• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Having an option

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Discuss a choice you recently made.

What was it? How did you make the choice? Was it impulsive or thought out? Do you regret the choice? Would you make a different one if you could go back in time?

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Rust or grey was my choice, walking through a market this morning and a rack of cardigans caught my eye. I need a new cardigan but what colour? Could i decided? No, so I chose to walk away. Yes i am regretting not buying the rust, it would go well with my jeans, Different choice? Yup, I'll be back next Saturday, hopefully the vendor has some left.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Rust or grey was my choice, walking through a market this morning and a rack of cardigans caught my eye. I need a new cardigan but what colour? Could i decided? No, so I chose to walk away. Yes i am regretting not buying the rust, it would go well with my jeans, Different choice? Yup, I'll be back next Saturday, hopefully the vendor has some left.

I need new sweaters too! And jeans. The weather is finally cold enough here.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What was it? How did you make the choice? Was it impulsive or thought out? Do you regret the choice? Wouls you make a different one if you could go back in time.
Told my employer I would be quitting soon, but then I changed my mind about a week later. This was, overall, necessary but still regrettable. My relationship with my employer had begun to fall apart. I was able to repair it. I don't think that they were inconvenienced, much; but it has embarrassed me. I did intend to quit. I also don't intend, now, to quit. There is a small chance that I have started wheels turning which could result in my being let go, but employment is work at will not contract. I could always be let go without notice. There's no security, so I'm not feeling like my position is less secure.

If I could go back in time? I still would have had to decide to quit. As for whether I will regret staying...I guess probably not. The future lies ahead.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
There are too many options to list. Pretty much all the options I have are inconsequential and wouldn't affect my life much. What I decide to do with my free time is my choice and my choice alone. What music I listen to, what stores or restaurants I go to while I'm out, what websites to visit while I'm home, and more, isn't all that important. The only decision that I can think of that is both important to me, and important to you, is my decision to frequent this website we're all using. I am glad I did this, and I made friends with so many people, regardless in our differences in the big questions of life. So I'm glad I'm here, at the very least.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I recently emptied my ignore list. It's something I do roughly once a year, typically when the gaps in threads become more irritating than the entries being ignored.

I have no regrets; it's a decision easily undone.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

What was it? How did you make the choice? Was it impulsive or thought out? Do you regret the choice? Wouls you make a different one if you could go back in time.
Impulsive. I regret nothing. I bought two mystery boxes of stuff animals. One mystery box has arrived the other has not.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What was it?

Whether or not to reply to this thread.

How did you make the choice?

By carefully weighing out the consequences of either replying or not replying.

Was it impulsive or thought out?

Yes.

Do you regret the choice?

Not yet, but I'll probably suffer from poster's remorse after I reply.

Wouls you make a different one if you could go back in time.

Yes.

Heyo

Veteran Member

All my choices are impulsive. It's always the impulse to stop thinking about it. Otherwise I wouldn't make decisions.

Vee

Premium Member
This afternoon I had to decide between going to the shop to buy cake or make it myself. I was tired and even though there are shops nearby I didn't feel like going out. I made a very simple cake and I'm super happy with my choice. It's delicious and only needed 6 ingredients. I'm sure the one from the shop would have chemicals I don't need in my body and it would have been way more expensive.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
This afternoon I had to decide between going to the shop to buy cake or make it myself. I was tired and even though there are shops nearby I didn't feel like going out. I made a very simple cake and I'm super happy with my choice. It's delicious and only needed 6 ingredients. I'm sure the one from the shop would have chemicals I don't need in my body and it would have been way more expensive.

What flavor of cake is it?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A minor decision: at the farmer's market this morning I was at the chocolate booth to buy my regular. They had a couple of goodies - one with dark chocolate and one with added pomegranate. I could not make up my mind so I bought both. :oops::D:cool:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I had a medical consult regarding stem cell therapy yesterday and scheduled the procedure for Thursday. There wasn't a lot to think about. Although I'm a retired physician, as an American, I learned nothing about this therapy. It was not part of my professional experience. So, I was wary when other expats were taking them. But friends here in Mexico have had the treatments without ill effect, many getting good results with a variety of problems, so it seems safe and possibly effective. It'll be $2000 USD and be one visit for six intramuscular injections.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I had a medical consult regarding stem cell therapy yesterday and scheduled the procedure for Thursday. There wasn't a lot to think about. Although I'm a retired physician, as an American, I learned nothing about this therapy. It was not part of my professional experience. So, I was wary when other expats were taking them. But friends here in Mexico have had the treatments without ill effect, many getting good results with a variety of problems, so it seems safe and possibly effective. It'll be $2000 USD and be one visit for six intramuscular injections.

What does the procedure treat, if you don't mind me asking? I don't know about it.

Thea

account deleted
Discuss a choice you recently made. …

What was it?
Too embarrassing to tell. :oops:

How did you make the choice?
Well I went for it. :D

Was it impulsive or thought out?
I listened to my slow brain talking and decided to do what it proposed. :rolleyes:

Do you regret the choice?
No, this is how I learn. I do something and gather info from what happens.

Would you make a different one if you could go back in time?
No, then I still would be fantasising. Now I know there’s no possibility there.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does the procedure treat, if you don't mind me asking? I don't know about it.

The cells are able to transform into more specialized cells to effect repairs on various tissues such as the bone marrow and other soft tissues (I recently Googled it). As I explained, I'm pretty much a lay person in this area.

A local friend recently had both fibromyalgia and debilitating intermittent back pain corrected with stem cells. That's enough for me. I also have back problems that impair stability and ambulation, but not pain. I'm hoping to see an increase in function, and if further deterioration is in the cards for me, slowing or stopping of that - a benefit I won't know I received if indeed I do. And whatever help might occur in the organs - another potential benefit that one won't know if he received.

It looks like there may be a place for stem cells in the treatment of long Covid and post-Covid organ damage: Post Acute COVID-19 Symptom Protocol (dvcstem.com)

Last edited: