• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you read the entire Bible?

• Yes

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters

Abram

Abraham
Just curious how many people here have read the entire Bible. I mean the whole thing. It feels like I've read it a 100 times.
But I've been working my way through for about a year now. I'm going strait through, Genesis-Revelation. I'm in Ecclesiastes right now. I've been all over the Bible and read many other books but the end of the Bible seems far away...

Aqualung

Tasty
I voted yes because I'm pretty sure that's the right answer. A while back my family started reading the Bible together everyday after dinner, and we jumped around a whole lot. I think we read all but 2 books, and I'm pretty sure I've read those two books on my own. (Not that any of it stuck though... :))

I'm reading through it again, now. I stopped for a while so I could get through the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, but now I started again. I'm reading it in Spanish and I'm in 2 Reyes. (2 Kings for those non spanish speakers out there.)

fromthe heart

Abram said:
Just curious how many people here have read the entire Bible. I mean the whole thing. It feels like I've read it a 100 times.
But I've been working my way through for about a year now. I'm going strait through, Genesis-Revelation. I'm in Ecclesiastes right now. I've been all over the Bible and read many other books but the end of the Bible seems far away...
I've read it the whole way through and it wasn't until I started reading it like I was doing a book report that I learned SO MUCH!!! I even have been making notes that refer to another part of scripture that says the same things in essence that I really took on new meaning for the words that are in there. I decided to start in the New Testament doing this and I'm up to Hebrews. I began this 3 months ago....I'm really learning to understand it on a whole new level. I began with the New Testament because then when I do the Old Testament I know some of it's gonna fall into place like never before as far as what is prophetic about a Saviour to come.

I first read it from Genesis on and it actually seemed to contridict in some ways but now that I'm doing it this way it's very enlightened.:jam:

jonny

I'm working on it, but I'm a very slow reader so it should be a while. I had planned to finish all four standard works this year. My bookmark is in Numbers 19. Let's see 224 pages/year. 2466 pages. I should be done around 2016. :)

Since the LDS church rotates Sunday School classes through each book of scripture (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants) each year and I've taken one year of seminary for each book also, I've probably read most of it. In seminary we go through each book from beginning to end. I've studied each of them for a year at least four or five times in this manner.

Master Vigil

I would say from all of my years in catholic school, and study for the priesthood, I've read it about 20 times completely. Do I remember it all? No. But I suppose I don't need to. The meaning is not in the words, but the emotions after the words are read.

Smoke

Done here.
Some parts more than others. Genesis and the Psalter hundreds of times; 4 Macabees once, and just trying to get it over with. I have a goal to read a Gospel a day. I actually do it maybe once a week.

Bangbang

michel said:
No. when I got to the ...begat...who begat...I lost the plot.:D
:biglaugh: That is the tough part to get through.... but its nodifferent than any other novel that has to build up the characters and set the scene before gettin to the good stuff. I have read it many times and always pick up something I missed each time. I have been reading it again lately along withmy daughter. This is her first time. Its been a blast!:woohoo:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
cardero said:
Yes, but I didn't care for the ending.
Really ? I thought the ending was the best part .

As for reading it , yea , pretty much . Though I have never read it from begining to end , I have covered the works I believe .

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I've read the OT a couple times and the NT quite a few times, but haven't read a verse all year! hehe. :D

ChrisP

Veteran Member
jgallandt said:
I've read the OT a couple times and the NT quite a few times, but haven't read a verse all year! hehe. :D
Too busy with the Rede? I can understand that, it's quite a poetic and simple document with many ways to read it.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
ChrisP said:
Too busy with the Rede? I can understand that, it's quite a poetic and simple document with many ways to read it.
It was 49 minutes into the new year when I posted that. Hence, hadn't read it all year? :D

Fluffy

A fool
Yup but I skimmed bits where I was literally struggling to keep my eyes open. I have to admit that Revelations was one of the most interesting parts :).