• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have the end times arrived?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Nobody knows the future except God.
Except his new messenger? I think there is some things written about the coming "lessor" peace and the "most" great peace. One click and looked what popped up...
The Baha’i writings explain that there will be three stages leading to the new divine civilization. First will be a period of great turmoil and suffering, which we are now witnessing. Then will come the Lesser Peace, which is the political unity of nations. After that will come the Most Great Peace.​

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then don't say Baha'is believe that the Bible is the greatest gift BS.
I never said that the bible is the greatest gift, I said that Baha'u'llah said it was God's greatest testimony to His creatures.
I imagine he said that because the bible covers a long period of history.
But, as usual, you the miss the bigger issue. It is written as if it really happened. Meaning, if it didn't really happen, then it was a made up fictional event. Making the gospel stories a bunch of lies.
No, it does not make them lies if they were written as if they happened and did not really happen because there is no way we can ever know the intentions of the authors so we can never know if they were intentionally lying.
And Baha'is try to down play those made up stories by saying that some of the stories in the Bible were metaphorical. And you take it even further by just blowing it off and saying that you don't care or that you don't give a rip. Unfortunately, because of that kind of attitude, I think it might just cause some people to not give a "rip" about the Baha'i Faith. I know, I know... you don't care. Swell. I'm sure Baha'u'llah is very proud of you.
Liberal Christians also believe that some of the bible stories are metaphorical, so why don't you get after them? Why do you always get after the Baha'is?

My not giving a rip whether the bible stories are literal or metaphorical is not going to cause people to not give a rip about the Baha'i Faith. Whether the bible stories are literal or metaphorical is your cross to bear, not mine. I do not live in the past and that is why I don't give a rip.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Except his new messenger? I think there is some things written about the coming "lessor" peace and the "most" great peace. One click and looked what popped up...
The Baha’i writings explain that there will be three stages leading to the new divine civilization. First will be a period of great turmoil and suffering, which we are now witnessing. Then will come the Lesser Peace, which is the political unity of nations. After that will come the Most Great Peace.​
Yes, we know some general things but we don't know exactly how it will play out. In other words, we do not know about all the details you often ask about.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Yes, we know some general things but we don't know exactly how it will play out. In other words, we do not know about all the details you often ask about.
When I did the search about the lessor and greater peace I found this also...
Unfoldment of World Civilization, The, interactive study guide

See also study guides for the other two documents:

And I also found this...
The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an allembracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world's Great Peace amongst men…

In connection with this Great Peace, Shoghi Effendi writes:
A world community in which all economic barriers will have been permanently demolished and the interdependence of Capital and Labor definitely recognized; in which the clamor of religious fanaticism and strife will have been forever stilled; in which the flame of racial animosity will have been finally extinguished; in which a single code of international law -- the product of the considered judgment of the world's federated representatives -- shall have as its sanction the instant and coercive intervention of the combined forces of the federated units; and finally a world community in which the fury of a capricious and militant nationalism will have been transmuted into an abiding consciousness of world citizenship

The Most Great Peace, on the other hand, as conceived by Bahá'u’lláh -- a peace that must inevitably follow as the practical consequence of the spiritualization of the world and the fusion of all its races, creeds, classes and nations -- can rest on no other basis, and can be preserved through no other agency, except the divinely appointed ordinances that are implicit in the World Order that stands associated with His Holy Name.

A world federal system, ruling the whole earth and exercising unchallengeable authority over its unimaginably vast resources, blending and embodying the ideals of both the East and the West, liberated from the curse of war and its miseries, and bent on the exploitation of all the available sources of energy on the surface of the planet, a system in which Force is made the servant of Justice, whose life is sustained by its universal recognition of one God and by its allegiance to one common Revelation -- such is the goal towards which humanity, impelled by the unifying forces of life, is moving.”​

"Universal" recognition of one God and "allegiance" to one common Revelation? Well that's an interesting thing to say. Not to mention "A world federal system, ruling the whole earth and exercising unchallengeable authority"?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Universal" recognition of one God and "allegiance" to one common Revelation? Well that's an interesting thing to say. Not to mention "A world federal system, ruling the whole earth and exercising unchallengeable authority"?

Yes, but the Lesser peace is the Law set by the Nations.

Both Abdul'baha and Shoghi Effendi have given a lot of detail of events that will be witnessed.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Yes, but the Lesser peace is the Law set by the Nations.

Both Abdul'baha and Shoghi Effendi have given a lot of detail of events that will be witnessed.

Regards Tony
Anything about what's happening now? The rise and fall of Communism is in the past. What's happening with Islamic countries, the environment and weather is what's the big problems. Also, the rise of Trumpism in the U.S. has the country divided. Anything about those things? And, the Peace message is 35 years old, what was it intended to do? To get people to see the problems and the solutions or what?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anything about what's happening now? The rise and fall of Communism is in the past. What's happening with Islamic countries, the environment and weather is what's the big problems. Also, the rise of Trumpism in the U.S. has the country divided. Anything about those things? And, the Peace message is 35 years old, what was it intended to do? To get people to see the problems and the solutions or what?

Yes CG, this age is reflecting those warnings. A lot of the big picture detail in fact.

Shoghi Effendi gives great detail in the "Promised Day is Come", which my wife and I are deepening in at this very time.

https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/shoghi-effendi/promised-day-come/

I see the world is unfolding as it is already written.

Regards Tony.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I never said that the bible is the greatest gift, I said that Baha'u'llah said it was God's greatest testimony to His creatures.
So why are you letting this thread slip away? Anyway, this ties in with those other threads. Here you say that you didn't say it. Well, that's just swell. But, you are a Baha'i, and it seems that you believe whatever Baha'u'llah has said or written is the infallible truth from God, then you must believe this thing about the Bible. So what's so great about it?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So why are you letting this thread slip away? Anyway, this ties in with those other threads. Here you say that you didn't say it. Well, that's just swell. But, you are a Baha'i, and it seems that you believe whatever Baha'u'llah has said or written is the infallible truth from God, then you must believe this thing about the Bible. So what's so great about it?
The Bible is God's greatest testimony in the sense that it covers a long span of years. I suggest you read the following.

The Heart of the Gospel is a book that was written by a Christian clergyman who resigned his orders after 40 years to become a Baha’i. It explains how the Bible fits into history and spiritual evolution.

I. The Bible as Universal History
II. History as Spiritual Evolution

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Bible is God's greatest testimony in the sense that it covers a long span of years. I suggest you read the following.

The Heart of the Gospel is a book that was written by a Christian clergyman who resigned his orders after 40 years to become a Baha’i. It explains how the Bible fits into history and spiritual evolution.

I. The Bible as Universal History
II. History as Spiritual Evolution
Oh goody, more reading. But yes, the Bible covers the very beginning of the universe and goes all the way to when Jesus returns. But greatest "testimony"? Or, a great work of fiction? Or, a great compilation of Jewish religious mythology. And then the Christians added their story of Jesus unto it. Which have more stuff in it that you believe to be fictional and not literal. Oh, and have you read it? If so, what's the gist of it?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh goody, more reading. But yes, the Bible covers the very beginning of the universe and goes all the way to when Jesus returns. But greatest "testimony"? Or, a great work of fiction? Or, a great compilation of Jewish religious mythology. And then the Christians added their story of Jesus unto it. Which have more stuff in it that you believe to be fictional and not literal. Oh, and have you read it? If so, what's the gist of it?
Those are all valid questions but unfortunately I don't think we can know the answers and that is why I don't bother to look for them.

As a Baha'i on the Planet Baha'i forum once said, the Bible is like an unmapped swamp. I wish you could have known that guy because he was one Baha'i who was a Bible scholar and he also knew everything about the Baha'i Faith. @Truthseeker9 would remember washowto since he was a moderator on PB.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
End of time was sun nuclear man's satanic pyramid temple causes.

End of days different.

2012 promised by the Catholic law as a world teaching never won support.

As science was repracticed.

No man is God taught. Don't thesis god nor give God a science term or human DNA will be eradicated again.

Baha'i was the evidence no man is God....but we're given messages about God versus man's sin..
Nuclear science fall of man. Theoried as fall out itself.

Natural space zero womb cooling replacing asteroid star ice reborn end of year equated a human healing in end of times.

To be inherited agreed by loving men.

UFO fallout science caused earth release would have ended. 2012.

Nuclear science was repracticed.

So now we own historic choice of man to sin against God as the end of days.

The day is gods owned immaculate inheritance body of gas spirit Sacrificed to produce the light of Gods day light.

Why we were taught the day was naturally the dies.

Bible is a healthy man teaching. About consciousness and to reason man's chosen reason to sin.

Man's sin was then taught as the sin of sex as human babies the firstborn of holy father holy mothers life are sacrificed mutated. Babies then suffered as parents chose sex.

Once described as man's science murder of life as the day body of holy twelve natural light changes was natural the first of gods only.

As sex reintroduced the baby to reincarnated returned sacrificed life. Due to mans sin.

The teaching relevant advice has never changed.

How it is reviewed changes for human purpose.

The Baha'i purposed to convince the theist Muslim scientific community returning their writings to maths nuclear thesis to be aware what science of man caused before.

Was not a welcomed challenge.

Same circumstance today.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't remember him. As I told you before, my memory is poor there days. Now do you believe me? I'm not kidding.:(
How could you ever forget washowto who used to be called shootsomeone? Maybe my memory is just too good or else I liked him so much that he stuck in my memory. You don't remember on PB when he got into it with the atheist Younggandalf?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Father says...he told my brother lucky for us that gods body bared itself naked as it's own ground state. As water evaporated creating the heavens.

So that the gardens spiritual unions of male and female in nature formed to pair nature's life.

Of course nothing to do with humans or human theists and especially nothing to do with satanists.

If you had some scientific status in how the body of god became naked to enable the earth's garden presence we would all be destroyed. If science owned it.

So when we think and use terms such as thank God .....we meant it. Thank god science wasn't God.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
How could you ever forget washowto who used to be called shootsomeone? Maybe my memory is just too good or else I liked him so much that he stuck in my memory. You don't remember on PB when he got into it with the atheist Younggandalf?
Shootsomeone? That sounds familiar. Was that someone who rambled all around and made no sense to me? I never thought they were one person. There were differences. I got no knowledge from him.