• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have the threads on Veda increased one’s understanding and love of Veda?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Kindly switch off one’s “brain” for a little while, feel and ask your hearts instead. Please
Express one-self fully!
Thread open for all human beings. Please

Regards

P.S First one started Jun 27, 2016 #1

This 2 minutes ago on Sept.9, 2016 #1

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Pranam Paarsurreyji. The Vedas are highly complex authorless texts, and are eternal. A paragraph of the Rig Veda to such an ignorant person as me would not be able to decipher any of it. It's hard to love something one does not understand. That is why we have the Srimad Bhagavatam :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Kindly switch off one’s “brain” for a little while, feel and ask your hearts instead. Please
Express one-self fully!

Regards

Not at all. It has increased my awareness of how ridiculous an outsider's interpretation can be. Something like someone from Peru describing Iceland.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Express one-self fully!
"Switching off" one's brain and "asking hearts instead" seems to me to be a very bad way to approach education. Also, since you asked, no, I have never learned a single thing about religions other than your own when reading your posts.

I would ask you whether you have learned anything from the responses to your threads about other religions. I would hope you have reconsidered at least some of the misconceptions you have posted about other religions, but from what I've seen so far, you seem pretty convinced that you know more about others' religions than they do even when your claims are shown to be incorrect.

And here I thought I was going to encounter extraterrestrials only in this thread. Thanks for giving us regular humans permission to post here. Send my regards to the non-human species you consulted before giving us permission. Please. :D

(Edit for clarification: By "non-human species" I mean "aliens" or anything along those lines, not animals. Just thought I'd clarify this to avoid miscommunication.)

Last edited:

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
"Switching off" one's brain and "asking hearts instead" seems to me to be a very bad way to approach education. Also, since you asked, no, I have never learned a single thing about religions other than your own when reading your posts.

I would ask you whether you have learned anything from the responses to your threads about other religions. I would hope you have reconsidered at least some of the misconceptions you have posted about other religions, but from what I've seen so far, you seem pretty convinced that you know more about others' religions than they do even when your claims are shown to be incorrect.

And here I thought I was going to encounter extraterrestrials only in this thread. Thanks for giving us regular humans permission to post here. Send my regards to the non-human species you consulted before giving us permission. Please. :D
Scathing. Is it that hot in Egypt DS ji?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The list of the threads:
  1. Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d! paarsurrey, Jul 25, 2016
  2. Yajurveda: "6.21 mentions a number of sciences". Is it true? paarsurrey, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d! paarsurrey, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Yajurveda 15:13 “learn that part of the Veda which deals with the Unity of God” ONENESS Of G-d paarsurrey, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Yajurveda rejects Atheism?!. Does it? paarsurrey, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Yajurveda on purpose of human life: “for the attainment of God”. Right? paarsurrey, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Is Veda a living scripture? If yes, it should give claim and reasons itself. Right? paarsurrey, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Does Veda/Yajurveda/Rigveda support Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism? paarsurrey, Aug 28, 2016
  9. Does Veda have myth/s in it? paarsurrey, Saturday at 7:59 PM
  10. Rig Veda : English translation by T.H.Griffith paarsurrey, Aug 15, 2016
  11. Did Buddha reject Veda? If, yes. Why? paarsurrey, Sep 1, 2016
  12. Veda: Brahmins-Kshatriyas: Dravidian-Tamil-Sudra-Dalit-Untouchables paarsurrey, Aug 29, 2016
  13. Vedic Period, Pre-Vedic Period and Post-Vedic Period paarsurrey, Aug 14, 2016
  14. Yajurveda: “This battle is the source of thy prosperity; hence we goad thee to that battle” paarsurrey, Jul 26, 2016
  15. Does Yajurveda mention word “Reincarnation”- many and continuous re-births after physical death? paarsurrey, Aug 10, 2016
  16. Is the word "Ahimsa" or nonviolence mentioned in Yajurveda? paarsurrey, Aug 1, 2016
  17. Are Vedas in chronological order? paarsurrey, Monday at 11:39 AM
  18. Does Veda prohibit idols/statue worship? paarsurrey, Sep 1, 2016
  19. Did Vedas exist before The Bhagavad Gita ? paarsurrey, Yesterday at 11:39 AM
  20. Is Vedic Sanskrit a dead or a near dead language? paarsurrey, Aug 8, 2016
  21. Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture? paarsurrey, Jun 27, 2016
  22. Why did the Gods of Veda fight with one another and what for?paarsurrey, Wednesday at 10:23 AM
  23. Have the threads on Veda increased one’s understanding and love of Veda? paarsurrey, 54 minutes ago
Just click and add one's thoughts on any of these, no compulsion however whatsoever, please .
Regards

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Express one-self fully!

Regards

I am not inclined to switch off my brain as my heart is big enough to work with the boss. That said, my primitive understanding of the Vedas has not been affected an iota by you uninformed posts and jaundiced passive-aggressive fixation on aspects of Hindu thought. Your posts clearly show just how incomplete and lacking your own understanding is. In that respect, you have done a fine job of exposing the lunacy of your thinking. Bravo.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

No, they've only wasted my time and shown how easily I can be baited and hooked. :(

JuanFishing.jpg

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Just click and add one's thoughts on any of these, no compulsion however whatsoever, please .
Regards

Why are you ignoring all the questions people ask of you? (Including this one, I suppose.) DS asked a great question. It makes me think you aren't reading anybody's responses. So another question ... Are you reading the responses to your questions? If not, why not? It seems logical that if someone asks a question, they are looking for responses.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Paarsurry ji , ...

yes , any chance to disucss or revisit the Vedas must certainly inctease both ones love and understanding , how can it not ???

why others are feeling so threatened by this question I canot understand , ...

Express one-self fully!

Regards

when posting here my brain is allways switched off , I only use the Brain for mundane tasks like walking from A to B without triping over things , locating on switch on computer , loging in to RF , ....from there on and especialy when discussing Sanatana Dharma the Heart overides the head , ....

So heart of Ratikala is saying thank you for engaging us in questions relating to Veads , even if others veiw your questioning as an intrusion into their comfort zone , ...I do not , ....

prehaps they do not wish to see the pointers in the Vedas to the absolute and ultimate reality prehaps even though many Hindus Chant Gayatri they are not realy so ready to be enlightened or inspired , ....agreed this prehaps takes many many lifetimes and is a gradual progression , ....but yes to be led , for our inteligence to be inspired we need to engage the heart not the head , as it is the heart that will begin the process of loving and adoring the splendor of the Supreme , the head only comes up with inane obsticals to surrender .

so what is this divine light that Rig Veda speaks of ?....it is the Knowledge that removes all ignorance , .......

so now I will look at the remainder of your questions , ......

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram , ...

Ok , one by one , .....easy ones first some I will have to refer back to your original posts

Did Vedas exist before The Bhagavad Gita ? paarsurrey, Yesterday at 11:39 AM

Veda it self is eternal knowledge so has allways been existant , ...Vedas as we know them as four distinct Vedas have been compiled by the Vedic rishis for our benifit so date of compilation is allmost irrelevant , ....Gita is the Song of the lord in his Krsna incarnation so is a speach that can be traced to a particular point in time just before the onset of Kaliyuga , ....so in actuality Veda being eternal comes before Gita , ....but here I am looking at veda as Knowledge , not a peice of text , ....

Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d!

this I must read , ...

Did Buddha reject Veda? If, yes. Why?

he rejected only the corrupt practices of the day , by doing so he re established Sanatana Dharma but in a new guise so that it may be free from all the corrupt trapings of brahminism (Brahminism as in religion hijacked by Brahmin preists Brahmin's not to be comfused with Brahman)

Why did the Gods of Veda fight with one another and what for?
http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...t-with-one-another-and-what-for.190516/unread
in short distruction of Ignorance , ....continuance of Dharma , ....

Does Veda have myth/s in it?
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/does-veda-have-myth-s-in-it.190406/
No

Rig Veda : English translation by T.H.Griffith
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/rig-veda-english-translation-by-t-h-griffith.189932/
personaly I dont like to stick to one transllation , I find it interesting to read it from different perspectives

Do you personaly favour GrifFiths ?, ....if so why ?

ajurveda: "6.21 mentions a number of sciences". Is it true?
http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...tions-a-number-of-sciences-is-it-true.189484/
Yajurveda 15:13 “learn that part of the Veda which deals with the Unity of God” ONENESS Of G-d

Yajurveda rejects Atheism?!. Does it?

Yajurveda on purpose of human life: “for the attainment of God
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/yajurveda-rejects-atheism-does-it.189602/
is Veda a living scripture? If yes, it should give claim and reasons itself. Right?
http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...d-give-claim-and-reasons-itself-right.190179/

Ok nice questions for tomorrow , ....00.46 its late for me , ...

Pranamas

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskartam Vinajaka ji

Why are you ignoring all the questions people ask of you? (Including this one, I suppose.) DS asked a great question. It makes me think you aren't reading anybody's responses. So another question ... Are you reading the responses to your questions? If not, why not? It seems logical that if someone asks a question, they are looking for responses.

it is strange that you shoud say this as of recent you have egnored many responces or questions I have made to your posts ??? ....however I simply deem that to be your pejorative and do not get hot under the collar about it , ....

sadly many of the questions here in reply to the OP seem to be confrontational rather than entering into the spirit of discussion on the given topic , .....

the Buddhist in me remembers a very fine teaching that has stood me in good stead many a time , which allows me to approach all questioning with an open mind and without need for meeting what 'Seems' alien with agression , .....and that is the fine teaching by Shantideva in ''the Bodhisattvas way of life'' , .....

Unruly beings are as unlimited as space
They cannot possibly all be overcome,
But if I overcome thoughts of anger alone
This will be equivalent to vanquishing all foes.

Where would I possibly find enough leather
With which to cover the surface of the earth?
But (wearing) leather just on the soles of my shoes
Is equivalent to covering the earth with it.

Likewise it is not possible for me
To restrain the external course of things;
But should I restrain this mind of mine
What would be the need to restrain all else?”

and here comentary given in the Lojong or mind training texts , .....

When others, out of jealousy
Treat me wrongly with abuse, slander, and scorn,
May I take upon myself the defeat
And offer to others the victory.

The point that is made here is that when others provoke you, perhaps for no reason or unjustly, instead of reacting in a negative way, as a true practitioner of altruism you should be able to be tolerant towards them. You should remain unperturbed by such treatment. In the next verse we learn that not only should we be tolerant of such people, but in fact we should view them as our spiritual teachers. It reads:

When someone whom I have helped,
Or in whom I have placed great hopes,
Mistreats me in extremely hurtful ways,
May I regard him still as my precious teacher.

In Shantideva’s Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, there is an extensive discussion of how we can develop this kind of attitude, and how we can actually learn to see those who perpetrate harm on us as objects of spiritual learning. And also, in the third chapter of Chandrakirti’s Entry to the Middle Way, there are profoundly inspiring and effective teachings on the cultivation of patience and tolerance.

my meeaning here is that we should not veiw all questions as negative , and even if they are negative or incorrect we should use this as an oppertunity to put the correct veiw accros rather than an oppertunity to be agressive , ...what will be learnt or what benifit will be caused by this ?

further more why should we be frightened of the veiws of others ? .......let us learn to live with them and reduce fear and suffering in this world , .....

images

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Surely you're not suggesting the need for a trip to the Emerald City, are you?
His Emerald Cities are Rabwah in Pakistan and Qadian in India. (Sorry for delay in reply. Understood your post after a Wikipedia check. I thank Allah for Wikipedia ;))

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
His Emerald Cities are Rabwah in Pakistan and Qadian in India. (Sorry for delay in reply. Understood your post after a Wikipedia check. I thank Allah for Wikipedia ;))

My holy cities are Mecca, Medina, Qadian and Rabwah, please .
Jesus in his First Coming is buried at Mohalla Khanyar, Srinagar, Kashmir in India . And Jesus in his Second Coming is buried in Qadian, Distt. Gurdaspur, in India. Both are buried in India.
Regards

Satyamavejayanti

Express one-self fully!

Regards

Namaste,

You particular threads on the Veda have not increased nor decreased my understanding and Love for the Samhita, the only thing you threads have done is expose many (if not all) the misconceptions, misunderstandings and utter lack of regard for the Hindu voice/point of view regarding our own texts, many times people have asked questions and explained but have had no response from you, which goes to show that you have not really taken the effort in understanding Hinduism (as any person delving into Hindu texts is really just trying to understand Hinduism).

I will give my own little summary for you.

1. Am I reading Quran or from the Yajurveda? O’ Brahman! O’ G-d! paarsurrey, Jul 25, 2016
Obviously you were reading a particular translation of the Yajurveda.
  1. Yajurveda: "6.21 mentions a number of sciences". Is it true? paarsurrey, Jul 27, 2016
Many opinions and suggestions were given, some in favor some not.
  1. Yajurveda 15:13 “learn that part of the Veda which deals with the Unity of God” ONENESS Of G-d paarsurrey, Jul 30, 2016
In Yajur Veda there are gleanings of Advaita, so this oneness is actually Adviata that is being mentioned, not Monotheism.
  1. Yajurveda rejects Atheism?!. Does it? paarsurrey, Aug 1, 2016
My personal response showed that it was not discussing Atheism.
  1. Yajurveda on purpose of human life: “for the attainment of God”. Right? paarsurrey, Jul 28, 2016
This is the main idea in Vedanta.
  1. Is Veda a living scripture? If yes, it should give claim and reasons itself. Right? paarsurrey, Aug 26, 2016
Veda is not like other "scriptures", it is not meant to have human reasoning nor falsifiable claims.
  1. Does Veda/Yajurveda/Rigveda support Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism? paarsurrey, Aug 28, 2016
Yes
  1. Does Veda have myth/s in it? paarsurrey, Saturday at 7:59 PM
No
  1. Rig Veda : English translation by T.H.Griffith paarsurrey, Aug 15, 2016
Limitation of just having one translation is that one does not fathom the depth of the meaning of "Mantra".
  1. Did Buddha reject Veda? If, yes. Why? paarsurrey, Sep 1, 2016
No
  1. Veda: Brahmins-Kshatriyas: Dravidian-Tamil-Sudra-Dalit-Untouchables paarsurrey, Aug 29, 2016
None mentioned in Veda, later developments (dravida, Tamil, Dalit and untouchables), Brahman, Kshatrya and Sudra mentioned.
  1. Vedic Period, Pre-Vedic Period and Post-Vedic Period paarsurrey, Aug 14, 2016
Not enough information or Data available to assume the time fame of Vedas.
  1. Yajurveda: “This battle is the source of thy prosperity; hence we goad thee to that battle” paarsurrey, Jul 26, 2016
Internal Battles, not literal battles. Even if literal battles are recorded does not mean that Ahimsa is compromised.
  1. Does Yajurveda mention word “Reincarnation”- many and continuous re-births after physical death? paarsurrey, Aug 10, 2016
Not the purpose of Yajus Mantras.
  1. Is the word "Ahimsa" or nonviolence mentioned in Yajurveda? paarsurrey, Aug 1, 2016
Not the word, but the ideas are there.
  1. Are Vedas in chronological order? paarsurrey, Monday at 11:39 AM
Not enough data to even form a opinion.
  1. Does Veda prohibit idols/statue worship? paarsurrey, Sep 1, 2016
No
  1. Did Vedas exist before The Bhagavad Gita ? paarsurrey, Yesterday at 11:39 AM
Yes
  1. Is Vedic Sanskrit a dead or a near dead language? paarsurrey, Aug 8, 2016
Alive
  1. Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture? paarsurrey, Jun 27, 2016
No
  1. Why did the Gods of Veda fight with one another and what for?paarsurrey, Wednesday at 10:23 AM
No,

Why did you not just do this in one thread like what you did, as a summary questions, it would have saved so much time and server space.

Dhanyavad