• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have read the .......

Have you read the

• Tanakh

• New Testament

• Qur'an

• Tipitaka

• Veda's

• 2 of the above

• 3 of the above

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have never thought of doing such a poll just to get some kind of understanding. Please be kind enough to put your vote about yourself. Thank you in advance.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have never thought of doing such a poll just to get some kind of understanding. Please be kind enough to put your vote about yourself. Thank you in advance.

I believe I don't know what the Tiptaka is but I hope some day to read the Sri Granth. I am not sure it is worth my time to read Ba'hai writings.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The Tanakh, the NT and the Qur'an; also parts of the Puranas.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe I don't know what the Tiptaka is but I hope some day to read the Sri Granth. I am not sure it is worth my time to read Ba'hai writings.

The Tipitaka are the three books Buddhists consider the most authentic or/and earliest writings of the Buddhas teachings.

BTW, I have never ever read the Sri Granth. Maybe now since you mentioned it. :) Thanks for the response.

Gargovic Malkav

Tanach, NT, Quran.
Haven't really dug into the dharmic scriptures yet.

I've also read some scriptures that aren't in this list such as the some of the apocrypha/pseudepigrapha, Tao Te Ching, and a little bit of the Avesta.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Tanach, NT, Quran.
Haven't really dug into the dharmic scriptures yet.

I've also read some scriptures that aren't in this list such as the some of the apocrypha/pseudepigrapha, Tao Te Ching, and a little bit of the Avesta.

Have you read all of them cover to cover?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Were they written in Persian originally? How did they come to be called Gatha's? Was that Indian influence?

Have you read all three from cover to cover?
They were written in Avestan. It's been a while since I read them or did any research on them, so unfortunately I cannot tell you.

Cover to cover :) The Tanakh was obviously my favourite lol. The Qur'an I found remarkably short for a holy text but it has an interesting take on a lot of Biblical stories, such as Jesus and Maryam.

firedragon

Veteran Member
They were written in Avestan. It's been a while since I read them or did any research on them, so unfortunately I cannot tell you.

Cover to cover :) The Tanakh was obviously my favourite lol. The Qur'an I found remarkably short for a holy text but it has an interesting take on a lot of Biblical stories, such as Jesus and Maryam.

But still you have read them cover to cover. Thats amazing.

Anyway, what do you mean an interesting take on a lot of biblical stories? Okay, such as Jesus and Maryam?

Let me see if I could read the Zarathusra's hymns. Honestly I have only read about Zarathusra in an encyclopaedia. I was absolutely in awe with the theology when I first read about it. Maybe 20 or 25 years ago. ;) But I have not read the Gathas. Now you have intrigued me and for that I must say tsk.