• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever been in a car crash?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A couple. Neither one was my fault. Both times I had the right of way. Once I was driving on a main road, no stop signs, and someone from a side street thought that he could make it through. I was not speeding. I was at the local speed limit. I hit my brakes and barely clipped his back right corner. Of course he had no insurance.

The second time I was walking to the grocery store at night. I Came to a lit intersection. A car coming from the opposite direction came to a complete stop at the stop sign. I started to cross and for some reason he decided to go through and take his left turn a that time. Since I rolled up and over his hood I was pretty sure that he saw me. He did not stop. Since I was at the back corner of the grocery store I went in and have them call 911 for me. The EMP's taped up the cut by my eye and the police asked me for make model, license plate. All I could say was "It was white". At any rate the police gave me a ride home. No serious injuries.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A couple. Neither one was my fault. Both times I had the right of way. Once I was driving on a main road, no stop signs, and someone from a side street thought that he could make it through. I was not speeding. I was at the local speed limit. I hit my brakes and barely clipped his back right corner. Of course he had no insurance.

The second time I was walking to the grocery store at night. I Came to a lit intersection. A car coming from the opposite direction came to a complete stop at the stop sign. I started to cross and for some reason he decided to go through and take his left turn a that time. Since I rolled up and over his hood I was pretty sure that he saw me. He did not stop. Since I was at the back corner of the grocery store I went in and have them call 911 for me. The EMP's taped up the cut by my eye and the police asked me for make model, license plate. All I could say was "It was white". At any rate the police gave me a ride home. No serious injuries.
Many people drive without insurance.
It's not taken seriously, so it's common.
One gal who ran a red light & hit my truck had no insurance.
She was a deadbeat, so I never could collect for the damage.
All she got was a cheap ticket for running the light.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Many people drive without insurance.
It's not taken seriously, so it's common.
One gal who ran a red light & hit my truck had no insurance.
She was a deadbeat, so I never could collect for the damage.
All she got was a cheap ticket for running the light.
Huh? No ticket for being uninsured?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

I was slowing to a stop for a red light once, and the driver next to me just sailed on through and was t-boned by a guy crossing through with the right of way. No injuries but the hit car spun around and was moving backwards away from me. I could see the young woman inside with this shocked look on her face and just frozen in position. She did not even try to brake. She was stopped when she hit a metal fence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was slowing to a stop for a red light once, and the driver next to me just sailed on through and was t-boned by a guy crossing through with the right of way. No injuries but the hit car spun around and was moving backwards away from me. I could see the young woman inside with this shocked look on her face and just frozen in position. She did not even try to brake. She was stopped when she hit a metal fence.

Oh, that reminds me of another one. After working out with some karate buds we went out for a couple of beers afterwards. When we left I was driving my Dodge van with a defective factory paint job (it peeled early for no known reason and led me to my "ugly vehicle right of way" law). I was the first of three drivers and I went through a light behind another driver who all of a sudden hit his brakes and turned right. I hit my brakes, no problem. Or it should have been. The friend behind me hit me and the third of our party hit him. We all pulled into a parking lot to inspect our damage. I complained that some rust was missing from my bumper. The other two had some minor damage, a broken light or two. I was not going to press any charges for being hit and no damage done and they did not want to bring in the police into how they hit someone else so we all went home.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, that reminds me of another one. After working out with some karate buds we went out for a couple of beers afterwards. When we left I was driving my Dodge van with a defective factory paint job (it peeled early for no known reason and led me to my "ugly vehicle right of way" law). I was the first of three drivers and I went through a light behind another driver who all of a sudden hit his brakes and turned right. I hit my brakes, no problem. Or it should have been. The friend behind me hit me and the third of our party hit him. We all pulled into a parking lot to inspect our damage. I complained that some rust was missing from my bumper. The other two had some minor damage, a broken light or two. I was not going to press any charges for being hit and no damage done and they did not want to bring in the police into how they hit someone else so we all went home.
Some kid hit me (bumped me) once at an intersection. I looked it over and could find no damage, got his name and address and let him go. Not that I could have done anything later, even with that information. I just did it to emphasize the point that he should be watching a little better.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I advise against getting hit in the face.
Get hit in the lawn instead....it's less painful, & heals faster.
I am fortunate that I take a hit fairly well. At least in my younger days. Now days, I am starting to get pains and palpitations just from our discussion.

These days, I would rather expend my energy "hitting" something else, but that is something that age has an effect on too.