• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you stopped smoking nicotine since 2006?

If you smoked in 2006, have you stopped or now vape?

• I still smoke

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I have stopped smoking or I use electronic cigarretes.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Dear board,

I would like to know if people who smoked nicotine in 2006 have stopped smoking or switched to e-cigs in the last ten years for personal reasons. Thank you for your help. It is anonymous.

Jedster

stopped end of October 2015....83 days and loving it.
I have not smoked since. Vision. appetite and generally feel healthier.

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I stopped smoking in 2006 or very close to it. I used nicoderm. It was very difficult. I still occasionally think about smoking.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Quit in 2005, close enough?

Weaned myself down to about half a pack a day from pack and a half. Final effort I used nicoderm, which was quite new back then. Before that all we had was nicorette gum, which was quite foul tasting and I couldn't stand it in the morning.

Another thing was we were going on a family vacation, and smoking was always a pain on road trips anyways.

Poisonshady313

My uncle stopped smoking in the first week of January, 2010. He used to smoke two packs per day for around 30 years. Tried so many different ways to stop smoking. The thing that finally worked: On Thanksgiving 2009, I gave him a book called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, written by Allen Carr. He read the book, followed the instructions, and since 2010 hasn't smoked, hasn't craved, doesn't miss it even a little bit. No drugs, no substitutes, no nicotine gum or patch or vaporizer, no significant life changes. No cigarettes for the last 6 years.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What does 2006 have to do with it? What's the significance?

I quit smoking almost 2 months ago and haven't smoked since I ran out of cigs. I've switched to dipping tobacco.