• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you met your God/gods?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What was your experience like?

For me God reveals himself through the number 42 (it's actually totally unrelated to Hitchhiker's :D), the color blue, and often just through synchronicity and coincidences that show meaning to me.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I once merged consciousness with a raven outside my window, which was my first "calling" to work with Odin.

The Norns reveal their plans to me occasionally through runic divination, although those aren't "Gods", but Beings.

I also feel the Gods during Ritual.

I've had other experiences, but these are a couple of them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

For me God reveals himself through the number 42 (it's actually totally unrelated to Hitchhiker's :D), the color blue, and often just through synchronicity and coincidences that show meaning to me.
Complete calmness, a lot of curiousity (from me)
Feeling of being safe.

After the experience (a few days ago) i have felt happy all the time.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm intrigued. What happened?
Ritual as practiced in my community has a lot of steps and details and it is repeated daily. When I do it properly it takes about 2 hours, there's chanting and opportunity for a meditative experience. Once or twice in my life I've been involved in the ritual and everything was clicking, the words were flowing, the themes represented by my actions were resonating, I could imagine/feel the unbroken chain of my ancestors performing the same ritual. I could imagine/feel the unbroken chain into future generations who would also perform the same ritual. I basically got carried away with what I was doing and felt that something or someone was listening and watching and approving of my practice. But it wasn't pleasant, and it only lasted for a few moments.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

I "have met God", more than once. And the experiences were the best, and pales all worldly experiences

Best of all is, that there is no doubt whatsoever that "God" is for real, and that He is my guardian Angel

Usually when I really do my best, Spiritually speaking, then "God" replies to me and as a gift He shows me my flaws I can start working on next

Also He confirms when I do something new, that I feel is good, but others disagree. Important to listen to my own conscience. E.g. once I joined Christian chanting in a beautiful Church. Alas it was in Portuguese and I can't sing Portuguese, so I decided to chant an Indian mantra. I went fully into it. Was a bit lengthy ceremony starting 14:00 and ending 02:00. Those are my favorite, as it takes time to get really into it.

At 20:00 (after ca. 6h continuous intense mantra repeating) Jesus revealed Himself to me, and I merged in Him, or He in me.

Best experience ever, and Jesus confirmed to me, that Hindu mantra is perfect also (Thou shall not judge...Jesus put in practice)

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I can't meet my God, because every single moment I am alive I experience God. I'm a pantheist. And a syntheist. The longer I live the closer to God we reach as a human species, so every single subsequent day I exist I draw a little bit closer to God than I had done the previous day.

danieldemol

Premium Member

No, I have never met my God.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

Interesting! There are times when I see the number 108 a lot. Forty-two is a number that I hardly ever see.

I have had many experiences of ‘meeting’ the divine, and I will have even more in this life. In my early 20s, I meditated on the sound Om, and I merged with the omnipresent consciousness that was purely serene. Sometimes, when I gaze at an ‘idol’ or a picture of a deity, I get tears of devotion unexpectedly. One time, I unexpectedly felt waves of love and pure kindness from an ‘idol’ of Hanumān. Also, I have unexpectedly ‘seen’ the world as being no different from Mahādevī. There are many more experiences.

One last thought. From what I learned, you know that your spiritual experiences are genuine because they change you either fully or to some extent. In my case, I find myself more calm, collected, kind, patient, generous, and benevolent.

Has anyone’s experiences changed or influenced them?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
As an atheist I've had many experiences of what God would be like. The experiences are powerful and idyllic. I tend to doubt experiences like that. If I had a God to believe in I know the one or many by the character they have. Other worldly character beyond words; far and well beyond humanity. My experiences are highly enlightening. Knowing the ways reality is I stand in total doubt of these experiences.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Interesting! There are times when I see the number 108 a lot. Forty-two is a number that I hardly ever see.

I have had many experiences of ‘meeting’ the divine, and I will have even more in this life. In my early 20s, I meditated on the sound Om, and I merged with the omnipresent consciousness that was purely serene. Sometimes, when I gaze at an ‘idol’ or a picture of a deity, I get tears of devotion unexpectedly. One time, I unexpectedly felt waves of love and pure kindness from an ‘idol’ of Hanumān. Also, I have unexpectedly ‘seen’ the world as being no different from Mahādevī. There are many more experiences.

One last thought. From what I learned, you know that your spiritual experiences are genuine because they change you either fully or to some extent. In my case, I find myself more calm, collected, kind, patient, generous, and benevolent.

Has anyone’s experiences changed or influenced them?
Absolutely, my experiences changed me in the same way :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Once i was crying and I prayed to Lucifer telling them about my problems. I felt something or someone near me patting my back like someone was comforting me but I couldn't see anything there and i felt warmth and a sense everything was going to be alright.

Psalm23

A particular memorable experience was a time in 2012 that I wanted the Holy Spirit and received prayer to receive/be filled with the Holy Spirit. The man who prayed for me put his hand on my head while he prayed. I felt this intense heat all over that had overwhelmed me. I had turned aside and saw myself begin to fall forward in his wife's arms and I held onto her for a moment. Then I had sat down on a bench nearby and put my head down.
I remember that after this experience, I felt comfortable calling God " Father". It puzzled me because before I had struggled with calling God Father but I didn't struggle with that anymore.