• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Ever Been Fired? And, if so, by a man or a woman?

• Yes, fired by a woman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, fired by a man

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No, I have never been fired

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I was only ever fired once.
As I had stopped turning up, I was hardly surprised. But I should have resigned.
He was a very reasonable boss in the circumstances, it was just the wrong position.

Every job I left after that was on my own volition.
Strangely all my bosses either died were sacked or became bankrupt within months after I left.

I never had a Female boss, Though I was boss to a number of females.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
In my industry, most of my bosses have been female. I've been fired twice. Once because I was pregnant. Both times I was fired by female bosses.

I'm the boss now. But I wouldn't avoid female bosses just because of my track record. The odds were in favor of a female boss firing me anyway, so there you go.

I did not know you could be fired for being pregnant.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I did not know you could be fired for being pregnant.

I shouldn't have been fired, since it's discriminatory. But the director said she could not have a pregnant principal dancer. I argued that the provision to remain not-pregnant wasn't in my contract for the show season. She already had a replacement and that was that. I decided it wasn't worth a legal fight that also would have played out in the media.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I am soon to be 59 years old this July. Even while attending my University, I worked a simple job even though it was few hours and part time and more about just doing something that was fun before going into a real job. I was soliticited for hires in my last year of schooling, later went into a profession and personally was never fired from a single job neither those fun jobs nor professional.

But being in IT, I have many get fired over the years and the pace is increasing. Not just downsized, but fired.

Maybe I am crazy, but in the majority of cases, not just today but in the past as well, it has been my observation that the person who actually fired (not downsized) the person who lost their job, be it a man or a woman who was fired, it was a woman "boss" who fired the person and most often for the most petty or inane or imagined reasons. Often it was just plain jealousy and inane backbiting.

Or am I crazy to notice this, and I am totally off base? I think one of the reasons I have never been fired is because I started to notice this and always tried to make sure whoever was my "boss" was a man and not a woman. All the successful women that I have worked with who were not fired also typically avoided a female "boss" because of like observation.

So I am curious - have YOU ever been fired (different than downsized but fired as if you are doing something wrong), and if so was the person ("boss" or other) who fired you a man or a woman?

The choices are:

Yes, by a woman

Yes, by a man

No, I was never fired from a job

This s/b fun.
Oh, the horror to have to work for a woman.
But to be fired by one?
That would be a disgrace for the ages!

The one time I got fired was back in school when I had a part time job as a church "sexton".
I overslept, & showed up late once.
It sucked to let them down & be fired.
Those Methodists.....not very forgiving folk.

Last edited: