• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hatred of Christianity!

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
BTW, if there is so many contradictions, and the writings were edited at Nicea, why would their still be contradictions?
I love this point. I don't think some people think through what they repeat from internet sites. This is a good example of that.

If the Bible was so heavily edited, there would be no reason to claim there are contradictions in it.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Maybe Christians have such a arrogant attitude, that is why they are not liked
Yes, some Christians are arrogant. However, that is no reason to hate an entire religion. I know many atheists, Jews, Muslim, etc who are arrogant. It doesn't mean I hate everyone who takes the same title as them. It doesn't even mean I should hate them.

Awoon

Why do so many people want to point the finger at Christianity for the evil done in its name instead of pointing the finger at the human heart? Pointing the finger at Christians is the same as pointing the finger at scientists saying look how evil science is pushing these drugs that can destroy lives on every T.V. comercial that pops up.
Hey Got a sniffle? try Snif away!
Side effects include headaches,nashau,depression,liver disease,flat tires on car,dog runs away,wars and rumors of wars.........etc.
science is evil and slowly murdering people through chemical processes all in the name of the almighty dollar!
Can't point the finger at science for the evil in mans heart.
Those who are full of evil and hatred ,greed will spread it by anymeans necessary and they will use the Bible,science,or any other means necessary to justify themselves.
Its not the institution of Christianity that is evil just like its not science or medicine that is evil.Pharmaceutical companies used mans faith in science(and in doctors with dumb commercials) as a means to push there selfish agendas for profits.
I don't blame scientists or consider them evil even from all of the horror and devestation that has been done through its creations.
Attacking the establishment of Christianity for the evil that man has in his heart is the same as attacking science and medicine for the evil being done in its name.
Christianity is one of the most strongest love based religions I know of and is why it is always pesecuted and in the state of resistance against hatred!

Christianity...Jesus is God and you aint. Follow Jesus without the advantage Jesus had being God.

kaknelson

Your comment in itself is arrogant. Maybe your secretly a Christian then?

Show me a whole group of people who have never had one arrogant person among themselves

Yes there are arrogant people everywhere but The Church I find is the most arrogant instituation and have the most arrogant people on this earth. shouting people down to hell for not believing some made up hell , constant persecution of the Hellenes even to this day. All the greed and hubris the priests have. To be honest I don't even think I have met a tolerant Christian speak to me after I converted from Orthodoxy to Hellenism

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Yes there are arrogant people everywhere but The Church I find is the most arrogant instituation and have the most arrogant people on this earth. shouting people down to hell for not believing some made up hell , constant persecution of the Hellenes even to this day. All the greed and hubris the priests have. To be honest I don't even think I have met a tolerant Christian speak to me after I converted from Orthodoxy to Hellenism
Lol Whens the last time you seen a Pope shouting people down to hell? I know I have never seen Benedict XVI holding a sign saying "Your going to hell."

And when exactly has there been persecution of Hellenes recently? LAst I knew, everyone in the west has complete freedom of religion( a freedom the church even supports and holds up)

If anything, it is you who is being arrogant, judging and making complete generalizations of millions of people. Shame on you for you sound like a hypocrite

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Why do people hate Christianity? It't because Christianity demands that they stop trusting in the gods they worship which in America is usually sex and self-sufficiency. Sure people come up with useless reasons why that claim to hate Christianity but deep down it's all about asling people to give up what they love most.

Matthew 10: 34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.</SPAN> 35For I have come to turn</SPAN>
“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’e</SPAN>
37“Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;</SPAN> 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.</SPAN> 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.</SPAN>

40“He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.</SPAN> 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward.</SPAN> 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward.”</SPAN>

kaknelson

Lol Whens the last time you seen a Pope shouting people down to hell? I know I have never seen Benedict XVI holding a sign saying "Your going to hell."

And when exactly has there been persecution of Hellenes recently? LAst I knew, everyone in the west has complete freedom of religion( a freedom the church even supports and holds up)

If anything, it is you who is being arrogant, judging and making complete generalizations of millions of people. Shame on you for you sound like a hypocrite

Hmm I the Pope has been shouting people to hell since 300 AD, probably earlier and the Patriarch as well

hahaha you don't even know anything about us. Whenever we go to worship the 12 Immortals outside we are always heckled and things are thrown at us all of coarse lead by the evil priests.

Christianity has had tried to terrorize us for centuries and centuries and only recently are we speaking about our existance. I guess I am pretty arrogant though but I suppose it is a reaction to the everyday abuse I suffer from christians that I get everyday.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Hmm I the Pope has been shouting people to hell since 300 AD, probably earlier and the Patriarch as well

hahaha you don't even know anything about us. Whenever we go to worship the 12 Immortals outside we are always heckled and things are thrown at us all of coarse lead by the evil priests.

Christianity has had tried to terrorize us for centuries and centuries and only recently are we speaking about our existance. I guess I am pretty arrogant though but I suppose it is a reaction to the everyday abuse I suffer from christians that I get everyday.
lol your a funny guy. I have to ask, how old are you?

Now, can you show me an instance, from the last two Popes (JPII or BXVI) when they sat a threw trash at...whatever you are, or commanded such from Catholics. Or show where either two have picket your..house or whatever saying your going to hell.

Christianity terrorizes you, for centuries? I looked up the word, Hellenes, and seems it means Greek. So Greeks have been and still are persecuted by Christians? LOL Not to mention there are...how many Greek Orthodox?

As for the Latin Pope persecuting you people, when exactly was the last time a Pope had any authority over Greece?

outhouse

Atheistically
Are they protecting theology though? What theological idea was he protecting?

ya theology was the wrong word.

religion is better. I dont know to what extent but with all the sex scandals in the church, he had motive to protect it.

as I stated, I look at theology as the study of religion, and priest study religion.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
How many Christians actually even are aware that "Hellenes" exist? When Hellenistic religions died off, and were nonexistent for hundreds of years, there is no way that they could have faced constant persecution.

As for not having spoken to a tolerant Christian, that just means you are speaking to the wrong ones. In fact, most Christians are quite liberal, and becoming more liberal in general. You are judging a religion, that is extremely diverse, by a small minority.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Why do people hate Christianity? It't because Christianity demands that they stop trusting in the gods they worship which in America is usually sex and self-sufficiency. Sure people come up with useless reasons why that claim to hate Christianity but deep down it's all about asling people to give up what they love most.
This is why people hate Christianity.

kaknelson

How many Christians actually even are aware that "Hellenes" exist? When Hellenistic religions died off, and were nonexistent for hundreds of years, there is no way that they could have faced constant persecution.

As for not having spoken to a tolerant Christian, that just means you are speaking to the wrong ones. In fact, most Christians are quite liberal, and becoming more liberal in general. You are judging a religion, that is extremely diverse, by a small minority.

Only in Greece until recently, Hellenistic religon never died off it went underground. Only a few years ago did Greece legalize the worship of the Gods. You are in America or something so of coarse aren't aware of this

I have spoken to many Christians, not only Orthodox I have not had pleasent encounters with them. I'm just saying my experiences and so far I have little reason to trust Christians or anything they say.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Only in Greece until recently, Hellenistic religon never died off it went underground. Only a few years ago did Greece legalize the worship of the Gods. You are in America or something so of coarse aren't aware of this

I have spoken to many Christians, not only Orthodox I have not had pleasent encounters with them. I'm just saying my experiences and so far I have little reason to trust Christians or anything they say.
There really is no evidence that Hellenistic religions (there are more than one) continued non-stop to the present day. There is a complete lack of evidence that is continued at all. What we do have evidence of is it dying out, and then later, like a handful of other religions, was recreated relatively recently.

In fact, I can't even find anything after the 9th century, and those sources are questionable. The modern Hellenistic religion is a recreation. There really is just no evidence that it continued from ancient times.

As for the Christians you have spoken to, they are a minority. You trying to claim otherwise simply is ridiculous. That, or when you speak to them you have been insulting, like calling them all arrogant.