• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you experienced miraculous healing?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you ever had a miraculous healing that had no scientific or medical explanation? I haven't really, but did go from being a sociopath to being a deeply compassionate person. That is by far not the norm as a general rule.

I had a foster father who claimed he had cancerous tumors just disappear, and that was what made him believe in God.

If there were more scientific and medical miracles, there would be fewer atheists.

Last edited by a moderator:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In a way, with my quitting smoking (*I am being serious*) but I cannot share a very important detail about what led me to even think of quitting due to the RF rulebook. (The mods are discussing the pertinent point now.)

Miraculous? It may as well have been because it simply was not something I was seeking to do. Like most important big things in life, I just sort of tripped over it and manage to break my fall before making a total mess out of things. Eventually even my keen confirmation bias could not ignore........

This is good. I'm not exactly sure how many days it is now since I had my last smoke. I think this is day 6 ... it's a miracle to me, that much is for sure!

If someone told me 2 weeks ago, I was going to be celebrating 6 days of being smoke free in 10 days I would have assumed they were insane.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Actually it was explainable but it was miraculous, I went for several weeks with a sore back and I couldn't get it to stop hurting no matter what I did and about gave up and went to the chiropractor. I couldn't get in for a couple of days so I decided drinking large quantities of alcohol might at least get me to the point of numbness where I could sleep through the night. I drank far more than I usually did and felt a little queasy so I staggered into the bathroom and violently vomited into the toilet numerous times-so much so that my eyes were watering, it was a glorious regurgitation! I felt my back pop as I was doing this but I didn't pay much attention since I was busy puking, after I stood and straightened up the pain in my back was gone. The next day I felt as spry as a twenty year old and danced and laughed in the sun.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Nobody has ever had a healing that defied the laws of physics, ( i.e.- spontaneously regrown a missing limb ) but some have defied the odds by recovering from illness. ( i.e.- remission from cancer )

Somebody's got to bet the odds, so then this is hardly miraculous. Right?

I have heard of cases of miracolous healings, but also of cases where there has been no miracles (the majority). I hardly know what to think when it comes to this. I do believe in miracles and that there's something out there that is beyond our limited human understanding. And how those 'miracles' happening, I don't know, but I'm sure they exist. However, isn't a miracolous healing like winning the lottery? Highly unlikely when it comes to illnesses or dieases.

GoodbyeDave

Sometimes I suffer from gout. Sometimes I suffer from foot cramps in the night. Once I got both together and learned that one should not forcibly move a gouty joint — the pain is indescribable! I called on Asklepios and the pain just went, instantly; even the ache of the gout was gone, although I still had a hot, rigid, swollen toe. So I said thank you and went back to sleep. If that's not a miracle for you, it is for me.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever had a miraculous healing that had no scientific or medical explanation? I haven't really, but did go from being a sociopath to being a deeply compassionate person. That is by far not the norm as a general rule.

I had a foster father who claimed he had cancerous tumors just disappear, and that was what made him believe in God.

If there were more scientific and medical miracles, there would be fewer atheists.

Nope.