• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you Ever Changed Your Diet?

Messianic Israelite

Have you ever changed your diet? Such as you stopped eating certain foods or started eating other kinds? Did you notice a positive change? Did you experience any push back from others who didn't understand? Share your experiences.

In my faith we keep the dietary laws of Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Although atheists and Chr-stians fight against the Law of Yahweh, I can say that not because of genetics, or any other factor have I good health, but by keeping His Laws. They are so many diseases going around, yet still people arrogantly think to know better than Yahweh. Don't they know they're opening themselves to physical problems, and not just them, but their children too? (Cancers and other diseases can be passed down to our children)

Right now, it's the Shemita year (Exodus 23:10-11, Leviticus 25:1-55). It's one year we let the ground lay fallow so we don't eat anything that grew up in this year (the year began on the Day of Atonement) or eat anything that ate anything grown up in that year. Fruit and wild fish is unrestricted. As a result, besides the things I've stocked up, I find my diet changes to a much more healthy diet of a lot of fish and fruit and maybe meat once a week. I've also been eating plenty of nuts.

Do some people not understand. Sure. But at least I am able to witness the glories of Yahweh's Law. And Yahweh's Law is a very good law. He cares for the land and he has commanded that the land be able to rest every seventh year and debts to be cancelled (Deuteronomy 15:1-2), just as we are commanded to rest each seventh day of the week on Saturday. I remember one person who owed me some money was happy when I told him I forgive him for the debt and didn't have to pay me back. When I explained it was the Sabbatical Year he was overjoyed, haha. I know Yahweh is a loving Elohim is a loving Elohim by His Law.

Psalm23

In my faith we keep the dietary laws of Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Although atheists and Chr-stians fight against the Law of Yahweh, I can say that not because of genetics, or any other factor have I good health, but by keeping His Laws. They are so many diseases going around, yet still people arrogantly think to know better than Yahweh. Don't they know they're opening themselves to physical problems, and not just them, but their children too? (Cancers and other diseases can be passed down to our children)

Right now, it's the Shemita year (Exodus 23:10-11, Leviticus 25:1-55). It's one year we let the ground lay fallow so we don't eat anything that grew up in this year (the year began on the Day of Atonement) or eat anything that ate anything grown up in that year. Fruit and wild fish is unrestricted. As a result, besides the things I've stocked up, I find my diet changes to a much more healthy diet of a lot of fish and fruit and maybe meat once a week. I've also been eating plenty of nuts.

Do some people not understand. Sure. But at least I am able to witness the glories of Yahweh's Law. And Yahweh's Law is a very good law. He cares for the land and he has commanded that the land be able to rest every seventh year and debts to be cancelled (Deuteronomy 15:1-2), just as we are commanded to rest each seventh day of the week on Saturday. I remember one person who owed me some money was happy when I told him I forgive him for the debt and didn't have to pay me back. When I explained it was the Sabbatical Year he was overjoyed, haha. I know Yahweh is a loving Elohim is a loving Elohim by His Law.

I didn't how about the part about not eating anything that grew up this year. I do recall reading about a rest for the land as well. It's ok if some don't understand. I do wonder why God had made the food laws for Israel. I have been testing out the dietary law in Letivitus some though not perfectly. Question though, how would you know that certain ingredients don't come from a non kosher animal? This isn't always plain on the ingredients.

Psalm23

Even though I grew up in a meat & potatoes family, I abandoned that decades ago and began to eat more vegetarian style. Of the various cuisines, Indian is my favorite, and I eat it at least once or twice a week.

I've been in the habit of eating more produce since I have been working in the produce department. I also take more vitamins. I was told I look good by my friend. I have had iron anemia before. When low on iron before I had fatigue and times I would nap more, get dizzy going from a sitting to standing position. Taking the iron really helped me feel better.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I've been in the habit of eating more produce since I have been working in the produce department. I also take more vitamins. I was told I look good by my friend. I have had iron anemia before. When low on iron before I had fatigue and times I would nap more, get dizzy going from a sitting to standing position. Taking the iron really helped me feel better.
My wife has some problems in this area as well, and when she went vegetarian her immunity system clearly got compromised. So, we sorta split the difference whereas we'll have meat 1-2 times a week, and that includes all meals.

Messianic Israelite

I didn't how about the part about not eating anything that grew up this year. I do recall reading about a rest for the land as well. It's ok if some don't understand. I do wonder why God had made the food laws for Israel. I have been testing out the dietary law in Letivitus some though not perfectly. Question though, how would you know that certain ingredients don't come from a non kosher animal? This isn't always plain on the ingredients.

Hi Psalm 23. Good afternoon. I hope you are well. I feel it's quite clear on the ingredients whether something is approved or not however, that's probably because I have had years of experience! I try to buy kosher meat, or if not halal meat. Although I should warn you that not all halal meat is clean (muslims eat some meats which are unacceptable) but they also kill the animal in an acceptable way which removes most of the blood from the animal. With fish it is quite easy to see whether we can eat it by if it it has fins and scales. Fish like cod, haddock, mackerel etc you know automatically to be clean. I don't buy foods with meat in them unless that meat is specified as being halal or kosher, however you could find out from your butcher how they kill their meat and if they drain the blood.

Not sure if I answered your question satisfactorily. Feel free to get back to me if I haven't. It's great that you have been testing out the dietary laws in Leviticus. However, if we keep some but not all the Laws, like eating pork, but not shellfish, we risk doing damage to ourselves. If we keep the Law, it must be all of it in order for it to work it's perfect work in us (James 2:10). Science is proving that the dietary laws are indeed scientific. It has only been recently discovered that scales on a fish are anti-bacterial. Thus we could determine that one of the reasons Yahweh only wanted us to eat fish with scales is because they are cleaner and freer from infection than other sea creatures. Yahweh's Laws are important if we want to have strong minds and strong bodies (Exodus 15:26)

Psalm23

Hi Psalm 23. Good afternoon. I hope you are well. I feel it's quite clear on the ingredients whether something is approved or not however, that's probably because I have had years of experience! I try to buy kosher meat, or if not halal meat. Although I should warn you that not all halal meat is clean (muslims eat some meats which are unacceptable) but they also kill the animal in an acceptable way which removes most of the blood from the animal. With fish it is quite easy to see whether we can eat it by if it it has fins and scales. Fish like cod, haddock, mackerel etc you know automatically to be clean. I don't buy foods with meat in them unless that meat is specified as being halal or kosher, however you could find out from your butcher how they kill their meat and if they drain the blood.

Not sure if I answered your question satisfactorily. Feel free to get back to me if I haven't. It's great that you have been testing out the dietary laws in Leviticus. However, if we keep some but not all the Laws, like eating pork, but not shellfish, we risk doing damage to ourselves. If we keep the Law, it must be all of it in order for it to work it's perfect work in us (James 2:10). Science is proving that the dietary laws are indeed scientific. It has only been recently discovered that scales on a fish are anti-bacterial. Thus we could determine that one of the reasons Yahweh only wanted us to eat fish with scales is because they are cleaner and freer from infection than other sea creatures. Yahweh's Laws are important if we want to have strong minds and strong bodies (Exodus 15:26)

I haven't had pork meat or shellfish lately but I have had something with gelatin in it which may or may not come from pork at times. I didn't even know it came from a animal at all at first. I used to eat bacon quite often and now since I haven't been, I started craving it. I have noticed that eating eggs in bacon grease can mess with my stomach some. I am curious if eating kosher is more healthy and what the science say on it. I haven't looked into it much though what you say sounds interesting about the fish with scales are antibacterial.

Psalm23

My wife has some problems in this area as well, and when she went vegetarian her immunity system clearly got compromised. So, we sorta split the difference whereas we'll have meat 1-2 times a week, and that includes all meals.

I heard that iron found in meat is better absorbed than in non meat sources. Vitamin C helps with iron absorption. Vitamin C is often combined along with iron in supplements. I heard that milk can decrease iron absorption so I was advised not to take my iron with milk but taking it with orange juice is good.

metis

I heard that milk can decrease iron absorption so I was advised not to take my iron with milk but taking it with orange juice is good.
High protein consumption decreases calcium absorption; thus, the highest rate of osteoporosis is in countries whereas people consume the most meat and milk products.

Psalm23

High protein consumption decreases calcium absorption; thus, the highest rate of osteoporosis is in countries whereas people consume the most meat and milk products.

Does that mean it's best not to have milk and meat together in general?

metis

Does that mean it's best not to have milk and meat together in general?
Not really as it's a matter of degrees. Our body needs far less protein than many think, and mother's milk has less than 10% protein for example.

syo

Have you ever changed your diet? Such as you stopped eating certain foods or started eating other kinds? Did you notice a positive change? Did you experience any push back from others who didn't understand? Share your experiences.
For a week, I ate only meat. It felt great, but meat is expensive. If I were rich, I'd never eat plants in my life. :)