• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have any Questions?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Is Jesus Christ recognized as the one and only Son of God by this religion?

No. As with all non-Christian religions, and paths. But remember this is the DIR thread, so if you want to debate this, then you need to go elsewhere.

akiratoriyama

Tipradar Defender
Where is the soul located?
How can we know our soul?

Our Sages Say Soul is located in our body part
When you touch hot steam Your finger burns Soul is in your hands uptill fingers
When You Trim your hair and fingernails It does not Pains
So Soul in our Body does not exists In fingernails and hair

Onkara

Thanks for the answers! :)

What is the most challenging thing about your religion, in your experience?

willy1590

Hey,just wondering what your belief in god is,the afterlife and why homosexuality an premarital sex are bad?+do you have to be a vegetarian to be jainist and any othe rimportant info?

Jain

Is there a Jainism that doesn't involve the belief in souls? I am a very sciency guy and souls sound silly to me but I would love to be a jainist.

Buddhism has no creator god and denies the existence of any soul. The problem then arises, who or what reincarnates? Buddhists have trouble with that idea themselves.

Shuddhasattva

Buddhism has no creator god and denies the existence of any soul. The problem then arises, who or what reincarnates? Buddhists have trouble with that idea themselves.

Apologies for DIR invasion, but this is incorrect.

I have a question:

To what extent is tantrism present in Jaina Dharma?

Shuddhasattva

What is incorrect?

Buddhism has no creator god
On the whole, this is correct. Some forms of Buddhism do however, and creation narratives are attested in scripture - say, the Kulayaraja tantra (Nyingma, semsde)

and denies the existence of any soul.

This one's mostly semantic for the majority of Buddhist traditions, instead is recognized the mindstream which takes rebirth. The mindstream has no personality associated with it, it's a karmic receptacle. The nikayas describe it as the luminous mind, and this concept is further enumerated in the yogacara philosophy as the storehouse consciousness - alaya vijnana.

However, in the tathagatagarbha cycle of teachings, the satya-atman is revealed, and the doctrine of anatman shown to be provisional.