• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you checked under your bed for classified documents?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the Marine Corps I was responsible for the oversight of proper safeguarding and handling of classified materials, including Top Secret materials, for my entire facility. There were never any classified materials that went "missing" or were improperly handled under my watch. Apparently I am more competent than President Biden.

I also had Top Secret Clearance. For surprising little info. (Frequencies) Back in the safe, after each and every use. IDK what I was supposed to do if I accidentally memorized them. Get a lobotomy? Ya, maybe that's why all our politicians are freakin brain dead.

The frequencies were POW! SPLAT! :ghost:

I too had top secret clearance, spoke with US admirals and visited the deepest secret bowels of an aircraft carrier to analyse the work i was requested to do.
Job done, navy technicians called removed all hdds used on the project along with any documentation and my clearance revoked.

Pretty good for a Lancaster lass

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Shhh, don't mention the Mafia
LOL.

When we were first married, there was an arrest of over 20 Mafioso in our area, and my wife, who's from Sicily, knew most of them or their families. So, I've been truly nice to her ever since.  :emojconfused:

ChristineM

Premium Member
LOL.

When we were first married, there was an arrest of over 20 Mafioso in our area, and my wife, who's from Sicily, knew most of them or their families. So, I've been truly nice to her ever since.  :emojconfused:

A friend of mine is a college tutor. She landed a job in the education department of the local prison. One of her students was a small, quiet, dappa man that always wore a suit, not prison fatigues like the rest of the inmates. All the other inmates treated him with great respect. It seems he was a Mafia hit man. My friend and the man got on quite well. One day he asked to see my friend in private, or as private as can be with a prison guard and security cameras watching. He had arranged for my friend and her family to holiday at his dons estate in Sicily.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A friend of mine is a college tutor. She landed a job in the education department of the local prison. One of her students was a small, quiet, dappa man that always wore a suit, not prison fatigues like the rest of the inmates. All the other inmates treated him with great respect. It seems he was a Mafia hit man. My friend and the man got on quite well. One day he asked to see my friend in private, or as private as can be with a prison guard and security cameras watching. He had arranged for my friend and her family to holiday at his dons estate in Sicily.
Interesting!

We also knew some Mafioso at the personal level, and I'll tell ya that they can be very caring and nice. One of them, who was my wife's boss at one place she worked, won a lottery and she gave it to my wife with the understanding that we give all of it to one of our neighbors who were in danger of losing their house because of serious medical conditions.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting!

We also knew some Mafioso at the personal level, and I'll tell ya that they can be very caring and nice. One of them, who was my wife's boss at one place she worked, won a lottery and she gave it to my wife with the understanding that we give all of it to one of our neighbors who were in danger of losing their house because of serious medical conditions.

My husband was trained in the art of cooking by a Mafia family. He has some very colorful stories about those years, but they left a deep impression on him. He still calls the matron of the family every year and wishes her happy mother's day.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
2 domestic cats, one our matriarch we rescued 12 years ago. One a neighbours cat who thinks it's better living with us. 2 chat errant (stray cats) who have moved in permanently, one of them hardly ever goes outside any longer. And another chat errant that comes in for breakfast and a warm before heading out to do his cat things. He returns in the evening for a little supper then goes off again.

@JustGeorge has 10.
Wow! I like @JustGeorge , too, and she has 10 cats. I think those who have cats are good people.;)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Try a dog.They scare away burglars.Avoid Labradors ,Golden Retrievers and St Bernard's. They will wag tails and welcome burglars.

Had a border collie once, very friendly...

I think our stray cats are enough to scare away all but the most determined burglar

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I actually did find some confidential records in my possession not too long ago. But it was in my own version of short hand, with just enough writing and coded things there to jolt my memory back if everything that paper referred to while being utterly meaningless and useless to anyone else.