• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat waves are boring

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There's a heat wave here in France. It's so hot outside I find it hard to breathe so I'm stuck indoors and bored out of my mind.
Can't sleep much at night so I'm tired and grumpy an can't even go out for a run. That would do me good but it's not a good idea today.
So now I have time to think about things that are not necessarily important, but make me curious nonetheless. My latest though is a very old issue: what came first, the chicken or the egg?
I think God made the chicken first because the chick can't survive without the mother. Anyone has any ideas?

They both came first A single cell organism was the first live thing born. It was both an organism and an egg. It gave birth by dividing as 2 organisms and 2 eggs. Life has always been this way now certain creatures started breaking out of the egg early in life.

Vee

Premium Member
They both came first A single cell organism was the first live thing born. It was both an organism and an egg. It gave birth by dividing as 2 organisms and 2 eggs. Life has always been this way now certain creatures started breaking out of the egg early in life.

Even if by some kind of miracle something else became the egg, and this egg produced a bird inside, once it hatched it would die without the food and protection provided by the mother, so it would never have become an adult, it wouldn't have reproduced and that would have been the end of that species.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It's a refreshing 29°C (84°F) in the typically Hotlanta today, with a mild 54% humidity. You can barely feel the sweat go down the crack of yo butt!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
107f is not to be sneezed at.

That's just a typical day in my neck of the woods.

Actually, it's been slightly cooler than usual this time of year. I think it was only 107° today. It hasn't been above 110° yet this year.

A few years ago, my A/C broke down when it was 116° outside.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's a heat wave here in France. It's so hot outside I find it hard to breathe so I'm stuck indoors and bored out of my mind.
Can't sleep much at night so I'm tired and grumpy an can't even go out for a run. That would do me good but it's not a good idea today.
So now I have time to think about things that are not necessarily important, but make me curious nonetheless. My latest though is a very old issue: what came first, the chicken or the egg?
I think God made the chicken first because the chick can't survive without the mother. Anyone has any ideas?

Sounds like a standard North West Queensland Summer where we get a few months of 37 plus and into the low and mid 40's often. :D;) Nights can stay over 30.

I dislike the heat as well! :eek:

Regards Tony

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Even if by some kind of miracle something else became the egg, and this egg produced a bird inside, once it hatched it would die without the food and protection provided by the mother, so it would never have become an adult, it wouldn't have reproduced and that would have been the end of that species.

Nice but the quote is usually referring to the egg or the egg layer because based on evolution caused by random mutations the egg definitely came before the chicken. The chicken was taken care of by their non-chicken mother but still ancestor.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nice but the quote is usually referring to the egg or the egg layer because based on evolution caused by random mutations the egg definitely came before the chicken. The chicken was taken care of by their non-chicken mother but still ancestor.

Except there is no evolution of random mutation.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You get used to it after a while.

Personally I have never got used to it. One does push on through the heat though. I remember pouring concrete in 47 deg one day in the 1990's. We would screed it flat and that was it, no further work was possible as it had gone off, even with retarder. It was still 100 deg at midnight that day!

Regards Tony

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally I have never got used to it. One does push on through the heat though. I remember pouring concrete in 47 deg one day in the 1990's. We would screed it flat and that was it, no further work was possible as it had gone off, even with retarder. It was still 100 deg at midnight that day!

Regards Tony

Where I'm from, at least it's a dry heat. It cools down 30-40 degrees at night.

In places like Houston or New Orleans, it might not be as hot temperature-wise, but the humidity can make it intolerable.

I was reading about the heatwave in France, where heat records are being broken. France Suffers Through Hottest Day In Its History — 113 Fahrenheit

gettyimages-1152506393_wide-e077c0853ca6d37b72904442b8f07717c41a04c2-s1500-c85.jpg

Record temperatures have gripped other parts of Europe this week. Heat records were broken in Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Luxembourg and the small principality of Andorra, between France and Spain.

In Spain, firefighters have spent days trying to tame a raging wildfire said to have been sparked by combustible chicken manure that had been improperly stored.

I guess you gotta watch out for that combustible chicken manure.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Where I'm from, at least it's a dry heat. It cools down 30-40 degrees at night.

In places like Houston or New Orleans, it might not be as hot temperature-wise, but the humidity can make it intolerable.

I was reading about the heatwave in France, where heat records are being broken. France Suffers Through Hottest Day In Its History — 113 Fahrenheit

gettyimages-1152506393_wide-e077c0853ca6d37b72904442b8f07717c41a04c2-s1500-c85.jpg

I guess you gotta watch out for that combustible chicken manure.

Yes the dry heat is better. Our colder months offer a lower humidity, but then wet season high humidity, high heat. Working outside, one is wet with perspiration all day! Its called Mango madness here. Tempers are always short.

I hope that guy in the picture diving is not now a quadriplegic. ;) Fancy diving into knee deep water?

Keep cool all :D....our summer starts in September and goes through to April :disrelieved::flushed:

Regards Tony