positions in God's government -and humans will repopulate and continue to be made immortal. Then we will make the entire universe -perhaps beyond if there is a beyond -a paradise -and of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end! There are many prophecies describing how the Earth will be changed -from changing the nature of animals -to the end of war -to literally burning up the present works on Earth -to a massive and beautiful prefabricated city being brought down to Earth -to drastic changes to the topography of the Earth to allow for access to natural resources and materials presently beyond our reach!

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Well...the universe is still expanding. I've only lived for 46 years and haven't even scratched the surface of knowledge on just one subject and I want to do so much more. I think God has it all under control :)
You really cannot comprehend eternity, can you?

ecco

Veteran Member
Eternal Life.

Not Everlasting Life.
Everlasting means lasting forever, eternity is the absence of time.

To understand the distinction, think of a job at Amazon. You get there before the sun rises and the windows are all shut. The get you to leave your watch outside because it might be potential merchandise (ditto for cellphones and such). So you only have the Telxon to inform you of the time. It's a 10 hour shift with a short lunch break, plus you have to get to the place to login in and out of the timeclocks. But the time always seems weird there. Like you can't tell if it's really been 10 hours or they made you work 12 hours by folding time space. If you are having fun that day, the shift may feel like 6 hours. But if you're not, then it's torturous slowness.

Your stay in Heaven is a bit like checking into a motel with unlimited cash. You could stay a billion years. Or you could be like "Nope nope I don't know how to enjoy myself, let's reincarnate back in the 12th century."
You seem to think you know much about heaven. Care to share how you came upon that knowledge.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Can you comprehend what life will be like after death?

What I can confirm is that it feels like I blinked my eyes and 66 years passed by. I feel like I have missed sooooo much.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Can you comprehend what life will be like after death?

What I can confirm is that it feels like I blinked my eyes and 66 years passed by. I feel like I have missed sooooo much.

Neither of which address my comment to you:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Neither of which address my comment to you:
I don't think you understand what I am saying. We both don't understand eternity, neither do both of us understand time (since time is relative), neither do we know that God has in store, neither do we know what we will be doing.

So, in either case, we both have no knowledge.

What I do know is that it will be great.