• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hate speach

PureX

Veteran Member
PureX said:
Living in a society means that along with our own individual freedom there comes a responsibility to respect the freedoms, rights, and well-being of those we are living among. Your friend didn't do that and so was ejected from that particular online society.

So what?
And the people who were offended also had a responsibility and that was NOT to get offended and starting taking some personal responsibility for their emotions instead of blaming others and using political correctness as their scapegoat.
Ah, yes, there it is ... that old "political correctness" boogeyman. The whole world is supposed to tolerate our intolerance, or be endlessly slandered by the right wing confederacy of whiney white men.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A friend of mine on another US based Religious Forum has been banned for inciting hate speech, I know him and all that has happened as does on this forum is someone got offended by his comments and reported his post. Surly in a world based on talking personal responsibility, the person who's offended is the problem, but sadly the blame shifting world in which we live in now empowers those who are offended. What a nonsense.

Doesn't the 1st amendment allow for FREE SPEECH ?? So my question: Does the forum have the power & authority to ban him?

He's thinking strongly of filling a case against the forum for not complying with the 1st amendment.
Yes, forums can ban people. Even in the U.S.. Even I have been banned at times (though totally unjustly, ask anyone). There are terms of service that one agrees to on every forum and violating those can result in a banning (again of course I did not do that, my banning was simply an evil deed by overzealous mods:rolleyes:).

And guess what, when people are banned they will often deny that they were at fault or even (gasp!) dishonestly say why they were banned.

Rational Agnostic

A friend of mine on another US based Religious Forum has been banned for inciting hate speech, I know him and all that has happened as does on this forum is someone got offended by his comments and reported his post. Surly in a world based on talking personal responsibility, the person who's offended is the problem, but sadly the blame shifting world in which we live in now empowers those who are offended. What a nonsense.

Doesn't the 1st amendment allow for FREE SPEECH ?? So my question: Does the forum have the power & authority to ban him?

He's thinking strongly of filling a case against the forum for not complying with the 1st amendment.

Lol, a private forum can make whatever rules it wants. Of course he has free speech, but the forum also has the freedom to make whatever rules they want. Freedom of speech means that you cannot face legal consequences for something you say. It has nothing to do with rules of private forums, clubs, etc.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Living in a society means that along with our own individual freedom there comes a responsibility to respect the freedoms, rights, and well-being of those we are living among. Your friend didn't do that and so was ejected from that particular online society.

So what?
I agree. With rights come responsibilities. Society is organized to balance the two. It's not a perfect balance much of the time, but that's the goal.

Flankerl

OP is lucky that it's against Forum rules for me to write what I think about America and the Amendments they constantly bring up as if they are somehow important for the world.

Curious George

Veteran Member

Yes. A private forum has the right to control what is on that forum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OP is lucky that it's against Forum rules for me to write what I think about America and the Amendments they constantly bring up as if they are somehow important for the world.
If you removed all the profanity & other such problematic
language, I'm sure the mods would allow your criticism.
If not, then let me know...I'll use my influence to....uh....
you'll be better off if I'm not on your side.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I can't remember the last last time a Jewish chick made me kinda hot.:fourleaf:
Tom

Earthling

David Henson

Yeah, that's nice . . . so . . . do they have religious discussion on this forum of which you speak. I can't comment specifically on the legal possibilities unless I've seen the forum for myself. Could you send me a private link? Yeah . . . that would work.

Flankerl

If you removed all the profanity & other such problematic language

That's another thing. Americans can't deal with "foul" language.
It's like you all grow up packed in cotton.

So no the foul language would serve a point.
What good is a rant without swearing?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's another thing. Americans can't deal with "foul" language.
You've clearly not spent any time here, especially around guys in the trades.
I'll bet you don't know what a carpenter would call 1/64 of an inch.
Hint: It's not metric.

wellwisher

People seem to forget that words are nothing but subjective sounds and noises. There is no common human noise/word for anything. There are 6500 different spoken languages on earth and each makes a different sound or noise for various things. The entire PC word fad is about the subjectivity of language and not about anything objective.

Words are not gods that have magical power over you, unless you chose to make that the case. The subjective nature of language is where gods and devils are made; false gods. If I insulted you in another unknown language, it would not bother you as much, since you are not sure what I am saying. It can mean the same thing as something that bothers you deeply, but its subjective magic power is very weak due to ignorance and lack of reinforcement; learned behavior.

Although you don't know for sure what my foreign sounding noises mean to you, you might to try to figure out the gist of what I am saying, by the emotions I am expressing behind the sounds and noises. This approach is more objective, since human emotions are collective and universal and exist independent of language. Emotions came eons before language; Tower of Babel.

If I am insulting you in a foreign language, but I am smiling kindly, you would not be hurt. You would laugh with me. If I complement you lavishly in a foreign language, but with angry rage in my voice, you would feel threatened by the complements. It is not the subjective noises that will decide but the emotion behind those noises.

If you watched CNN, but you did not know what they were saying, due to a language barrier, you could still feel their anger, hate and used car salesman approach. In a universal sense this is hate speech, since it is not based on an arbitrary subjective sets of conditioned noises. Rather it is based on underlying emotions that are universally understood beyond the facade of language.

The left does it backwards to keep this game subjective and programmable. It places the subjective before the objective. That is how they scam the system. Since an objective person is dealing with so many brain washed people, you are sort of stuck in terms of being able to use common sense in public. You have to pretend to worship the conditioned magic words and noises out of respect for the traditions and weakness of the brain washed. But still these traditions require the inmates run the asylum, which the sane person understands, is not good for anyone and can only lead to disaster.

Last edited: