• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has there been a mass exodus of Jehovah's Witnesses from here?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think that most think the difference is that being of the world means taking part in the vices of the world. And it is that we are to not take part in.
That can't be it.
Matthew 4:8
Matthew 5:14
Matthew 13:35
Matthew 13:38
John 3:16-19
John 1:29

I think that being a part of the world means hoping in the world instead of hoping in God.

starlite

Texasgirl
Bear in mind that J.W.s are a close nit bunch, very caring, loving, and
protective of one another and tend to avoid "things of this world".
The apostle John’s words: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) refers to the world in general that is alienated from God, not to individuals. Breaking free from the spirit of the world requires not only avoiding unchristian activities and excesses but also cultivating attitudes that reflect God’s spirit and genuine love for his ways.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think that being a part of the world means hoping in the world instead of hoping in God.

Where did Jesus place his hope according to John 17:14-16
If we hope in the world where does that place us with God according to James 4:4

The world will place its hope in political powers.
The UN already sees a hauntingly dangerous climate brewing in today's world
Religion connected to terrorism places it on the UN's radar, so to speak.
With backing the UN can be strengthened to turn on the world's run afoul religious groups even starting with Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only )
Placing trust in the political world, and Not placing trust in Jesus, does Not lead to hope.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Where did Jesus place his hope according to John 17:14-16
God's Word. Am I right?
If we hope in the world where does that place us with God according to James 4:4
An enemy of God.

The world will place its hope in political powers.
Politics has no real power. It is an illusion. People of the world put hope in PEOPLE.
The UN already sees a hauntingly dangerous climate brewing in today's world
You should probably not speak for what the UN sees. It makes you look somewhat foolish.
Religion connected to terrorism places it on the UN's radar, so to speak.
I think you might mean terrorism connected to religion. Am I right?
With backing the UN can be strengthened to turn on the world's run afoul religious groups even starting with Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only )
Well, maybe, maybe not. If we die before they ever do that we won't know. Will we?
Placing trust in the political world, and Not placing trust in Jesus, does Not lead to hope.
I think we agree. Is it not what I wrote?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God's Word. Am I right?
An enemy of God.
Politics has no real power. It is an illusion. People of the world put hope in PEOPLE.
You should probably not speak for what the UN sees. It makes you look somewhat foolish.
I think you might mean terrorism connected to religion. Am I right?
Well, maybe, maybe not. If we die before they ever do that we won't know. Will we?
I think we agree. Is it not what I wrote?

Isn't the ' hope in people ' often in political people, so with backing the United Nations can be strengthened to become God's ' arm of the law ' to go against run afoul religious groups who are playing false to God and to His Word. Yes, terrorism connected to religion places them on the UN's radar, so to speak. Not meaning speaking for the UN but that the UN is aware.
If we die before the coming ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - then we will find out the details when we are resurrected back to healthy physical life on earth during Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth.
The ' hope ' I mentioned is the Bible's hope that there ' is going to be ' (future tense) a resurrection...... Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Most or the majority of mankind will be resurrected back to life on earth with the opportunity to live forever on earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
That is why Jesus referred to Psalms 37:11; Psalms 37:29; Matthew 5:5 as earth being a forever home for those who will inherit the earth.
When Jesus takes the action of Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:15 - then afterwards Jesus will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

anonymous9887

bible reader
If so, how do they hope to bring others to the truth as they believe they have it to others if they will not talk to those they consider unbelievers? Are they going to next stop going door to door,too, which would please most, because they might be associating with unbelievers? Is this what Jesus did?

Have all the JWs left this site? If so I'm truly disappointed.

Jensen
Nope I'm still here