• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever encountered a poltergeist?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Basically I have stories and can share some of the things I thought I've experienced and saw, but those experiences don't really rise to the standard of proof of my atheist friends. So if I do share, take them more like stories around the campfire. As for whether I'll share, I'm thinking about it, but I'll have to type up a few pages before people get kind of a detailed picture of what I think I've experienced before.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Usually i find things that magically fall off shelves are really pushed off by cats.

We live in a very old house, when the stone gets warm in the summer there are many shocking/concerning noises of oak beams being compressed and twisted by the expanding stone.

Explanations for weird events are easy to see when confirmation bias it thrown across the room

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Some of my stories get pretty long, but I'll start with the simple....

I was in like a farm house with no neighbors. I do have a medical condition where people who have the same medical condition have been studied to hear some form of voice quite often. But I was just sitting there reading a magazine, and a friendly female voice said "Hi!" vividly and it sounded like it came from the window 10 feet away. But no one was around outside. This was years ago.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Have you ever encountered a poltergeist?I haven't.:)

A poltergeist isn't necessarily a human spirit or another entity. Some parapsychologists believe a poltergeist is a human spirit or entity that is responsible for psychological and physical disturbances, while other parapsychologists tend to believe that poltergeist activity originates from an unknown energy associated with a living person or a specific location. I agree with the first assumption myself, having witnessed poltergeist activity after asking a spirit to interact with me while no other living person was around. But I believe the latter assumption is also true, but I've never witnessed it for myself. I have, however, heard of a haunting that was attributed to the latter assumption. I'm open to both explanations because the paranormal encompasses a vast variety of supernatural phenomena.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Not much but I think I had one move a ouija planchette, throw a dead-bolt on my door and move a neck pillow from the couch to the back seat of my car. But I think it was a friendly spirit giving me signs so I'm not sure that's a poltergeist but it is paranormal.