1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever met a girl that you really liked, you were so sure she was the one and messed it up?

Discussion in 'The Social World' started by The Sum of Awe, Sep 22, 2022.

1. The Sum of Awe

The Sum of Awe Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

Ratings:
    +1,857
    Religion:
    This is all actually happening. What the heck???
    I met this super amazing girl, honestly the only one I've ever wanted to get to know this badly. Everything about her was perfect - 9/10 personality, 10/10 attractiveness, and she was just super nice!!!! And she even flirt-teased with me some times and I didn't reciprocate because of my shyness. I had opportunities to subtly flirt with her as well but I chose not to in that moment.

I finally just blew it by the way that I told her and now we no longer talk at all. Granted it's only been a couple of weeks, maybe things will look up.

Just been quite the heartache, man. But I'm keeping my chin up.

Anyone been through anything like this?

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Quagmire

Quagmire Imaginary talking monkey
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +22,970
    Religion:
    None
    "Have you ever met a girl that you really liked, you were so sure she was the one and messed it up?"

Oh yeah. Every time.:thumbsup:

Thank God.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. RestlessSoul

RestlessSoul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,471
    Religion:
    Agnostic Lapsed Catholic
    Maybe you haven’t blown it. You might have freaked her out a bit if you declared undying love, but if that’s the case, at least you’ve put your cards on the table, so now the ball is in her court.

I was so cripplingy shy with women when I was young, I think I drove them away by appearing disinterested those times when I was anything but. The good news is, some women like shy guys.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Exaltist Ethan

Exaltist Ethan From Omniverse to Omnitheism

Ratings:
    +470
    Religion:
    Exaltism / Omnism
    I had an obsession with a girl. The obsession was so strong in fact that other girls thought I was flirting with them, given the fact that every time I changed my MySpace profile I did so because of her, but never indicated who the profile was for. In fact, there were girls at my high school that most people would probably say is more attractive than this girl that wanted to be with me, but I was so focused on this one girl that when I had the opportunity to meet her friend I screwed it up by doing something stupid...

And it was a really silly thing too actually, I saw a movie at the theater (Spider-Man 3) and didn't tell her friend that I had already saw it, so I saw it with her the week after and told her that I had already saw it the week before it that pissed her off. She didn't want me to meet the girl I was obsessed with after that happened. I still have an obsession about this girl, thinking about her on a near-daily basis. She's probably all but forgotten about me at this point.

I might have other crushes (girls who look like the girl I'm obsessed with) but that girl in particular was the one who got away from me. And now it's too late to do anything about it. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Heyo

Heyo Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,759
    Religion:
    none
    Never in that way but similar. My first love (which cured me from that delusion for all time) was a girl who was ugly by most standards but had a brain to admire. (I'm not a total sapiophile but I find intelligence very attractive.) Alas, she wasn't into me.
    The other was at least fairly smart and an absolute beauty. Could have been a top model, so, out of my league, as I thought. She flirted with me - which I didn't recognize as such. I only learned later through a mutual friend. Yeah, I blew that one.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. The Sum of Awe

The Sum of Awe Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

Ratings:
    +1,857
    Religion:
    This is all actually happening. What the heck???
    I think that's the worst part about it :p Freaking sucks to have missed opportunities for what could've led to something great!

• Like Like x 1
  7. It Aint Necessarily So

It Aint Necessarily So Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10,591
    Religion:
    None
    Sorry to read that, but it is an old tale. You're probably too young to know this Frank and Nancy Sinatra song (Frank and Nancy really don't harmonize well in the original version of this song). This guy finally gets his chance and then "blows it all." This version has better vocals than the original:

I know I stand in line
    Until you think you have the time
    To spend an evening with me
    And if we go some place to dance
    I know that there's a chance
    You won't be leaving with me
    Then afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
    And have a drink or two
    And then I go and spoil it all
    By saying somethin' stupid like, "I love you"

#7 It Aint Necessarily So, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Yerda

Yerda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,534
    Religion:
    Nothing in particular
    Not that particular situation, but we're all had the heartache at some point. I hope it works out. And if not the next time will be better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. It Aint Necessarily So

It Aint Necessarily So Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10,591
    Religion:
    None
    Here's another wonderful song for when you feel like you do now. Look at those lyrics:

Eric Clapton - Bell Bottom Blues (Live Video) | Warner Vault - YouTube

Bell bottom blues, you made me cry
    I don't want to lose this feeling
    And if I could choose a place to die
    It would be in your arms
    Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
    Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
    I'd gladly do it because
    I don't want to fade away
    Give me one more day, please
    I don't want to fade away
    In your heart I want to stay

10. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20,858
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    When I was a kid, I used to think 'she was the one'. But somewhere along the way I realised I that idea was only 50% of any truth to it. Obviously she had to have some sort of similar opinion about me. Fortunately I found one of those.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16,659
    Religion:
    None.
    Have I ever met a girl I thought was the one and it went south? No, absolutely no!

But you didn't ask if I'd ever met a boy...

Please don't ask, tough memories. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +20,638
    Religion:
    disciple of Gandhi, Jesus, & the Dalai Lama
    Yep.

Back in 1964 when I was a sophomore at WMU, I met this beautiful Italian Catholic young woman and madly fell in love with her after a short while. But that was the problem, namely too much in love as I considered her to be so saintly and treated her as such, thus not as a lover. She dropped me after 5 months and I was devastated. But it forced me to make adjustments, and I did that by playing the field and not treating any woman as if they're saints.

Two years later, a quirk of fate brought us together, and we both fell in love really quickly, but I had another love and ended up going with her.

Moral of the story: make the necessary changes and move on.

• Like Like x 1