• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you called the police on someone?

sooda

Veteran Member
I have, when an idiot cut the car I was a passenger in off on the freeway. He came so close that our driver spun out attempting to avoid him. Luckily for all of us there was very little traffic (and absolutely no excuse for being cut off that way) and our car did some spinning, but was undamaged when we came to a stop. None of the people in the car were hurt, though we were scared senseless. Someone else took over the driving, after the cops were done with us. I called in the model of the car and a partial plate (I couldn't see all of it) and the cops caught him just down the road. He was drunk...or high...and he let us know his opinion of our reporting him with some very eloquent sign language.

We were told, later, that he was charged with reckless endangerment, a DUI...and I'm not certain his driver's license has been returned to him even yet, and it's been a whole lot of years.

Oh...yeah...last spring I reported that someone had come into our house, stolen one of my mother's checkbooks, and was merrily writing checks totalling something like $7,000. We know who it was, but she hasn't been arrested yet. Seems she's been doing a lot of that stuff and the police want to nab her for all of it. At least, that's what they are telling us.

Is THAT why Democrats think that people like us are racists? Because we actually think that the police are there to DO something?
Oh baloney.. I have called the police for domestic violence , children abuse and prowlers.

dianaiad

Oh baloney.. I have called the police for domestic violence , children abuse and prowlers.

Good for you. Tell me, if the people you called the cops on were 'people of color,' would your fellow Dems call you 'racist?'

Bet they would.

On the other hand, if the folks you called the cops on were 'white,' it would be OK.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Good for you. Tell me, if the people you called the cops on were 'people of color,' would your fellow Dems call you 'racist?'

Bet they would.

On the other hand, if the folks you called the cops on were 'white,' it would be OK.

Calling for domestic violence? No, not racist.

Calling for simply existing in a park? yes.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Have you called the police on someone?

Yup, many times, it was part of my job back in my security days, if I could not handle it, the police were called.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Have you ever called the police on somebody? What were they doing?

The only time I can recall snitching in my adult life was when a man in a wheelchair got physically assaulted and I got between the two people.

I told police what happened.

One saying that was drilled into me from a young age in juvenile detention centers, was "snitches get stitches" and you never notify law enforcement or correctional officers about somebody's illegal activity.

You can pm me any insult or whatever and I never have nor ever will report a post, because it feels similar.

I've been physically assaulted and had money, a bike, and other things stolen, and it never was tempting to notify police. Living in the ghetto, the last thing I want is to be labeled a snitch.

If I'm talking to officers, somebody's going to see it.
Yes.
Hundreds of times.
Many hundreds of times
Why?
Theft
Robbery
Deception
Paederasty
Breach of Peace
Assault ABH
Assault GBH

And never once did I feel like a snitch.

sooda

Veteran Member

Bet they would.

You're projecting.. Speak for yourself instead of for others.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Yes, multiple times. The last time was a few months ago when my neighbor was trying to fight with me.

Me too. I was pissed off with neighbours who were keeping the whole block awake all night, regularly.

I tried to reason with them a few times. It was pointless and they (half a dozen dudes drinking) chose to be sarcastic, arrogant and even physically intimidating.

So...one night I decided to do it jungle style, went to their door with a baseball bat, and terrorised them.

Then I rang the police and explained exactly what had just happened.

The female officer was very understanding ;)

sooda

Veteran Member

Bet they would.

[video]

Erebus

I did that pretty recently actually. My flat overlooks a busy road that's used by a lot of lorries. I saw a man across the street, shirtless in the pouring rain and pacing back and forth at the edge of the road. He'd occasionally take a step forward, then pull back and shake his head. I phoned the police because I was worried that he was working himself up to suicide.

I found out later that one of my neighbours knew him. He'd recently lost his home and split up with his wife so my fears were likely justified.

ppp

Have you ever called the police on somebody? What were they doing?

The only time I can recall snitching in my adult life was when a man in a wheelchair got physically assaulted and I got between the two people.

I told police what happened.

One saying that was drilled into me from a young age in juvenile detention centers, was "snitches get stitches" and you never notify law enforcement or correctional officers about somebody's illegal activity.

You can pm me any insult or whatever and I never have nor ever will report a post, because it feels similar.

I've been physically assaulted and had money, a bike, and other things stolen, and it never was tempting to notify police. Living in the ghetto, the last thing I want is to be labeled a snitch.

If I'm talking to officers, somebody's going to see it.
Once for when I saw a car driving down the street with the detached hose from the gass pump still in their tank; sparking as it bumped along the road. And once when the neighbor kids (7 & 9) came to our house to tell us their dad was dead in the living room. He had shot himself where they would find him after school. I have never been so furious at a dead man.