• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever found a single bug in Islam?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What a load of bull ****.
there have been numerous writings that far surpass the Koran.

Take the worst of Shakespeare for example.
उरसिमुरारेरुपहितहारेघनैवतरलबलाके ।
तटिदिवपीतेरतिविपरीतेराजसिसुकृतविपाके॥ अ प ११-५

(Urasi-murare-rupahitahare-ghanaiva-tarala-balake |
tat-idiva-piterativiparite-rajasi-sukrita-vipake ||)

"O, golden Rādha, when you will be in foreplay with him, then your pearly pendants will be dangling on the cloudlike chest of Krishna, like flittering flights of cranes on a cloud, then you yourself will beam forth like a streak of lightning on that cloudlike Krishna, if only your merit fructifies .. so, don't linger to go .. [a pa 11-5]

Jayadeva, 'Gita Govinda'

Last edited:

Xaseui

hello guys! I have joined such type of religious community for the first time, and I'm curious about knowing answer for the question "have you ever found any bug in Islam?" if yes, please tell me. I was sort of polytheist before, but now i'm just a Muslim after knowing strong arguments of Muslim scholars.

Edited later: i mean is there any Islamic teaching against humanity? against science? against moral values? any mistake you ever found in Quran?

Regarding the underlined:
[As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise. Quran 5:38

If you're going to justify the cutting of hands of a thief like Muslims usually do, you are proving that indeed, there is no humanity in Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Regarding the underlined:
[As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise. Quran 5:38

If you're going to justify the cutting of hands of a thief like Muslims usually do, you are proving that indeed, there is no humanity in Islam.
All religions are false.

So it is inhumane to cut off the hands of a thief?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
BTW, did 6th or 7th century Arabia have toothbrush? Like I said Naik is an idiot, making things up.
I think, they had and at least the more civilized (jews and christians in Arbia) may have used various twigs to clean the teeth as it is still done in India. We use at least 20 type of twigs and in Ayurveda the powder of these twigs or herbs is used to made tooth cleaning powder.

COMPOSITION: Lavang (Syzygium aromaticum), Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Saurashtri (Alum), Majuphal (Quercus infectoria), Akarkara (Anacyclus pyrethrum), Sat Pudina (Mentha Sylvestris), Kapoor (Camphora officinarum), Sona Geru (Red Earth), Khair Chaal (Acacia catechu), Triphala Trikuta, Neem (Azadirachta indica), Tumburu (Zanthoxylum armatum), Dadima (Punica granatum), Babool (Acacia Arabica), Chalk Mitti (Calcium carbonate)
Dental Care Products - Pyrol Tooth Powder, Pyrol Tooth Paste, Herbal Tooth Paste and Ayusearch Herbal Tooth Powder Manufacturer & Exporter from Bahadurgarh, India (Note: this is not one of the better known Ayurveda companies, included just as an example)

askersha

Nice point, there are lot of predictions, like "adultery will be committed openly in front of Muslims" but that doesn't mean you go and commit adultery. you have misunderstood this Saying of Prophet peace be upon him. Same case, He is not asking us to split in 73 sects, it was just a prediction.
Askersha was it the reason you changed religion? i mean in those six years of research, you were unable to understand even a single saying of Prophet? :D

It appears to me that you are a bit too hasty towards hitting keys on the keyboard. If you kindly see patiently, you had quoted from Quran that making sects are forbidden. I quote from Hadith a "prediction" that there will be 73 sects among Muslims. What you have been unable to comprehend is that EITHER the instruction of the Quran to avoid making sects is useless (because Hadith says there SHALL be 73 of them ANYHOW) OR that the prediction of Hadith about 73 sects is FALSE! There is no third way from Islamic sources. So which one of these will you buy? (If you still don't understand the point, please read it at least once again).

askersha

Any argument of contradictions can also be applied to Christianity.

Don't get me wrong--I disagree with Islam. But some of the reasons for my disagreement with Islam also apply to Christianity.

I know. But the topic here is "bugs in the Quran"... So !!!

askersha

It was asked so many times. Here an explanation of the sourate : http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3345869-post12.html

Are you the ex-muslim ? I think it's strange to not understand this simple sourate.

In my point of you, it's strange that YOU are constantly interpreting "objections" against Quran the way they have been presented earlier. I request you to first keenly seek to understand in the future, MY very approach before rushing your fingers over the keyboard.

My point was NOT "why violence!"

My point was "Why violence ON ONE HAND and avoiding even a debate on the OTHER HAND?" THIS... is what I am calling contradiction. Any sane mind will agree.

askersha

hello guys! I have joined such type of religious community for the first time, and I'm curious about knowing answer for the question "have you ever found any bug in Islam?" if yes, please tell me. I was sort of polytheist before, but now i'm just a Muslim after knowing strong arguments of Muslim scholars.

Edited later: i mean is there any Islamic teaching against humanity? against science? against moral values? any mistake you ever found in Quran?

Source: Contradictions in the Qur'an: Six or eight days of creation?

Six or eight days of creation?

Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly say that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But then there is also the following passage:

2 Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in TWO Days
And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.
+
He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it,
and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things
4 to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR Days
in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (Sustenance).

Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky,
and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth:
"Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly."
They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."
+
2 So He completed them as seven firmaments in TWO Days,
and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command.
And We adorned the lower heaven with lights,
and (provided it) with guard.
Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.
-- Sura 41:9-12 (Yusuf Ali)

= 8 altogether these are EIGHT Days.

For details, see: Contradictions in the Qur'an: Six or eight days of creation?

askersha

Seemingly, Farrukh has still not been able to justify Bug #1. I invite him to keep trying. Meanwhile, here is Bug #2:

Quran repeatedly says: "Indeed we have made the Quran easy to understand, so is there anyone who ponder?"

What are the meanings of the following parts of the "easy to understand" Quran?
Al-Baqarah, Verse 1: "Alif Laam Meem"
(and other "Muqattia'at", like "Kaaf haa yaa aeen saad" etc.)
Al-Qaariah (interestingly, in Surah Al-Qaariah, Quran itself says, "What is Al-Qariah? and YOU DON'T KNOW what Al-Qaariah is!) Wow easy !!! :confused:

In the same Surah, it mentions, Haaviyah and says "and YOU DON'T KNOW what it is. The sizzling flame!.. how generous.. this is what I can call "easy to understand"... but "Al-Qaariyah" not made easy :sad4:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
In my point of you, it's strange that YOU are constantly interpreting "objections" against Quran the way they have been presented earlier. I request you to first keenly seek to understand in the future, MY very approach before rushing your fingers over the keyboard.

My point was NOT "why violence!"

My point was "Why violence ON ONE HAND and avoiding even a debate on the OTHER HAND?" THIS... is what I am calling contradiction. Any sane mind will agree.

Make yourself more clear then.

What debate are you even talking about ? People are not in your head, if you ask a question let us know what you are really talking about.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Source: Contradictions in the Qur'an: Six or eight days of creation?

Six or eight days of creation?

Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly say that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days. But then there is also the following passage:

2 Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in TWO Days
And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.
+
He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it,
and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things
4 to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR Days
in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (Sustenance).

Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky,
and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth:
"Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly."
They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."
+
2 So He completed them as seven firmaments in TWO Days,
and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command.
And We adorned the lower heaven with lights,
and (provided it) with guard.
Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.
-- Sura 41:9-12 (Yusuf Ali)

= 8 altogether these are EIGHT Days.

For details, see: Contradictions in the Qur'an: Six or eight days of creation?

When saying 2 for one thing and then 4 for the same thing then it is 4 and not 2 + 4

For example if we say we constructed a building in 2 months and then we say it was completely ready in 4 months,so the 2 months of construction is already included for the same building but in details you may say constructed in 2 months and additional work of 2 months,so that the building was completely ready in 4 months.

That is very old silly argument about the creation of the universe and i don't think that the prophet if was fabricating things to have difficulty in detailing number 6 as to be 2+2+2

[youtube]1spAMbTr4Uk[/youtube]
‫

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Seemingly, Farrukh has still not been able to justify Bug #1. I invite him to keep trying. Meanwhile, here is Bug #2:

Quran repeatedly says: "Indeed we have made the Quran easy to understand, so is there anyone who ponder?"

What are the meanings of the following parts of the "easy to understand" Quran?
Al-Baqarah, Verse 1: "Alif Laam Meem"
(and other "Muqattia'at", like "Kaaf haa yaa aeen saad" etc.)
Al-Qaariah (interestingly, in Surah Al-Qaariah, Quran itself says, "What is Al-Qariah? and YOU DON'T KNOW what Al-Qaariah is!) Wow easy !!! :confused:

In the same Surah, it mentions, Haaviyah and says "and YOU DON'T KNOW what it is. The sizzling flame!.. how generous.. this is what I can call "easy to understand"... but "Al-Qaariyah" not made easy :sad4:

Don't make an argument about the quran while you have a complete ignorance of it,please study the quran very well so you can discuss it with knowledge.

The verse which you mentioned says that God made it easy for memorizing.

And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember? (54:40)

Watch how a child memorizing the quran while its not his native language

[youtube]ZebsVVgj5nI[/youtube]
Shaikh Fahad Al Kandari cries after seeing a young boy from Turkey memorize the Qur'an - YouTube

InvestigateTruth

The verse which you mentioned says that God made it easy for memorizing.

And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember? (54:40)

My take is, Quran is made easy so that its teachings and message to be remembered, so that for example, when Quran promises about the coming of the Day of Resurrection, then once that Day has come, and the Messengers came with proof to resurrect the dead from sin and ignorance to life of belief and knowledge, then there would no excuse to say 'we don't remember such a promise'.
Does it make sense?

Farrukh

you should also consider answer posted by Dr. Zakir Naik, there is no contradiction in Holy book. Problem is that you are only consulting propaganda posted by Christians, you should also consider answers that are already there.
Allah says in Quran "Indeed, your Lord is Allah , who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He covers the night with the day, [another night] chasing it rapidly; and [He created] the sun, the moon, and the stars, subjected by His command. Unquestionably, His is the creation and the command; blessed is Allah , Lord of the worlds." Quran 7:54

"Indeed, your Lord is Allah , who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne, arranging the matter [of His creation]. There is no intercessor except after His permission. That is Allah , your Lord, so worship Him. Then will you not remember?" Quran 10:3

"And it is He who created the heavens and the earth in six days - and His Throne had been upon water - that He might test you as to which of you is best in deed. But if you say, "Indeed, you are resurrected after death," those who disbelieve will surely say, "This is not but obvious magic." Quran 11:7

"He who created the heavens and the earth and what is between them in six days and then established Himself above the Throne - the Most Merciful, so ask about Him one well informed." Quran 25:59

"It is Allah who created the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them in six days; then He established Himself above the Throne. You have not besides Him any protector or any intercessor; so will you not be reminded?" Quran 32:4

from above verses, it is clear that God Almighty created this universe in 6 days. Now have a look on chapter 41:9-12
"(verse 9) Say: Is it that ye Deny Him (Allah) Who created the earth in two days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the worlds. (verse 10) He set on the (earth) mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (sustenance). (verse 11) Moreover, He Comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: 'Come ye together, Willingly or unwillingly.' They said: 'We do come (together), in willing obedience.' (verse 12) So He completed them as seven firmaments in two days and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We (Allah) adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) The Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge."

The Muslim Scholars have reconciled between the verses of Surah Fussilat (which imply that the heavens and earth were created in eight days). The four days mentioned in verse 10 include the two days in verse 9. Thus, the two days in verse 9 refer to Sunday and Monday and the four days in verse10 refer to Tuesday and Wednesday (including Sunday and Monday). In verse12, Allah mentions that He complete the heavens in 2 days. These 2 days were Thursday and Friday taking the count to six days. (Tafseer ibn Kathir vol.4 pg.83; Darul Mufeed – Tafsir Jalaalayn pg.397)

Farrukh

Then whoever argues with you about it after [this] knowledge has come to you - say, "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then supplicate earnestly [together] and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars [among us]." Quran 3:61