• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heaven, dead spouses, and new flames?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Imagine you were madly in love with a man or woman who died. Maybe it was after 25 years of marriage, maybe it was after a few special dates.

Now years later, you fall in love again, and you spend the rest of your life with this new person.

When all three of you are dead and, imagine, in heaven, what happens?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Djamila said:
Imagine you were madly in love with a man or woman who died. Maybe it was after 25 years of marriage, maybe it was after a few special dates.

Now years later, you fall in love again, and you spend the rest of your life with this new person.

Oh Mom has indeed imagined that, but she pretty much just trusts that God has this afterlife stuff figured out. That, and her reading of the Bible makes it clear to her that the next life isn't about the physical sort of love anyway.

She gets rather distressed with a good friend of hers who seems to think that in the next life she's gonna be playing house in Heaven with her deceased husband. In fact, she went on so much about it, I asked her why she kept telling me about it -- is it her business to make anyone "see the light"? And if she's that concerned, shouldn't she go talk to the pastor *privately* and see if he even thinks this is a problem? And if it is, let him deal with it, that's what he's paid to do (and he's a very well-informed and gentle soul, excellent at pastoral work).

So finally, after a year, finally she must have figured out something, because she stopped kvetching to me about it. <whew!>

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
A celestial menage a trois? Probably not.

I don't believe our spiritual bodies will have sex. No need for it at all.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Djamila said:

In "heaven" you accept it for what it is-Love.

Hacker

Djamila said:
I believe that when we die, we will no longer have an ego which (according to Dr. Wayne Dyer) is "etching God out." The ego has the desire to win, it needs to be right, the need to be superior, the need to have more, etc...in "spirit" I really don't think we have to worry about the ego, I think it's all peace.;) In other words, the three of them won't give a hell.:D

Super Universe

Defender of God
In the next level when you meet someone you were close to you will both smile and remember it like two actors who played a part in a movie. Only on the earth is love (love, I'm not talking about sex) something you are forbiden to share.

Beware of addictions. If you need someone or some substance, what are you going to do when you can't have it at the next level? It will hold you back until you break free from it.

Bishka

Veteran Member
This would be an interesting question to ask the LDS.

I know some, but couldn't answer this question to the depth that would be necessary.

Ody

Djamila said:

Sounds like a pr0n film. JK

It would be awkward, but we have to move on, its not fair to our others, they wouldnt want our lives ruined into isolation.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Djamila said:
I'm thinking in heaven everyone will have an overwhelming love for God and each other and coupling won't matter.

Djamila said:

Your question remotely reminds me of a passage in Scripture where the Sadducees asked Jesus something somewhat similar:

"The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him (Jesus) and asked Him, saying, 'Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. Now there were with us seven brothers. The first had died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. Last of all the woman died also. Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her.' Jesus answered and said to them, 'You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marraige, but are like the angels of God in heaven.' " Matthew 22:23-30

FGS

Bishka

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
I'm thinking in heaven everyone will have an overwhelming love for God and each other and coupling won't matter.

Even if they were coupled, I think that love of God will overwhelm all.