• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has science revealed God?

Can this be construed as God

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ogmios

Man on a mission
I have yet to see god waive at me ... ;)

An in my religion, god doesn't talk through books... book rot, get re-written and blow away.

wa:do
I suppose God speaks to you through your heart. I feel certain you are a nice person even though like all others you could choose to be nasty. Everyone is different and everyone has a choice. I think it correct for you to question what others say, we should all ask questions and have doubts about what we read and hear, only your true self can tell you what is right or wrong. Follow your gut instinct, I am following mine. In your religion I guess you follow what was handed down to you from your forefathers and it is fantastic that you abide with what you have been taught. It will keep you true to who you are and where you have come from. I am not promoting any religion as there are truths in all. The combined truths of all religions is the way to go, the problem is to find all the truths that have not been tarnished or altered by man through time, which is where your statement of following written texts rings true, very true in fact. I follow my heart and look for the truths in all religions. Any thing that calls for war is idiotic, everything that calls for peace, love and harmony is true and correct. Our natural state is peace. :D

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Actually I rejected what I was taught (it made no sense to me) and chose the path I am on today.
But that is neither here nor there.

If you want to see god in a generated pattern, that is fine... but I don't see it any more than I see god in a burnt piece of toast.

IMHO God doesn't need toast or computers to give vague hopes of existance.

ogmios

Man on a mission
Actually I rejected what I was taught (it made no sense to me) and chose the path I am on today.
But that is neither here nor there.

If you want to see god in a generated pattern, that is fine... but I don't see it any more than I see god in a burnt piece of toast.

IMHO God doesn't need toast or computers to give vague hopes of existance.

To me it's not a matter of seeing God in a generated pattern, I see God in everything natural, that pattern has been shown to be infinate, the resemblance of a body and head with protrusions just confirms what scripture has dictated of us being made in God's image, and one would expect that as scripture says God is the source, infinate means no end, either small or large. God is the creator of everything small and large, so we have a shape that we can prove is infinate(no end), our concept of a God is that he/she created everything, so us finding a shape that is infinate could/should be proof of God, no?

nancee85

The Mandelbrot set just proves that there is no need for God. We are humans because we are the function of the Mandelbrot set, evolution, cause and effect over billions of years.

nancee85

Hi guys,
If you understand what this image means, it actually proves that God in fact did not create anything at all. All phenomena in this universe follows a set of rules and laws. It is not created by any higher power, it exist because it follows the Laws of the universe. If the Mandlebrot set proves that we exist because of a set of simple rules, cause and effect, evolution, etc... then tell me where is Gods role in this?
And please don't tell be me because God created everything so He created the Mandlebrot set as well. The Set is there to show us we are here because of natural selection, and diversity of life follows universal laws. Not because some higher power uses his will to create life.
I'm sorry to sound harsh but maybe... just maybe man created God because of ignorance of the unexplainable or compassion for the suffering, or to have some thing to cling on to out of desperation.
Has anyone seen "The invention of lying"? Please watch that and be open minded about it.
Don't just follow what others put on to you, put it through the test and if it makes you happy then you have found it's true value.

St Giordano Bruno

Science has determined via Fractal Geometry that infinity small exists and that the
smallest re-occurring shape they can find, looks similar to our human shape.

(man made in God's image???)
Then they took 5 basic life principles found in all living things, and applied them; with the use of a computer, to this shape, and the computer comes up with photographic quality pictures of animals, coastlines, plants, fish, mountain ranges, stellar constellations, every day things in our lives and in nature, would we be able to say that all living things have the same basic fabric?
We have been told that we are made in God's image, Is this proof of that?
I open this question to anyone to comment on. I am passing on what has come before my eye's and I will say that my logic tells me this is the basic fabric of all life in the universe. This has caused me to stop and think. What are your views about this?

If I have been unclear in the description of my understanding it just shows how complex it is to prove that God exists. This is the best I can come up with.
I will do my best to clarify any Questions anyone has.:angel2:

Either God could do with a good workout at the gymn or fat guys believe they are the only ones created in his image.

Orias

Left Hand Path

would we be able to say that all living things have the same basic fabric?

I agree :D

We have been told that we are made in God's image, Is this proof of that?

I wouldn't necessarily call it "God" because then people assume that you are applying your "God". Everyone has their own perception of what "God" is.

If I have been unclear in the description of my understanding it just shows how complex it is to prove that God exists. This is the best I can come up with.

I understand your position :D

thedope

No, but language does. Every word we have is indicative of some embodied sensation.
God from this perspective is that which is invoked.

Orias

Left Hand Path
No, but language does. Every word we have is indicative of some embodied sensation.
God from this perspective is that which is invoked.

Funny you mention that...

"God" is defined by everyone, simply because it is a label used to describe "The most supreme". The earliest found history of the word "God" was found among the language of the Sanskrit, dating back to 15,000 years ago. The word "God" translated into "call upon, implore, invoke".