• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I always wondered how you can enjoy heaven when your soul leaves the physical body that allows you to see...hear...smell...taste...love...laugh...run...walk...so on and so on.....in other words you can't do ANYTHING for eternity! Really think about that long and hard:)

And how do you know that you can't see..hear...smell...taste...love...laugh...run...walk...so on and so on? Especially since it appears that everybody comes back to earth according to scripture?

So, in reality, love expressed throughout eternity will be filled with joy.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The bible said Jesus came back...can you provide any evidence outside of a claim made by a 2000 year old book? I could claim that Voldemort is real becaise its says so in a book.

Why are you worrying about Heaven if you don't care what's written in the bible?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I always wondered how you can enjoy heaven when your soul leaves the physical body that allows you to see...hear...smell...taste...love...laugh...run...walk...so on and so on.....in other words you can't do ANYTHING for eternity! Really think about that long and hard:)

I did think about it, and found it interesting that Jesus taught humble meek people will inherit (Not heaven) but Earth.
I found at Revelation 20:6 that there are some people who have a first or earlier resurrection to Heaven with a purpose:
They are to govern with Christ for a thousand years over Earth, or govern over earthly subjects right here on Earth.
This happens during Christ's 1,000-year day of governing over Earth as per Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14.
They have two (2) heavenly jobs, or two (2) heavenly positions to do according to Revelation 5:9-10.
1) They serve mankind living on Earth as a king should serve in taking care of governmental responsibilities for earthly subjects or earthly citizens of God's kingdom government.
2 ) They also serve mankind living on Earth as priests meaning taking care of spiritual responsibilities for earthly citizens of God's heavenly kingdom for a thousand years until Jesus will then hand back God's kingdom to his God according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26 when even 'enemy death' will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8.
Those who are the meek who will inherit the Earth once the wicked are gone as per Psalms 92:7 and they will see...hear...smell... taste... love... laugh... run... walk, etc. as described in Isaiah 35.
Please also notice what else upright people on Earth will do according to Micah 4:3-4 and Isaiah 65:21-25.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And how do you know that you can't see..hear...smell...taste...love...laugh...run...walk...so on and so on? Especially since it appears that everybody comes back to earth according to scripture?

I can' t find any Scripture saying everybody comes back to Earth.
I find there are some who are resurrected to heaven such as those of Revelation 20:6; Revelation 2:10.
I find there are the many who will be resurrected back to healthy physical life on Earth.
I find there are those considered as wicked who are 'destroyed forever' as per Psalms 92:7; Hebrews 6:4-6; Matthew 12:32.
The choices I find at 2 Peter 3:9 is that if we do Not want to ' perish' (be destroyed) then we need to ' repent '.
We are nearing the soon coming 'time of separation' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Those humble ' sheep'-like people are alive on Earth and living on Earth at the time of Revelation 7:14 and they come through the coming great tribulation as they follow the advise as Isaiah wrote at Isaiah 26:20.

danieldemol

Premium Member
The soul will take delight in spiritual joys, not physical things.

According to my understanding lust is from the body, but love is an emanation from the soul.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Your brain produces dreams....your brain will be rotting in the ground while your soul is in heaven.
Well, actually, the Bible states that on Judgement Day the dead shall be resurrected and judged, and either allowed into the Kingdom or something else (the details of this something else depends on what passage of the Bible you are looking at - is it darkness, or a lake of fire?) that is called Hell. To take a guess, the idea of dying and appearing before the "pearly gates" may have originated from the Jesus' ascension.
But the Bible, according to Jesus, also states the the "Day of the Lord" would come at a time when even some of the Disciples were still alive, so I don't think we have anything to worry about.;)

Kev100504

Heaven should not exist for an atheist. So if you're going to talk about Heaven why not talk about the resurrection of the dead also?

Dou believe in resurrection without one documemted intance in modern

Everybody comes back to earth as in already has or will? They get a brand new body in perfect order? How do people believe in this BS?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Dou believe in resurrection without one documemted intance in modern

Everybody comes back to earth as in already has or will? They get a brand new body in perfect order? How do people believe in this BS?

I believe in The resurrection, It happens on the last day. There wouldn't be any modern documented occurances before then. Do you believe there could be a Last Day where the Earth is wiped clean and every living thing made instantly extinct. That hasn't happened yet either.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

IMHO you will be in a state of total awareness which both includes these senses in their true form, and transcends the senses at the same time.