• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have any intermediary life forms, particular in the way of apes, developed writing?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The foxp2 gene is found in other animals who see the natural world in similar and different ways as humans. The gene has been selected for by the evolutionary process because it is supportive of socialization with respect to communication. Its development allow humans to communicate and come up with all kinds of ideas including G-d and goddesses. Humans have created all kinds of gods and goddesses with features that also have helped with socialization as well as control. Thus the natural world which is knowable created a species which created the ideas of beings that are unknowable and use these beings for social control. As far as science and religions being friends, there are many religious people who believe and understand evolution and how it created humans who are related to the other animals of the world in varying degrees.
"Humans have created all kinds of gods and goddesses with features that also have helped with socialization as well as control".

Thanks for the information that "foxp2 gene" is also found in other animals.
Have these animals created all kinds of gods and goddesses with features that also have helped with socialization as well as control, as you say? If not, then it is just a guesswork imagined by the Atheism people or non-believers, please. Right, please/

Regards

Bear Wild

"Humans have created all kinds of gods and goddesses with features that also have helped with socialization as well as control".

Thanks for the information that "foxp2 gene" is also found in other animals.
Have these animals created all kinds of gods and goddesses with features that also have helped with socialization as well as control, as you say? If not, then it is just a guesswork imagined by the Atheism people or non-believers, please. Right, please/

Regards
Never asked any other animals if the have created any gods or goddesses but interesting idea. We know that humans have and we can see how the gods and goddesses have changed with time from less human to more human with time.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Never asked any other animals if the have created any gods or goddesses but interesting idea. We know that humans have and we can see how the gods and goddesses have changed with time from less human to more human with time.
"We know"

What is/are one's source/s of knowledge in this connection? Is it science? If yes, then please quote from the text book of science or from a peer-reviewed article published in a reputed journal of science.
If not, then it must be one's conjecture only. Right, please?

Regards

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
"We know"

What is/are one's source/s of knowledge in this connection?

1. the fact that there are thousands of mutually exlusive gods claimed thoughout history. Meaning that the vast majority of them, at least, HAD to be invented by humans.

2. we have actually observed religions being invented in even only the past 100 years. Scientology comes to mind, among others.

We know FOR A FACT that humans invent gods and religions.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
1. the fact that there are thousands of mutually exlusive gods claimed thoughout history. Meaning that the vast majority of them, at least, HAD to be invented by humans.

2. we have actually observed religions being invented in even only the past 100 years. Scientology comes to mind, among others.

We know FOR A FACT that humans invent gods and religions.

None of them is a Revealed Religion. Please don't consider Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism as religions, they don't claim to be religions. Right, please?

Regards

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
None of them is a Revealed Religion. Please don't consider Atheism/Agnosticism/Skepticism as religions, they don't claim to be religions. Right, please?

Regards
Well, that's funny. In another thread some Christians are arguing that abiogenesis (a scientific field) is a religion. And not to rarely do religious people in USA argue that atheism is a belief and a religion.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Well, that's funny. In another thread some Christians are arguing that abiogenesis (a scientific field) is a religion. And not to rarely do religious people in USA argue that atheism is a belief and a religion.
These are ideologies, not strictly speaking Revealed Religions, please.

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
"Have any intermediary life forms, particular in the way of apes, developed writing?"
Just for information, please.
To the best of my understanding, the oldest possible symbolic figures may be the geometric forms painted on cave walls, and even then we don't know for sure whether they are examples of primitive writing. I cannot think of any other life form, other than homo sapiens sapiens, that has writing, even highly primitive writing. How can they when our closest ape relatives are still learning to talk?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
To the best of my understanding, the oldest possible symbolic figures may be the geometric forms painted on cave walls, and even then we don't know for sure whether they are examples of primitive writing. I cannot think of any other life form, other than homo sapiens sapiens, that has writing, even highly primitive writing. How can they when our closest ape relatives are still learning to talk?
Yes, it is only human being who had been endowed by ONE- G-D with the gift of speaking natural language/s eloquently, and humans much needed it.

Regards

[55:2]اَلرَّحۡمٰنُ ۙ﴿۲﴾
It is God, the Gracious
[55:3]عَلَّمَ الۡقُرۡاٰنَ ؕ﴿۳﴾
Who has taught the Qur’an.
[55:4]خَلَقَ الۡاِنۡسَانَ ۙ﴿۴﴾
He has created man.
[55:5]عَلَّمَہُ الۡبَیَانَ ﴿۵﴾
He has taught him plain speech.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 55: Ar-Rahman

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I didn't say that one should not care about them. Did I, please?
But Atheism doesn't have to say anything about it. Right, please?
They just hide behind Science while Science does not support Atheism. Does it, please?

Regards

Chantek, an Orangutan Who Knew Sign Language, Has Died at 39
Read more: Chantek, an Orangutan Who Knew Sign Language, Has Died at 39 | Smart News | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, it is only human being who had been endowed by ONE- G-D with the gift of speaking natural language/s eloquently, and humans much needed it.
Humans are the only animals that evolved the ability to vocalize complex sounds. Other animals are certainly able to associate symbols with ideas. For example, gorillas can learn sign language and chimps can learn a board where images mean words.

Bear Wild

Humans are the only animals that evolved the ability to vocalize complex sounds. Other animals are certainly able to associate symbols with ideas. For example, gorillas can learn sign language and chimps can learn a board where images mean words.
Birds vocalize complex sounds with dialects.

Bear Wild

Regards

[55:2]اَلرَّحۡمٰنُ ۙ﴿۲﴾
It is God, the Gracious
[55:3]عَلَّمَ الۡقُرۡاٰنَ ؕ﴿۳﴾
Who has taught the Qur’an.
[55:4]خَلَقَ الۡاِنۡسَانَ ۙ﴿۴﴾
He has created man.
[55:5]عَلَّمَہُ الۡبَیَانَ ﴿۵﴾
He has taught him plain speech.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 55: Ar-Rahman
Humans evolved language and writing. God had nothing to do with it.