• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you met the God?

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Not sad at all. The dead don't have the possibility of fulfilling the commandments.

Kinda sad for me, I enjoyed being Home again up there, and meeting Granddad.

and the return as a zombi ( massive brain injury) was somewhat disconcerting,
until i was able to re-educate myself and recover function ...

However even that had value, as i was able through His hand, to establish a
head injury society, lobby Govt. for disability Act, and Rehab facilities.
and regain gainful employment .. where i improve life support equipment ..

Theunis

Both the Old and the New Testament say that God left this earth but that he left behind the Comforter (the Holy Spirit) to comfort and guide those in need.
No one can thus claim that in our time he has met God.

The Comforter is so highly valued that you may blaspheme God and be forgiven but to blaspheme against the Comforter is the only unforgivable transgression.

Theunis

Considering you still had work to do even though it made you sad, the work you have since done remains a blessing and a saving of others.

Yes Eliab tis I the most hated person by the last few atheists on the About.com, Atheist Forum, before it was closed down, for using the reverse Golden Rule to do to them what they desired. I still embrace the Universe and still extend the original American inhabitants blessing to all - "Walk in Beauty"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am watching that so many people talk about God with strong enough arguments.

I wonder if anyone has really succeeded in meeting Him.

Have you ever been in connection with the God?

Nice question. If Jesus is actually god, yes I have. I met him through the Eucharist. I've had a connection with him (his father) through the Church. As for a personal connection with god as an entity or Jesus as a perfect person of peace, I have not. I met a human who sacrificed himself for his god for our sins. The type of sacrifice and his father's teachings did not sit right. So, it was more like loosing a friend on good terms rather than rejecting a stranger on bad terms.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

In Advaita, God is the inner motivator in all of us. So, meeting God is really a case of Realization of that fact by calming the ego-layers of consciousness. I have not been there yet, but I believe many more advanced souls have.

Jiddanand

Both the Old and the New Testament say that God left this earth but that he left behind the Comforter (the Holy Spirit) to comfort and guide those in need.
No one can thus claim that in our time he has met God.

The Comforter is so highly valued that you may blaspheme God and be forgiven but to blaspheme against the Comforter is the only unforgivable transgression.
I appreciate your comments. Certainly God is not here. If God been here then the grief should not be here.
However God is being seen around here and there. So maybe some guys have met him. [emoji4]

Akivah

The whole tone of your postings (e.g. you have the only true religion and asking if anyone has met god) sounds like you believe that everyone else is faking their religion and belief.

Jiddanand

In Advaita, God is the inner motivator in all of us. So, meeting God is really a case of Realization of that fact by calming the ego-layers of consciousness. I have not been there yet, but I believe many more advanced souls have.
There are deities around who does the motivation work as well as the counterparts.
Deities also don't know who is God because they know they are gods (Advaita).

Jiddanand

The whole tone of your postings (e.g. you have the only true religion and asking if anyone has met god) sounds like you believe that everyone else is faking their religion and belief.
I don't mean to hurt your feelings. I am just trying to tell you truth in free.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Funny you should ask, Jiddanand. I once had this dream that a giant blue figure surrounded by an aura of golden light appeared in my room at night. At first, I could not see who the figure was because his face was blurred, but then his face grew clearer and clearer. In those moments, I had recognized the blue figure. It was Lord Krishna. He then recite to me various verses from the Gita (whether they were in English or Sanskrit, I can't remember). After he had finished, he smiled at me and vanished.

Theunis

I appreciate your comments. Certainly God is not here. If God been here then the grief should not be here.
However God is being seen around here and there. So maybe some guys have met him. [emoji4]

Perhaps it is like the case of Elvis Presley; many Americans still see him around.
But jokes aside each religion sees their own avatars which are manifestations of their God such as Ishwara in the Hindu way of life which says Brahma/Ishwara is ALL from which all that is stems and it does not say he left earth.