• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has the Forum Become More -- or Less -- Hateful Over the Past Year?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Rules don't matter
Is this why we've had a bunch of threads about online rules, terms of service/usage, and user agreements, where as they pertain to a current event it turns out people are bound to those rules few people read to know about all the stuff in them, and it turns out they do matter?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Is this why we've had a bunch of threads about online rules, terms of service/usage, and user agreements, where as they pertain to a current event it turns out people are bound to those rules few people read to know about all the stuff in them, and it turns out they do matter?

That doesn't really sound like a question.
Tom

ETA ~Luckily, RF doesn't have a rule about making a batch of assertions and then putting a ? at the end, and pretending it's a question.
:D
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That doesn't really sound like a question.
Tom

ETA ~Luckily, RF doesn't have a rule about making a batch of assertions and then putting a ? at the end, and pretending it's a question.
:D
Tom
No, I await your response. As you observed, there is a question mark, which does denote a question was asked. If rules really don't matter why do we ever talk about how much does really matter?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's definitely not as friendly and it no longer has the sense of community that it once had.
No, it's become friendlier & more of a community....ya
disagreeable pig paddle'n, chicken chuck'n, alpaca pack'n,
cow caress'n, rooster rub'n, cat cook'n, steer stroke'n, goat
greet'n, sheep shake'n, lamb lick'n, weasel wrangler!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
There's too many Trump haters on this forum, but then again, I think one Trump hater is one too many.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's too many Trump haters on this forum, but then again, I think one Trump hater is one too many.
Haters or critics? Criticism is usually a good thing.

Me, I don't think I'm a hater, but I've become impatient with hopelessly obtuse posters lately.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No, I await your response. As you observed, there is a question mark, which does denote a question was asked. If rules really don't matter why do we ever talk about how much does really matter?
I didn't say the rules don't matter at all.
The rules don't matter much. It's how they're interpreted, how they're applied, if the staff abide by them, and that sort of thing that matters.
Far more than some little black marks on my screen.

As an example, I've been a member of many internet forums. Many had very inclusive rules, based on the little black marks on their rules screen. But the mods found reasons to interpret those rules in quite exclusive ways, banning some people for behavior that they praised amongst other people. Christians did that a lot, atheists weren't much less hypocritical. Muslims were the worst, but not by much.

I started dividing internet forums up into groups, based on the quality of moderation. Nothing to do with the rules, those didn't matter. Those rules didn't matter any more than a religious community telling me that they love everyone, but gays and blacks and leftists and trans, and whatever, get treated badly. Because they can't get past their biased opinion about what the rules actually mean.

The RF staff can, better than any I've known. That's why I say "The rules don't matter, it's the staff that matters".
Tom

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The RF staff can, better than any I've known. That's why I say "The rules don't matter, it's the staff that matters".
Tom

I agree with this. After all, most forums seem to have pretty much the same or similar guidelines and rules. But I will give the staff here credit for being more neutral and fair than I've generally seen in other forums.

Another thing I like about RF is that, unlike other message boards I've been to, it's kind of nice not being the weirdest person in the forum. Here, maybe 20 - 30% of the posters are weirder than me, so that's kind of cool.