• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Your View Changed Thru These Forums?

Has Your View Changed Thru These Forums?

• Total voters

Sundance

Premium Member
Well, @JesusBeliever, to answer your question, yes. My views have changed during my, almost, four years on the forums. I had [back then] a view of my faith as a Bahá’í that I can only consider immature and shallow. A very knowledgeable soul named @arthra had helped me early on to deepen in my understandings and gave me much encouragement and support. (For which, I am eternally grateful to him and to God. Alhamdulillah!) Though I haven’t been the most devout in adhering to my faith, he and so many other very beautiful souls here (of many different religious and nonreligious persuasions) have shown me praiseworthy examples of sincere devotion.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
my views have not changed, but I learn quite a bit about people in general on here, and the debates are informative.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
My views haven't changed, but I also haven't been here long. I still try to consider different views. I'm taking in much more than I'm posting.

syo

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had their views change through any of the discussions and debates on these forums? And not necessarily a change in Religion, it could be a change in a particular belief within your religion or you have changed your view about someone else's religion, beliefs or views.

Please feel free to share any changes you've experienced through these forums.
yes. I accepted christianity more.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes, over the years, some of my views have slightly changed. Nothing dramatic, just filling in holes, really.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I voted other, because my knowledge of other faiths has increased. I don't think I've changed my personal views, as this place is largely intellectual whereas my personal faith is largely intuitive. But as with some others, that knowledge of other faiths has gone both ways, both garnering a deeper respect for some, and simultaneously losing respect for others.