• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Having wrong focus in religious practices

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You asked my understanding or views on it.

I did not. I said "according to islamic theology" every time I asked the question. I even bolded it as well.

This is not my first tea party. I know how dodgy theists can get when it comes to this question. I think it's because they know that the answer is patently absurd, not to mention barbaric and deeply immoral.

Not saying you think so too. Just explaining why I went out of my way to add "according to islamic theology" every time.

Yes the verse do say so. I do not go against Allah's teaching. But i am not the one who judge other people , so i answered I do not know because it is not me who judge. Only Allah can do that

So, Islamic theology teaches that they will be tortured for eternity?
You say you "don't know", but in the same breath state that the quran says they'll be tortured for eternity?

So what's that about?
Don't you believe what the quran says?

Note again that I'm not asking you what YOU THINK should happen to them. I'm asking you what your religion says will happen to them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I did not. I said "according to islamic theology" every time I asked the question. I even bolded it as well.

So, Islamic theology teaches that they will be tortured for eternity?
You say you "don't know", but in the same breath state that the quran says they'll be tortured for eternity?

So what's that about?
Don't you believe what the quran says?

Note again that I'm not asking you what YOU THINK should happen to them. I'm asking you what your religion says will happen to them.
According to the quran yes it does say non believers may end up in the fire. It does not say people from other religions do.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Talking about a practice isn't a practice. Getting out and doing stuff is. It's not so much about the philosophy one holds than it is about interacting with others in an uplifting way. Being charitable and cheerful goes a lot father than sitting around analysing various beliefs.

Just an idea.

Shakeel

Muslims believe that disbelievers will go to hell. If your belief in the hereafter is strong, then you will not be indifferent to beliefs that lead people to hell.

Condemning the Christians' worship of Jesus is legitimate. Comdemning the Hindus' worship of objects or animals is legitimate. In fact the Quran says:

Fussilat, ayah 33 "Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"?

Al-Imraan, ayah 104 "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity."