• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He won't get my vote

Pah

Uber all member
Gubernatorial Candidate Slams Atheists
by Bart Meltzer

Ron Sims, running for governor under the Democratic party (Washington), made a statement expressing a high degree of bigotry against Atheists. Sims appeared opposite of Dino Rossi (Republican candidate) in a debate hosted by KING5 and the Seattle Times. The debate aired on Northwest Cable News NWCN Wednesday night.

During the debate, the candidates were asked questions by three journalists. Some of the questions the journalists asked were submitted via email by viewers. One viewer who submitted a question expressed their own bigotry against non-believers by first stating they felt anyone who does not believe in a higher authority is a dangerous person, and this scares them. Then the person asked Sims if he would appoint these people [Atheists] to a judgeship.

Sims responded “I think it’s important for a person to feel they are not the only answer and that if they don’t have to account for what they say and what they do, those people are very dangerous. People who think they are the beginning and end of every question and answer are very dangerous people. Anyone who does not hold a belief in a higher authority is a very dangerous person.”

Complete article

Ceridwen018

It reminds me of the first X-Men movie, when that Senator was saying stuff like that about the mutants, lol.

It astonishes me how closed-minded and ignorant some adults are--especially when those adults are in positions of authority.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

He was kidding right? :sarcastic

Tell me he was kidding? *Shudders*

People can be so ignorant.

standing_on_one_foot

I dunno...if you ask me, the most dangerous people are those who are convinced God is on their side (not most people who are religous, obviously, just the few scary ones who are sure that, say, God wants them to kill people who are different or something). I mean, you want to talk about people who don't have to account for what they say or do...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
pah said:
Sims responded “I think it’s important for a person to feel they are not the only answer and that if they don’t have to account for what they say and what they do, those people are very dangerous. People who think they are the beginning and end of every question and answer are very dangerous people. Anyone who does not hold a belief in a higher authority is a very dangerous person.”
Ah! The myraid joys of atheist-bashing! How charming. Sims can't possibly be dumb enough to believe what he's saying.