• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you tried to read your own self (poem)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
“Yes, yes You've Read Thousands Of Books, But Have You Tried To Read Your Own Self;

You Rush To Temples And Mosques, But Have You Tried To Enter The Shrine Of Your Own Heart;

Futile Are All Your Battles With The Devil; For Pride is a Battle You Have Not Won.

Says Seer, Bulleh Shah, “You Reach For A Star You Can Control, Yet Fail To Grasp The Light In Your Soul’.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
“Yes, yes You've Read Thousands Of Books, But Have You Tried To Read Your Own Self;
You Rush To Temples And Mosques, But Have You Tried To Enter The Shrine Of Your Own Heart;
Futile Are All Your Battles With The Devil; For Pride is a Battle You Have Not Won.
Says Seer, Bulleh Shah, “You Reach For A Star You Can Control, Yet Fail To Grasp The Light In Your Soul’.
... and yes, to the 'making of books there is No end' so says at Ecclesiastes 12:12.
Yes, futile battles with the devil, and pride (ego) is a battle Not yet won.
This I find can also be true with the Shrine of one's own Heart. (an imperfect heart)
For a deceitful heart is treacherous and who can know it ! - Jeremiah 17:9
It is a traitor within us. It prompts us to do something, and after we do it, then the imperfect heart gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did in the first place.
Because we are all imperfect we can't rely on our own understanding, or direct our own step.
- Proverbs 3:5; Proverbs 28:26; Jeremiah 10:23
So, then, to me, the Light in one's Soul comes from spiritual light, spiritual insight.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
... and yes, to the 'making of books there is No end' so says at Ecclesiastes 12:12.
Yes, futile battles with the devil, and pride (ego) is a battle Not yet won.
This I find can also be true with the Shrine of one's own Heart. (an imperfect heart)
For a deceitful heart is treacherous and who can know it ! - Jeremiah 17:9
It is a traitor within us. It prompts us to do something, and after we do it, then the imperfect heart gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did in the first place.
Because we are all imperfect we can't rely on our own understanding, or direct our own step.
- Proverbs 3:5; Proverbs 28:26; Jeremiah 10:23
So, then, to me, the Light in one's Soul comes from spiritual light, spiritual insight.
Yes the light from within is the spiritual light or spiritual wisdom

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes the light from within is the spiritual light or spiritual wisdom
Yes, and the 'light from within' shows up as 'spiritual light' when it is shown or displayed by right conduct or actions.
Right ways displaying the wisdom found in: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, mildness, self control.
Godly conduct coupled with wise wholesome speech so as to be able to go on ' walking in the light ' spiritual light in a dark world.