• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hate

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Will hatred always play a role in human culture? Can we eliminate it from the human experience?

pexels-nothing-ahead-4576303.jpg
Photo by Nothing Ahead from Pexels

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Will hatred always play a role in human culture? Can we eliminate it from the human experience?

View attachment 49142
I do believe hate is possible to remove from once mind yes.
If it is possible to remove hate from every person on earth, that is a very big challenge i believe. everyone would have to fully want to remove their hate for it to be done.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It is too soon to answer that question, however the answer is being worked on. Many people work on this in various ways, trying out different ways to make it happen. Some of them have been famous historic blunders, empires and political systems. Others have been clubs, secret societies, sports, youth programs, educational methods.

Work continues, and as long as people have hate, more ways to eliminate hate will be tried. Eventually something will work, because we will never give up.

I think one thing that may work is if breakthroughs in human psychology eliminate most forms of madness. It is only in the last century that human psychology has become so well understood, and research proceeds. Imagine a world in which angry people don't become paranoid. Imagine a world where there are no anger control problems, where every person has complete control of when they get angry. Imagine a world in which each person feels valued and values themselves. This is not something we have ever seen happen but which is possible.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I see hatred as a misapplied skill--wrathful emotions are useful for getting around obstacles and solving problems. What we know as hatred is when we don't look deeply enough at the problem in order to truly resolve it and instead go for a quicker means that doesn't truly resolve the problem.

Tibetan Black Magic is transforming hatred into compassion (skillfulness.) Instead of hating the person, you skillfully help yourself to overcome your hatred and resolve the actual suffering.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

If one person can eliminate it from their own experience, I see no reason it can't be removed from a human culture.

But hate is a product of ego, and until people manage their ego instead of allowing their ego to manage them, I'm afraid hate will remain a part of the human experience.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

View attachment 49142

I hope so. I'm not a hate ad revenge person since I have no reason to hate and don't feel the need, but more it's hard to forgive which may cause just as harm, in some respects.

It does heightened a sensitivity when they feed a people's emotions to where they need to hate person back. I think it has its place...say maybe it's the minds way to justify it feeling threatened by someone else's speech or behavior. It blames the other for ones emotional responses.

But if we found alternative feelings, cognitive distortions changes, it would do a world of good. Not rejecting hate or needing to suppress it, but realizing it has no power over a person.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
let's not leave God out of this

it seems we have been warned
there would be some items on His hate list

Sodom?.......anyone?