• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you had a psychic reading and did it come true?

charlie sc

From a few threads, I've noticed some people believe in psi. So, I was curious if anyone has ever been to a professional psychic and been read? If so, what was the prediction/knowledge claim the psychic gave you and did it come true?

I've been once to some spiritual centre, or whatnot, with my ex. My ex was a Wiccan, so she liked that sort of thing. The psychic we saw told a whole lot of hogwash that never came true, of course. Like, we'd have children, lol. I went along just for the entertainment value. We also saw one of those cold-readers with a bunch of people in a room. You know, continuously trying to find names. Anyway, perhaps other people have had success, believe in it, and received a prediction that was specific and undisclosed enough to merit belief?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes i been to a few psychic people and they told 99% the same but one of them saw more than the others. But when this is said, I also know there are 98% fake psychics out there who are not truly reading you in a psychic way they only ask the right questions, or they are super wage when they answer/ telling what they see.

I was interested in the field when i was younger, so I did learn to read with Tarot cards, Lenormand card. Crystal ball never worked for me. But what I did notice was that the intuition did rise to a very high level, but still not directly a psychic ability :)

Do i belive in this things today? I would say, i think there is people who do have real psychic powers, but very few of them will ever be known publicly, those who earn money off of it is mostly not real, (in my view)

charlie sc

Do i belive in this things today? I would say, i think there is people who do have real psychic powers
Then, how do you know there are real ones? If you know most are fakes, how would anyone differentiate between the fakes and the real ones?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Then, how do you know there are real ones? If you know most are fakes, how would anyone differentiate between the fakes and the real ones?
The fake once can be debunked, that is not so easy with the real once, but those with real powers also know they should not use them to impress people or read their future, that is not what those powers are for :) Psychic powers (the real once) is a byproduct of cultivating mind and body and are only given to those who truly rising in morals and ethics and who empty their mind of evil thoughts. Greedy people who want power for making money does not get the true powers.
(in my understanding)

charlie sc

The cultivation path I been on for the last 20 years has given me a glimpse into that realm of abilities. So maybe i can say i understand what is needed to gain abilities
Ah ok. Our of curiosity, have you experienced any kind of psi powers or seen any?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ah ok. Our of curiosity, have you experienced any kind of psi powers or seen any?
I have seen monks who have psychic power similar to reading minds, it means they could talk my exact thoughts , but i have not experienced to have ability my self, except for the higher intuition (and i dont count that as a psychic power)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Not a psychic reading but Palm reading, and the reader told my father that my character is already bad. I was 11 year old at that time. So sure, children know what they know about sex at that age.

joe1776

From a few threads, I've noticed some people believe in psi. So, I was curious if anyone has ever been to a professional psychic and been read? If so, what was the prediction/knowledge claim the psychic gave you and did it come true?

I've been once to some spiritual centre, or whatnot, with my ex. My ex was a Wiccan, so she liked that sort of thing. The psychic we saw told a whole lot of hogwash that never came true, of course. Like, we'd have children, lol. I went along just for the entertainment value. We also saw one of those cold-readers with a bunch of people in a room. You know, continuously trying to find names. Anyway, perhaps other people have had success, believe in it, and received a prediction that was specific and undisclosed enough to merit belief?
Charlie, have you noticed that criminals and hoaxers are inspired by real events? For example, bomb threat hoaxes didn't begin until the actual bombing of buildings hit the news; and Ponzi schemes didn't flourish until the original Ponzi story was published.

So, for me, the fact that most psychics are hoaxers doesn't lead to the deduction that the ability doesn't exist. However, if they are profiting from their "ability" they're almost certainly phonies.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
From a few threads, I've noticed some people believe in psi.

I never felt 'pressured' to believe. :D

But I digress. I went to a tarot reader at a once, but got nothing out of it.

However, as one that has a couple of decks and reads tarot, it has been my experience that readings (for oneself) can bring forth items that, for whatever reason, have become repressed in one's mind and help one to gain insights into situations or circumstances.

I don't really see anything 'psychic' about divination. For me, it's more psychological than anything.

charlie sc

Charlie, have you noticed that criminals and hoaxers are inspired by real events? For example, bomb threat hoaxes didn't begin until the actual bombing of buildings hit the news; and Ponzi schemes didn't flourish until the original Ponzi story was published.
It seems like you’re saying here: bombs exist, therefore, just because there’s a fake does not mean bombs now don’t exist. The problem here, for psi, is that there is no substantial evidence showing psi exist. Bombs don’t have this problem, because it’s pretty much fact that bombs exist. Analogy not so good. Anyway...

So, for me, the fact that most psychics are hoaxers doesn't lead to the deduction that the ability doesn't exist. However, if they are profiting from their "ability" they're almost certainly phonies.
Sure, I'm not saying psi does not exist. This is why, out of curiosity, the OP was asking if anyone had a psi experience. I consider anecdotal experience as a type of evidence.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I practice divination myself, so I have no need to go to others for it. But it also doesn't have much to do with "psi" or being "psychic" or any of that. Divination is simply a way of gathering information through more esoteric means. That could be information about any period of time, and its greatest use is as a tool for deep thinking and reflection. For that purpose, it "comes true" in the sense it absolutely works.

charlie sc

I never felt 'pressured' to believe. :D

But I digress. I went to a tarot reader at a once, but got nothing out of it.

However, as one that has a couple of decks and reads tarot, it has been my experience that readings (for oneself) can bring forth items that, for whatever reason, have become repressed in one's mind and help one to gain insights into situations or circumstances.

I don't really see anything 'psychic' about divination. For me, it's more psychological than anything.
Yeah, they don't really say anything specific or pessimistic either :p

charlie sc

I practice divination myself, so I have no need to go to others for it. But it also doesn't have much to do with "psi" or being "psychic" or any of that. Divination is simply a way of gathering information through more esoteric means. That could be information about any period of time, and its greatest use is as a tool for deep thinking and reflection. For that purpose, it "comes true" in the sense it absolutely works.
If that's the case, is divination the same as meditation?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If that's the case, is divination the same as meditation?

I know this wasn't directed toward me, but as one that practices both, they have different purposes, at least for me.

Putting it simply, the purpose for divination is to gain insights into what affects one's day-to-day life, while the purpose of meditation (I practice jnana yoga) is to gain understanding into one's existence...one's being, or when one gains such an understanding, to simply be.

charlie sc

I know this wasn't directed toward me, but as one that practices both, they have different purposes, at least for me.

Putting it simply, the purpose for divination is to gain insights into what affects one's day-to-day life, while the purpose of meditation (I practice jnana yoga) is to gain understanding into one's existence...one's being, or when one gains such an understanding, to simply be.
Indeed, but Quintessence said what he gets from divination and it seems awfully similar to meditation; he succeeds in it by, " deep thinking and reflection."