• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has there been a mass exodus of Jehovah's Witnesses from here?

Jensen

If so, how do they hope to bring others to the truth as they believe they have it to others if they will not talk to those they consider unbelievers? Are they going to next stop going door to door,too, which would please most, because they might be associating with unbelievers? Is this what Jesus did?

Have all the JWs left this site? If so I'm truly disappointed.

Jensen

Jensen

I'm truly disappointed because I like them and what they post....it was always very informative. If they have left I will miss them.

Jensen

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Well there weren't very many Witnesses here to begin with.
Maybe, 4, two ladies, and 2 fellows I believe.
I'm associated with the J.W. organisation but have yet to attend
meetings but do have a Bible study going with a nice couple.
I must get off my lazy butt and at least attend Sunday services.
I dearly miss those Witnesses that posted here but sadly they
took some flak from some members.
Why? I haven't a clue.
Perhaps I can e-mail one J.W. lady I am quite close to and ask
if she can come back.
She knew the other J.W.s that posted here and perhaps she has
e-mail addresses for them also.
It's possible the Governing Body, those that make suggestions and
guide lines for J.W. conduct, could have issued dialog that frowned
on using religious internet sites. I simply don't know.
The man that I study with suggested I NOT engage in discussions
about religion on the net.
However, I don't take direction very well and doubt "the devil" will
get me for being here.
Superstitious drivel I think.
Bear in mind that J.W.s are a close nit bunch, very caring, loving, and
protective of one another and tend to avoid "things of this world".
I think some go too far overboard with that feeling.
This site is a wonderful place to share individual experiences with
different religions.
Frankly I think the J.W. organisation has the Bible nailed pretty good,
better than most.

picnic

However, I don't take direction very well and doubt "the devil" will
get me for being here.
Superstitious drivel I think.
Bear in mind that J.W.s are a close nit bunch, very caring, loving, and
protective of one another and tend to avoid "things of this world".
I think some go too far overboard with that feeling.
I hope you don't join the JWs and then change your mind and find that they make it painful to leave. They "disfellowship" and shun and so forth. In spite of that, JWs have the highest rate of deconversions.

If you must join a religion, why don't you pick something where nobody will care if you change your mind later?

I do agree that JWs seem to have some more sensible theories of theology, and they are very good people. I change my mind often, so I don't want people to make that inevitability painful.

jeager106

Premium Member
I hope you don't join the JWs and then change your mind and find that they make it painful to leave. They "disfellowship" and shun and so forth. In spite of that, JWs have the highest rate of deconversions

If you must join a religion, why don't you pick something where nobody will care if you change your mind later?

I do agree that JWs seem to have some more sensible theories of theology, and they are very good people. I change my mind often, so I don't want people to make that inevitability painful.

Thank you for the thought.
I have never "joined" any religion or religious group.
I attend some services out of Christian curiosity.
IF I joined a religion and later bailed out I would not care one
bit what people on the "net" think of my decisions.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything it's just that a persons
religious conviction are highly personal and not subject to
the consciousness of others. Especially others on the net
where anyone can say or believe almost anything whether
true or not.
See my point?
About J.W. leaving here? YES. The "Governing Body" disapproves of internet
religious sites that are not J.W. sites so they are "encouraged" not to engage
in internet religious discussions.
I don't know exactly why.
J.W, are held to very strict J.W. standards and are encourage not to become
"part of this world".
I have problems with that dogma. J.W. work for a living, pay taxes, and are very
much "part of this world", like it or not.
However they do shun activities not necessary like joining service organizations,
the military in any form, social clubs not J.W. approved, and much more.
By and large they are very law abiding, respectful of the law, and keep themselves
close to the tenants of the organization.
There are several other religious groups that follow similar rules.

Last edited:

Jensen

Hi,
Oh I pray, do tell?

Christ's prophet
Certainty for eternity

If you believe that they do not believe in the resurrection, what do you think their hope is? Just being dead forever?
Their hope is a resurrection into the kingdom of God, The 144000 ruling with Jesus from heaven, others a resurrection of life on the new earth. If I am wrong, hopefully Starlite will correct me.

Jensen

I hope you don't join the JWs and then change your mind and find that they make it painful to leave. They "disfellowship" and shun and so forth. In spite of that, JWs have the highest rate of deconversions.

If I left a church why would I care at all what those that I left thought of me, being that I would have chose not to be one of them anymore. I'd care more about what those of the new church thought of me being that it would be them that I would be having a relationship with. Just a thought being that I do not have a church or go to any...

picnic

If I left a church why would I care at all what those that I left thought of me, being that I would have chose not to be one of them anymore. I'd care more about what those of the new church thought of me being that it would be them that I would be having a relationship with. Just a thought being that I do not have a church or go to any...
That's a good point.

starlite

Texasgirl
About J.W. leaving here? YES. The "Governing Body" disapproves of internet
religious sites that are not J.W. sites so they are "encouraged" not to engage
in internet religious discussions.
I don't know exactly why.
J.W, are held to very strict J.W. standards and are encourage not to become
"part of this world".
Jesus said his followers would be no part of the world just as he was no part of the world. What does this mean? The apostle John wrote: “We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” (1 John 5:19) The wars, crime, cruelty, oppression, dishonesty, and immorality that are so rampant today give evidence of Satan’s, not God’s, influence. When an individual becomes one of Jehovah's Witnesses, he does not practice or consent to the previously mentioned practices, and that makes him no part of the world.

Our desire to keep separate from the world can be put to the test in subtle ways. Therefore, we are cautious when it comes to the opinion of others. We base our beliefs and conduct on the principles found in the Bible.

jeager106

Premium Member
STARLITE SAYS:
"Our desire to keep separate from the world can be put to the test in subtle ways. Therefore, we are cautious when it comes to the opinion of others. We base our beliefs and conduct on the principles found in the Bible."

Very well said and thank you.:D

Jensen

There must be a difference in meaning when referring to the world, and referring to the earth, being that God created the earth to be inhabited by mankind. What is your view of this difference? Thanks.

Jensen

I think that most think the difference is that being of the world means taking part in the vices of the world. And it is that we are to not take part in.