• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever found a single bug in Islam?

ranvirk

Both are True. The Sun has a 'flowing movement' in its 'fixed place', while it is orbiting. Each represents a different type of movement. One is representing the fixity of sun relative to the moon and earth (fixed place), and the other one is representing ALL (the moon, sun, and earth..) are moving in an orbit.

Also it is noteworthy, the Quran does not describe the Moon or earth as having a 'fixed place'! and 'flowing' at the same time!!. In another words, it is clear the Author describes the movement of the Sun in a different way than other planets.

Ur username is a bit ironic for ur beliefs....
What u r doing is a classic example of twisting words to prove Islam is true or not false...

Hang on..what does Quran say about human evolution. Oh wait, oh wait doesn't it talk about Adam and even STORY...:angel2:

Farrukh

“It is He Who created The Night and the Day, And the
sun and the moon: All (the celestial bodies) Swim along, each in its
Rounded course.” [Al-Qur’aan 21:33]

The Arabic word used in the above verse is yasbahûn . The word yasbahûn is derived from the word sabaha. It carries with it the idea of motion that comes from any moving body. If you use the word for a man on the ground, it would not mean that he is rolling but would mean he is walking or running. If you
use the word for a man in water it would not mean that he is floating but would mean that he is swimming. Similarly, if you use the word yasbah for a celestial body such as the sun it would not mean that it is only flying through space but would mean that it is also rotating as it goes through space. Most of the school textbooks have incorporated the fact that the sun rotates about its axis. The rotation of the sun about its own axis can be proved with the help of an equipment that projects the image of the sun on the table top so that one can examine the image of the sun without being blinded. It is noticed that the sun has spots which complete a circular motion once every 25 days i.e. the sun takes approximately 25 daysto rotate around its axis.
In fact, the sun travels through space at roughly 150 miles per second, and takes about 200 million years to complete one revolution around the center of our Milky Way Galaxy.
“It is not permitted To the Sun to catch up The Moon, nor can The Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along In (its own) orbit (According to Law).”[Al-Qur’aan 36:40]
This verse mentions an essential fact discovered by modern astronomy, i.e. the existence of the individual orbits of the Sun and the Moon, and their
journey through space with their own motion. The ‘fixed place’ towards, which the sun travels, carrying with it the solar system, has been located exactly by modern astronomy. It has been given a name, the Solar Apex. The solar system is indeed moving in space towards a point situated in the constellation of Hercules (alpha Layer) whose exact location is firmly established. The moon rotates around its axis in the same duration that it takes to revolve around the earth. It takes approximately 29½ days to complete one rotation. One cannot help but be amazed at the scientific accuracy of the Qur’aanic verses.

Last edited:

Farrukh

Should we not ponder over the question: “What was the source of
knowledge contained in the Qur’aan?”

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Should we not ponder over the question: “What was the source of
knowledge contained in the Qur’aan?”

No need to ponder.
For those interested in truth and fact, there is nothing in the Koran that was not already known before it was "written".

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The stupid thing i think is to say it was known before it was written,which means it was a known facts and then to say it was forer effects.

I don't know what to say,:areyoucra

Mohammed put already known facts into the Koran.

You are now using the Forer Effect to make the Koran say stuffs it flat out does not say.

Where is the difficult part?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I will only go through debate regarding parts that are related to the OP, and for the rest I may place only some links.

"It was not until the 16th century that a fully predictive mathematical model of a heliocentric system was presented, by the Renaissance mathematician, astronomer, and Catholic cleric Nicolaus Copernicus of Poland, leading to the Copernican Revolution"

Heliocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You can't equate the claim that every mathematician in the world believed the earth was the center of the universe and a clam about a fully predictable model of anything. You are trying to salvage a mistake by qualifications. You and I know very well that is not what his claims stated. He strongly and emphatically stated that all professionals believed in an earth centered universe. It is also obvious (at least by the text YOU supplied) he was claiming that to be true from the oldest of times until the 16th century. We also both know that is not true. In fact the person even says who invented it and when. It was over a thousand years before the date you give above. Mathematicians, philosophers, astrologers, etc... believed in a sun centered universe during the entire period you mention. The statement he made was not about arbitrary models you equated with it, but about belief in an idea. Again you are desperately trying to salvage a mistake by inventing arbitrary criteria not mentioned in the statements themselves. That is exactly what happens every time a person is credited with perfection. Christian recognized that fact from our inception. That is why for your sake you did not hold that position on that text. Men will always fail us.

I
am not aware Muhammad made any mistakes.
I am sure you do not "officially". Baha'i as I have stated emphatically have the ability to simply interpret things in any way required to meet a demand. You demand he not make mistakes and will do anything to the Quran and history in order to make that occur. The man decapitated his way across the ANE, he gave the exact description given in the bible for demon possession for his initial revelations, and he himself thought he was possessed, he constantly got biblical history wrong and the mistakes he made are easily traceable to his uncles imperfect biblical knowledge, he killed for revenge, he killed to stop poets from writing unflattering things about him, he got math, science, and biology wrong. He plagiarized gnostic, apocryphal, pagan, and mythological texts that pre-existed Islam. He tortured, killed captives of no threat to him even when he admitted he had no divine instructions to do so. I can go on indefinitely. My advice test, test, and test again before you place perfection in the hands of a human. Even our greatest prophets are admitted to be exactly what they were, faulty men empowered by God, not perfect. Baha'i assumes a burden that it can't meet (even by re-writing other religions texts).

The Sun has a movement around its axes, and I am thinking that is what the movement in a fix place refers to. Movement in a 'fix' place as opposed to 'orbiting' like the earth or the moon.
Actually the sun does orbit something. I can't recall what. Almost all things orbit something even if it's a black whole like our entire galaxy does. The point is the sun is doing anything but something in a fixed place. The word fixed dooms almost anything you can say about the sun in the cradle. It isn't fixed.

What we should consider is, the fact that 'after Revelation of Muhammad', the Arab civilization rose in sciences.
That is an arbitrary and simplistic standard. Christianity rose in the sciences long after it's appointed time according to your arbitrary criteria. Islam seems to oscillate and is still making halting progress. However the theological would seem a far more rational candidate for what you stated. Islam is not only growing but the rate is accelerating. Christianity adds enough new converts in a year to populate Utah. There exists no evidence, in fact all evidence contradicts unless you haul out an arbitrary micro-scope, for what you stated. It takes a mighty thick and wickedly deceptive lens to find any truth in the text you quoted (or at least the part you did). I truly hate to see it. Your devotion is worthy of a better cause.

It has nothing to do with the number of Muslims or Christians growing.
It should. If a religion has a marked relevance that means anything then I would expect it to decline after that point. The statement is so ambiguous that I can't say exactly what he meant (neither can you). However the most obvious meaning of what he meant disagrees with reality. Even assigning his words an arbitrary scientific reference does not equate to reality. According to your preferred interpretation Newton, Galileo, and a thousand other Christians who were sciences greats should never have done as they did. Not even mangling your own people's texts will help here.

The concept is how those teachings can transform a people to become more civilized both in sciences and in human virtues. That is meant by fruits of a Tree. When a religion becomes merely based on imitations, dogmas and fanaticism, and only outward acts, and when so many sects and denominations are made and each interprets the Scriptures according to their own imagination, then that religion looses its true influence in a positive way that originally was intended. Of course that is precisely one of the main reasons that when the set time of a religion is reached, God reveals the Truth again. It is like the Process of Spring time that brings life again and again every year. It is like when the Death of Winter Comes, then Spring follows it. It is like the Night that is followed by the Day. it is Like the Sun that appears in every Morning to resurrect the Dead in Sin.
Is the Baha'i middle east or the Christian west todays civilized cultures? It is always a Christian nation not a Baha'i that is first on the scene to help with natural disasters. It is the Christian US that must mediate all tyrannical lunatics not Baha'i. It is our science and technology that drives the world. Even Israel (which by your interpretation should be technological morons by now) outstrips the entire middle east in most areas of advancement. Why didn't their time end?

I get your analogy, I just find reality the exact opposite.

According to even your interpretations:

1. Israel should have long past into irrelevance. Yet it has seen a huge upsurge in science, politics, economy, power, military might, you name it.
2. Christianity should have also passed into irrelevance yet it is still growing in theology, science, economy, might, you name it.
3. Islam should be the next to have passed into oblivion. It has self retarded it's science and economy but it's theology realm is still a thousand times what Baha'i can boast and not only is growing but growing at an increased rate.
4. Baha'i should be at the for front of technology and theology but is instead a negligible contribution to both.

Reality and that texts claims are not congruent and even your interpretation is hopelessly betrayed by history and current reality.

ranvirk

And which is a known facts.:facepalm:

There is no point in arguing with people who have already decided in advance what is true and for Muslims it's Quran ...

They are now claiming the fact that Quran supports evolution which is not the case. , but hey fear god will quote a new translation and prove him point.. I mean Adam and Eve seriously?

Btw, for all , please have a look at this video and it will prove my point:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msOlpj886H4

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

You can't equate the claim that every mathematician in the world believed the earth was the center of the universe and a clam about a fully predictable model of anything. You are trying to salvage a mistake by qualifications. You and I know very well that is not what his claims stated. He strongly and emphatically stated that all professionals believed in an earth centered universe. It is also obvious (at least by the text YOU supplied) he was claiming that to be true from the oldest of times until the 16th century. We also both know that is not true. In fact the person even says who invented it and when. It was over a thousand years before the date you give above. Mathematicians, philosophers, astrologers, etc... believed in a sun centered universe during the entire period you mention. The statement he made was not about arbitrary models you equated with it, but about belief in an idea. Again you are desperately trying to salvage a mistake by inventing arbitrary criteria not mentioned in the statements themselves. That is exactly what happens every time a person is credited with perfection. Christian recognized that fact from our inception. That is why for your sake you did not hold that position on that text. Men will always fail us.

I I am sure you do not "officially". Baha'i as I have stated emphatically have the ability to simply interpret things in any way required to meet a demand. You demand he not make mistakes and will do anything to the Quran and history in order to make that occur. The man decapitated his way across the ANE, he gave the exact description given in the bible for demon possession for his initial revelations, and he himself thought he was possessed, he constantly got biblical history wrong and the mistakes he made are easily traceable to his uncles imperfect biblical knowledge, he killed for revenge, he killed to stop poets from writing unflattering things about him, he got math, science, and biology wrong. He plagiarized gnostic, apocryphal, pagan, and mythological texts that pre-existed Islam. He tortured, killed captives of no threat to him even when he admitted he had no divine instructions to do so. I can go on indefinitely. My advice test, test, and test again before you place perfection in the hands of a human. Even our greatest prophets are admitted to be exactly what they were, faulty men empowered by God, not perfect. Baha'i assumes a burden that it can't meet (even by re-writing other religions texts).

Actually the sun does orbit something. I can't recall what. Almost all things orbit something even if it's a black whole like our entire galaxy does. The point is the sun is doing anything but something in a fixed place. The word fixed dooms almost anything you can say about the sun in the cradle. It isn't fixed.

That is an arbitrary and simplistic standard. Christianity rose in the sciences long after it's appointed time according to your arbitrary criteria. Islam seems to oscillate and is still making halting progress. However the theological would seem a far more rational candidate for what you stated. Islam is not only growing but the rate is accelerating. Christianity adds enough new converts in a year to populate Utah. There exists no evidence, in fact all evidence contradicts unless you haul out an arbitrary micro-scope, for what you stated. It takes a mighty thick and wickedly deceptive lens to find any truth in the text you quoted (or at least the part you did). I truly hate to see it. Your devotion is worthy of a better cause.

It should. If a religion has a marked relevance that means anything then I would expect it to decline after that point. The statement is so ambiguous that I can't say exactly what he meant (neither can you). However the most obvious meaning of what he meant disagrees with reality. Even assigning his words an arbitrary scientific reference does not equate to reality. According to your preferred interpretation Newton, Galileo, and a thousand other Christians who were sciences greats should never have done as they did. Not even mangling your own people's texts will help here.

Is the Baha'i middle east or the Christian west todays civilized cultures? It is always a Christian nation not a Baha'i that is first on the scene to help with natural disasters. It is the Christian US that must mediate all tyrannical lunatics not Baha'i. It is our science and technology that drives the world. Even Israel (which by your interpretation should be technological morons by now) outstrips the entire middle east in most areas of advancement. Why didn't their time end?

I get your analogy, I just find reality the exact opposite.

According to even your interpretations:

1. Israel should have long past into irrelevance. Yet it has seen a huge upsurge in science, politics, economy, power, military might, you name it.
2. Christianity should have also passed into irrelevance yet it is still growing in theology, science, economy, might, you name it.
3. Islam should be the next to have passed into oblivion. It has self retarded it's science and economy but it's theology realm is still a thousand times what Baha'i can boast and not only is growing but growing at an increased rate.
4. Baha'i should be at the for front of technology and theology but is instead a negligible contribution to both.

Reality and that texts claims are not congruent and even your interpretation is hopelessly betrayed by history and current reality.
99% of the things you wrote has nothing to do with OP. Sorry I won't get into debates that is too off-topic.

InvestigateTruth

There is no point in arguing with people who have already decided in advance what is true and for Muslims it's Quran ...

They are now claiming the fact that Quran supports evolution which is not the case. , but hey fear god will quote a new translation and prove him point.. I mean Adam and Eve seriously?

[youtube]msOlpj886H4[/youtube]

To investigate the truth, we need to become free from every bias and pre-judgement. we need to become free from 'love' and 'hate' feelings toword religions, and do not read the Texts for the sake of 'proving' or 'disproving'. We only read it with clean heart to see what the message is really.
Moreover, the youtube is not necessarily the correct interpretation of Quran!.... my suggestion is, if you would like to investigate Quran and its correct interpretations, start from this Book: (Book of Certitude)
Bahá'í Reference Library - The Kitáb-i-Íqán

Also, regarding Adam and Eve story, we should remember that according to verses 3:7 in Quran, some of the verses of Quran are symbolic/figurative.
The Story of Adam and Eve, which is also mentioned in Bible, is of those verses...and interpreting them literally is incorrect. I wouldn't get into details of it here, but I suggest you read its interpretation here:

Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 122-126

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

[youtube]msOlpj886H4[/youtube]

You have to investigate before judging Muslims,otherwise you are the one who want to believe what you chose to believe.

In the Book of Animals, abu Uthman al-Jahith (781-869), an intellectual of East African descent, was the first to speculate on the influence of the environment on species. He wrote: "Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."

Reference: Science: Islam's forgotten geniuses - Telegraph

books_003.png

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
one teaching which does not make sense it that Adam and Eve were created but began life in a heavenly paradise.

When God created Adam and Eve, they were created from the 'dust'....where does dust come from? Heaven or earth?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
99% of the things you wrote has nothing to do with OP. Sorry I won't get into debates that is too off-topic.
You are correct. However the were all responses to the claims you introduced not me. You should have never brought them up if you did not want to stray off course and if you did not want a debate you should have said this quite a piece back. You must account for my over abundance of laziness.