• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Sinned?

roli said:
Are you prepared for the consequences,if God truly brings about his kind of justice as is mentioned in scripture

ALL Holy Books were written by men, men, men...not God.

True spirituality and truth is only achievable by your spirit interacting with the spirit of God...everything else is conditioning...IMHO.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
PeaceSeeker said:
ALL Holy Books were written by men, men, men...not God.

True spirituality and truth is only achievable by your spirit interacting with the spirit of God...everything else is conditioning...IMHO.
Yes and that is achieved by receiving Christ as Savior, that is being born again .
Anythingelse is of the flesh

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
To answer the OP:

I have broken earthly laws in the past, but I can't says I ever sinned.

The deities I honour are dualistic in nature - they recognize and in fact embody the necessity for good and evil in all things. Besides, what is a sin? Take the whole "steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving family" bit. Or to kill someone to keep them from killing you. Are these sins? Does God punish you for them?

Mine don't.

love

tri-polar optimist
I know things that I could have done better and yes I have sinned. I have fallen short of my potential. But before you judge me take a look at yourself.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
love said:
I know things that I could have done better and yes I have sinned. I have fallen short of my potential. But before you judge me take a look at yourself.
I'm sorry, I don't judge anyone ,I don't really know how you could possibly think I am adequate to judge you or anyone.
The law in our hearts will judge us ,but Jesus justifies us if we turn to him.
Why would you even think that I judge you?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
CelticRavenwolf said:
To answer the OP:

I have broken earthly laws in the past, but I can't says I ever sinned.

The deities I honour are dualistic in nature - they recognize and in fact embody the necessity for good and evil in all things. Besides, what is a sin? Take the whole "steal a loaf of bread to feed a starving family" bit. Or to kill someone to keep them from killing you. Are these sins? Does God punish you for them?

Mine don't.
You will have to take that up with God,I certainly don't assess or judge you or anyone.
If you lied .stolen,lied etc then you will have to take that up with God.

roli said:
Yes and that is achieved by receiving Christ as Savior, that is being born again .
Anythingelse is of the flesh

You have been adequately Christianized and conditioned...try using the mind that God gave you...you will be pleasantly surprised...once you can think for yourself. :sorry1:

Free4all

It's all about the blood
Guilty on all counts. :thud:
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

M

Majikthise

I just hope nobody makes up any more. I don't need another "things to do" list.:faint:

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
roli said:
You will have to take that up with God,I certainly don't assess or judge you or anyone.

I have taken that up with God, and a few Goddesses, for that matter. The best part is that they don't judge me either. They make sure that I realize the reprocussions of my actions, but mostly leave me to make my own mistakes and suffer the consequences of them. They don't consider them to be "sins", but life experience. People either learn their lesson in this life, or their crimes follow them into the next life, where they will be 'punished' there for them - hopefully taught the error of their ways so that they can continue to grow.

So thanks, but me and the Gods & Goddesses are squared away. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But, my Gods don't really judge.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Luke Wolf said:
But, my Gods don't really judge.
Exactly ,how convienient for us to create,mold fashion or invent a god in our imaginations that caters to our lifestyle or belief.
It goes something like this,I don't believe my god will judge or send anyone to hell
Or I don't believe my god would do this or that.
My god is only a god of love and does not punish
That's because they are gods we create in our minds that suit our lives,but
If God judges us by the 1st 2 commands alone we are in big trouble
Exd 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exd 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

gods could also be money,careers,material things,people etc

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Exactly ,how convienient for us to create,mold fashion or invent a god in our imaginations that caters to our lifestyle or belief.
It goes something like this,I don't believe my god will judge or send anyone to hell
That's because they are gods we create in our minds that suit our lives,
I didn't create, mold, fashion, or invent the gods I follow. You can look them up in several Occult books. They have been followed by people of ancient times. I have felt thier energy, communicated with them, and have even seen one of them.
What proof, beyond a mere book that is supposedly wrote by "men of god," can you offer that yours is real?

Exd 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
Some Christians would say that Jesus made it so the old laws, including the 10, are no longer necessary, and they are strictly laws for the Jews. Even some Jews will argue that.
And since I do not believe in your god, why should I worry about following the rules in a book I do not accept as being divinly influenced?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
roli said:
That's because they are gods we create in our minds that suit our lives,but

gods could also be money,careers,material things,people etc

Some people believe that the gods allow us to make our own mistakes and learning from them, rather than trying to teach us to never make mistakes (and to hate ourselves when we do). And to me, that is a god worth believing in.

Besides, there is no reason to believe that your idea of god is any less "man made" than someone elses. Just because one makes more sense to you than another form of god doesn't make it more real to anybody else.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Have I sinned? Yep. That is why I reap what I have sown in this life and in countless previous incarnations. I will continue to get back what I have given until I have extinguished all my karma and enter nirvana. :)

When it comes to God, I ought to introduce the idea that he has sinned, too, and has caused quite a bit of suffering for different people. He has been extraordinarily generous for many beings, but he has suffered from his jealousy, anger, and sense of vengeance. He has therefore left an enormous amount of karmic imprints that he faces now or will face eventually, and therefore deserves my compassion.

Peace,
Mystic

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
MysticSang'ha said:
When it comes to God, I ought to introduce the idea that he has sinned, too, and has caused quite a bit of suffering for different people. He has been extraordinarily generous for many beings, but he has suffered from his jealousy, anger, and sense of vengeance. He has therefore left an enormous amount of karmic imprints that he faces now or will face eventually, and therefore deserves my compassion.

Peace,
Mystic

I have never heard that before; I have always assumed that God would have the ability to be evil (as we are), but would never have sinned himself.

Have you any link to read material that explains that belief?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
michel said:
I have never heard that before; I have always assumed that God would have the ability to be evil (as we are), but would never have sinned himself.

Have you any link to read material that explains that belief?

Oh, I'm simply going by my own pitiful intepretations, Michel. ;)

The Dharma is my measuring rod, so if I read in scripture that God intends to deal with evil sentient beings himself by ensuring they go through suffering, then I see that as a "sin" by how I compare that with the transgressions against Dharmic ethics. That is, if one directly causes another to suffer, or indirectly causes another to suffer, or allows another to suffer, and also rejoices in another's suffering, that is considered unethical according to the Tibetan teaching of the Dharma.

But, I also see God suffering not only because of his anger, jealousy, and sense of vengeance, but his delusion from his existence in one of the god-realms (which still remains in the desire realms and hence samsara) and his mistaken notion that he will live forever...........which he doesn't. At least this is how I reconcile my compassion for him when I consider how to approach the concept of the Jehovah God from the perspective of the Buddha-Dharma of the reality of impermanence (Anicca).

You still like me, though, right? :D :flower:

Peace,
Mystic

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
MysticSang'ha said:
You still like me, though, right? :D :flower:

Peace,
Mystic

Do you really need to ask?; Thanks, BTW, for that - all thoughts are worth thinking on....:D :flower:

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
MysticSang'ha said:

Touché, Mystic!

And a very good point. The Old Testament christian god is rife with sin, as per his own definition.

When god gets ****** off because no one is worshipping him and they're all sinning, he kills everyone except Noah and his family. Including all the presumably innocent animals of the Earth. He kills them all because he's ****** off with the people.

God deliberately ensures that the Pharoh in Exodus (7:3-4) does not listen to Moses so that he can "rightly" attack Egypt. He plans the death of every firstborn (even the animals) of Egypt, and "he the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land."

He kills all the cattle in Egypt to smite the egyptians.

He encourages his people to engage in the senseless killing of livestock and birds, which pleases god. Of course, he doesn't name wasteful killing of animals as a sin, so I guess it doesn't count.

God punishes people by cursing them and the next 4 generations of their family. (Numbers 14:18)

The Book of Job is my favourite example! Satan makes god a bet that Job only loves God because he is wealthy and happy, and that he would reject god if all this was taken away. God takes the bet. He allows Satan to to kill Job's slaves and livestock, then his children. Then they attack Job's health.

There are so many more examples, but I'll leave it at that or I"ll be here all day! Long story short, god made up his 10 commandments for people to follow, and not only does he seem to be immune from the "thou shalt not kill" rule, but tells people to kill those who disobey the others!!!

If you want to speak of genocide and the horrors of people like Hitler and Saddam, maybe go back and read about the god that you worship, and consider how many nations he murdered because of spite and petulance, according to the christian's own "truthful" texts.