• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Healing Raising

WalterTrull

Godfella
Thanks for the welcomes again. Never-the-less, I'm seeking a "heal the sick, raise the dead" type path. Found some interesting ideas and a few promising leads, but no cigar. I see/hear a lot of talk, but nobody seems to be doing it. Any suggestions?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thanks for the welcomes again. Never-the-less, I'm seeking a "heal the sick, raise the dead" type path. Found some interesting ideas and a few promising leads, but no cigar. I see/hear a lot of talk, but nobody seems to be doing it. Any suggestions?
Nobody is doing it? Hmmm......

Guessing everyone got completely healed and brought back to life so none if it was really needed anymore so it all was chucked out.

Forever lost to the ravages of time I'm afraid.

WalterTrull

Godfella
I'm guessing a disparity of thought on the subject. Science is starting to prove some interesting possibilities. Quantum physics implies a mental universe, so material impossibilities become moot.. JC said to do it. "How?" is the question.
I call the tool we use to move on an individual basis, faith. I believe I walk, move my arm, talk, etc. using the faith that I can. Gotta move past that somehow though because there is that body of thought we call the earth. Not being a solipsist, I have to ask who or what's thought? Can I influence it? How? Is faith enough? Do I have to just float downriver? We've read about the move mountains thingy.
How do we build faith? I think science is pretty good at it. We would seem to build a gozillion mental jigs using science. Kinda get tripped up with the falsification bit though.
Anyway, some of my thoughts. Wish I had more answers.
Ezekiel said "Eat what is in front of you". Hmmm...

eldios

Be patient and you will witness the death of your flesh and wake up in a new dream.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If you want to heal the sick, get a medical degree. If you want to raise the dead, go into emergency medicine. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally you pull back someone from the brink.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Faith isn't something we created men can produce or understand. Only those who are chosen will experience what "faith" means.
Well maybe. JC said he was going to build his church on knowing that the Holy Ghost would let us know what we needed to know. So I guess that's kinda like.

eldios

Well maybe. JC said he was going to build his church on knowing that the Holy Ghost would let us know what we needed to know. So I guess that's kinda like.

Yes. Only the chosen ones such us servants who testify to the knowledge of God called Christ and the believers who listen to the gospel of God we preach to them. Most Christians have never heard the gospel of God but they sure do believe in the false gospels they preach to each other.

eldios

Yeah, seems likely. We got days and seasons after all. Patience is tough though. Do you suppose that's part of what ol' Ezekiel was talking about?

Only us chosen servants of God who testify to the knowledge called Christ will understand the prophecies that Ezekiel and the other prophets wrote for God. Those who were chosen to listen to our gospel will learn what those prophecies are about.

WalterTrull

Godfella
I figure both the good guys and the bad guys are the children. I also note that all sins be forgiven, 'cept of course denying the Holy Ghost. I wonder if you can do that for very long. Kinda like how long can you hold your breath.